Auburn Tree Poisoned

papazoid

• Replies 69
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

OK, thanks for your meaningless input. Someone get this poor fellow a tissue box.

:rolleyes:

To everyone else in the thread... we see here another perfect example of the type of person that would do something like this and this mindset is a widespread and major problem in our country.

"If it aint important to me, eff it and everyone else!"

Thanks dude.

Edited by DrDankenstein

To everyone else in the thread... we see here another perfect example of the type of person that would do something like this and this mindset is a widespread and major problem in our country.

"If it aint important to me, eff it and everyone else!"

Thanks dude.

Aaaand, Doctor Hypocrisy, when you start giving a damn what others think, let me know. How about pro-lifers? How ya feel about them? Are their feelings important to you? At least I'm intellectually honest.

And no, asshat, I wouldn't poison someone else's trees. But I ain't going to get my panties in a knot when someone else does.

Dude.

Edited by joesixpack

Aaaand, Doctor Hypocrisy, when you start giving a damn what others think, let me know. How about pro-lifers? How ya feel about them? Are their feelings important to you? At least I'm intellectually honest.

And no, asshat, I wouldn't poison someone else's trees. But I ain't going to get my panties in a knot when someone else does.

Dude.

Intellectually honest? I'll give you honest...

Your latest argument is that because people care about trees, that they don't care about humans?

Is that what you're trying to express?

Intellectually honest? I'll give you honest...

Your latest argument is that because people care about trees, that they don't care about humans?

Is that what you're trying to express?

No, my point is that Dr. Dank, for all his sermonizing and holier-than-thou nonsense has cherry picked an issue near to his heart. I'd like to see him defend the "feelings" of others who don't share his opinion. But, to save everyone's excitement levels, he won't. Because, SJ, he's a hypocrite like everyone else.

Example: http://forums.twobil...pt/page__st__40:lol:

In this thread, he expresses his overwhelming sensitivity for his fellow man in even more profound ways.

Edited by joesixpack

This just has Alabama written all over it IMO. This is hilarious.

Here he admits to poisoning the tree on a radio show.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=hm8AqL9FV-o

I think this lead the police to investigate and sure enough he was telling the truth. Tree was poisoned and now he is arrested! LOL

http://www.cnn.com/2011/CRIME/02/17/alabama.auburn.trees/index.html

Edited by dayman

This just has Alabama written all over it IMO. This is hilarious.

Here he admits to poisoning the tree on a radio show.

youtube.com/watch?v=hm8AqL9FV-o

I think this lead the police to investigate and sure enough he was telling the truth. Tree was poisoned and now he is arrested! LOL

http://www.cnn.com/2011/CRIME/02/17/alabama.auburn.trees/index.html

Sorry, can't agree with your over generalization of the South or Alabama. But regarding this specific idiot...caller ID is a B word.

Even if it wasnt about the NC at the time, it was still over a stupid rivalry. And across all the radio shows down here this week, I have not heard one Bama fan condemn the actions, its all been "Thats what they get". Pitiful and pathetic.

Interesting statement to make. I'll disagree and so does this person:

http://www.al.com/sports/index.ssf/2011/02/despite_rivalry_many_bama_fans.html

It would be nice for Bama to step forward with ANY type of statement or action on this...

Why? What does the University of Alabama have to do with this?

Where was Auburn's statement or action regarding Saban's lake house being vandalized this past year by alleged Aubbie fans?

Where's Cynical? Im interested in his take on this.

Quite simple. The guy is an ****. I, as well as others that I know, do not condone what he did.

I do not condone vandalism, whether it's a tree, somebody's lake house, or a player's lawn.

The guy's actions were petty and childish, and embarrassing to the great people who follow and support the University of Alabama.

I hope they punish him as harshly as possible.

AUBURN, Ala. -- Auburn University says someone deliberately poisoned trees at Toomer's Corner, where fans have long celebrated big wins and hundreds gathered after the Tigers won the football national championship on Jan. 10.

The university said in a statement Wednesday that a herbicide commonly used to kill trees was applied "in lethal amounts" to the soil around the two trees, and that they likely can't be saved.

It's really sad. Over a game . . . :bag:

Where was Auburn's statement or action regarding Saban's lake house being vandalized this past year by alleged Aubbie fans?

Quite simple. The guy is an ****. I, as well as others that I know, do not condone what he did.

I do not condone vandalism, whether it's a tree, somebody's lake house, or a player's lawn.

The guy's actions were petty and childish, and embarrassing to the great people who follow and support the University of Alabama.

I love the typical bama fan response of condoning it and yet some how rationalizing it at the same time "Where was Auburn's statement or action regarding Saban's lake house being vandalized this past year by alleged Aubbie fans?" Yeah some spray paint on Saban's lake house is the same as killing the Toomer's trees and calling Finebaum to brag about it.

<edited for content>

I love the typical bama fan response of condoning it and yet some how rationalizing it at the same time "Where was Auburn's statement or action regarding Saban's lake house being vandalized this past year by alleged Aubbie fans?" Yeah some spray paint on Saban's lake house is the same as killing the Toomer's trees and calling Finebaum to brag about it.

i think his only point was that neither was committed by the university, so why should either university issue a statement?

i didnt notice him really rationalizing it.

on the topic though, i do think its sad beyond the "loss of life" silliness thats going on. its sad because it is, like auburn or not, a tradition getting ruined by one guy who just couldnt stand other people having fun if he wasnt. the fact that it was an awesome work of nature being spoiled, and for what? just adds to the sadness. the OMG it was a living thing that he killed - it wasnt intelligent life. come on now. this isnt like vicks dogs, or human lives. if not for the cultural significance to the community, no one would be crying for a wasted tree life. granted its a waste, but im not buying that angle from most of you - just saying

"It is understandable to feel outrage in reaction to a malicious act of vandalism," Auburn president Jay Gogue said in a statement. "However, we should live up to the example we set in becoming national champions and the beliefs expressed in our Auburn Creed. Individuals act alone, not on behalf of anyone or any place, and all universities are vulnerable to and condemn such reprehensible acts."

Any university in this country can have a fan or supporter that goes beyond what normal people would consider reasonable," Gouge said. "I've had the chance to talk with folks at the University of Alabama. They had nothing whatsoever to do with it. I know them and they're good people. I'm sure they're disappointed."

Thanks Cynical, I dropped your name in that post for no other reason than because you are the resident Bama fan, and I was hoping to finally see/hear someone from the Tuscaloosa camp condemn these actions.

I do feel Alabama should step forward and at least SAY something. Just acknowledge the "tragedy" and that such behavior from it's fan base is unacceptable. If for no other reason than to settle the tempers right now and maybe prevent some retaliation. Acknowledge it so everyone can start moving on and returning the rivalry to just a good-natured hatred.

<edited for content>

I hope you can show me where his post showed the least bit of condonement towards what was done.

Who made you the vandalism czar? The person you're blasting stated flatly that:

You need to take some deep breaths and settle down.

Thanks Cynical, I dropped your name in that post for no other reason than because you are the resident Bama fan, and I was hoping to finally see/hear someone from the Tuscaloosa camp condemn these actions.

I do feel Alabama should step forward and at least SAY something. Just acknowledge the "tragedy" and that such behavior from it's fan base is unacceptable. If for no other reason than to settle the tempers right now and maybe prevent some retaliation. Acknowledge it so everyone can start moving on and returning the rivalry to just a good-natured hatred.

I think a 3 word statement from Alabama about this guy would be more than enough: "You're an idiot".