Bills interested in Atogwe

he'll join his soon to be father-in-law if he knows whats really good for him lol

All I could picture was a female version of Singletary with those eyes popping out of his head. She's actually much prettier....

http://img132.imageshack.us/img132/613/piczk.jpg

Edited by DrDankenstein

Atogwe had 1/2 the number of tackles, 2 more INTs than Whitner did last year. The Rams cut

him because he didn't live up to the big contract that he signed.

Now, I am not saying that Atogwe isn't as good as Whitner, but I don't see a huge upgrade

there. Money required to sign each would be a significant factor in choosing one over

the other (IMHO).

Firstly you'd have to know how much it would cost to sign Atogwe and weigh that as to how good he is and where his career curve is.

Then you'd have to ask, "would we be better off spending that money at another position?"

Atogwe's had a nice interception total in his career. He's supposed to be a much better free safety than strong safety.

I believe he was asked to play strong safety last year. We already have our free safety in Byrd.

Nothing against Atogwe but I hope the Bills have prioritized their free agency needs to include a starting tight end first and foremost.

If they can sign Atogwe AND Zach Miller or Kevin Boss, I'd be on board with that.

OMG! He's available and I've heard of him.

Sign him NOW. But, only if you can do it on the cheap, 'cause he's washed up.

No. The FO has to sign him or it will prove the team is in disarray.

Throw him a dozen million dollar signing bonus to get him here.

That's the only way FAs will come to Buffalo.

Ralph is cheap, so it won't happen.

Did I cover all the bases?

Atogwe had 1/2 the number of tackles, 2 more INTs than Whitner did last year. The Rams cut

him because he didn't live up to the big contract that he signed.

Now, I am not saying that Atogwe isn't as good as Whitner, but I don't see a huge upgrade

there. Money required to sign each would be a significant factor in choosing one over

the other (IMHO).

He had half the # of tackles because he covered the other teams TE twice as often.

OMG! He's available and I've heard of him.

Sign him NOW. But, only if you can do it on the cheap, 'cause he's washed up.

No. The FO has to sign him or it will prove the team is in disarray.

Throw him a dozen million dollar signing bonus to get him here.

That's the only way FAs will come to Buffalo.

Ralph is cheap, so it won't happen.

Did I cover all the bases?

No, you forgot "someone wake up Buddy!" and "we're doomed!".

I billieve we should sign him...if we cannot sign and RT/DL/LB or TE. I'm not so sure how active we're gonna be in FA this year. I'd prefer to sign a player that plays a position of need. If we are unable to sign anyone, then I'd welcome adding him to the team. He's a good player. We need more good players.

Atogwe does a few things better than Whitner.

1. Considerably more productive in creating turnovers.

2. He has the height, talent and experience in covering TE's in the 3-4 defense during his career.

Right, because he played FREE SAFETY.

NOT STRONG SAFETY.

Kinda like saying Jeff Saturday should be our new RT because he plays on the Line.

Right, because he played FREE SAFETY.

NOT STRONG SAFETY.

Kinda like saying Jeff Saturday should be our new RT because he plays on the Line.

You do realize he's played both SS and FS in his career? He performed quite well at the SS position.