Saints cut Jeremy Shockey

• Replies 77
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Owens never opened his mouth in Buffalo. Come up with another comparison, that one doesn't work.

And, by the way, the point of this exercise is to no longer be a losing team. You do that by getting players who help you get better.

Excuse me :o but I beg to differ. Terrible Owens railed against Trent Edwards and promoted Fitz so that he could pad his #'s.

Sure TO caught and dropped more passes from Fitz then Trent... but the outcome for BOTH QB's was dismal LOSSES.

Remember when...

Jauron announced Edwards will start against the Titans, having reclaimed his job after missing two games with a concussion.

And then Owens' hip began bothering him during the team's day off on Tuesday, and he noted that the receiver was feeling "very uncomfortable" when he arrived for meetings on Wednesday.

It's unclear how Owens was hurt, because he practiced on Monday after the team returned from a four-day break following its bye.

Some words don't need to be spoken

Remember when...

Jauron announced Edwards will start against the Titans, having reclaimed his job after missing two games with a concussion.

And then Owens' hip began bothering him during the team's day off on Tuesday, and he noted that the receiver was feeling "very uncomfortable" when he arrived for meetings on Wednesday.

It's unclear how Owens was hurt, because he practiced on Monday after the team returned from a four-day break following its bye.

Some words don't need to be spoken

OK, you're right. Owens was a cancer on this team and he's likely the reason for our continued bottom scraping. Matter of fact, I think he set this franchise back 10 years. We should only recruit players who don't speak to the media or tweet.

I was going to post lastnight that this was making the rounds with people that know shockey- but didn't have a link so I let it go. I think he'd take less to make going there work. He loves the place. Spends much of the offseason in Miami already. I remember being concerned for distractions going there for the superbowl. I believe he makes it happen, for a modest price too. It'll be a good deal for both sides.

Why do you choose to believe he was a saint when he wasn't?

Did TO help the Bills win any games?

Did he try harder with Fitz than with Trent YES HE DID.

BODY LANGUAGE I've seen TO give up on plays with Trent as QB, but not so much with FITZ. Watch the game tapes again.

back to the thread subject

Tight end Jeremy Shockey took and passed a physical with the Miami Dolphins on Thursday, a league source told ESPN NFL Insider Adam Schefter.

It is not known if Shockey, released by the New Orleans Saints this week, and the Dolphins are negotiating a contract.

Last season, Shockey made 41 catches for 408 yards and three touchdowns in 13 games.

OK, you're right. Owens was a cancer on this team and he's likely the reason for our continued bottom scraping. Matter of fact, I think he set this franchise back 10 years. We should only recruit players who don't speak to the media or tweet.

Tweeting causes receivers to drop the ball, I thought that was a well-established fact.

Do you have a better suggestion as to what the Bills should do at TE before next season? Graham Harrell perhaps?

Um, Wait to see if Zack Miller hits FA. The Raiders are going crazy signing their players to big time contracts. He may make it to FA and would be a long term solution instead of Shockey. If the raiders or someone else signs him, Shockey will still be around and then grab him. Right now he needs to wander around free.

Tweeting causes receivers to drop the ball, I thought that was a well-established fact.

Yeah Right on, trade S. Johnson NOW!!!!!!! Wait um what?

Um, Wait to see if Zack Miller hits FA. The Raiders are going crazy signing their players to big time contracts. He may make it to FA and would be a long term solution instead of Shockey. If the raiders or someone else signs him, Shockey will still be around and then grab him. Right now he needs to wander around free.

Since when has Buffalo signed quality free agents since RW installed his friends and employees at the GM position? The Bills aren't pursuing name guys in the prime of their careers because they just don't believe in it.