Auburn Tree Poisoned

papazoid

AUBURN, Ala. -- Auburn University says someone deliberately poisoned trees at Toomer's Corner, where fans have long celebrated big wins and hundreds gathered after the Tigers won the football national championship on Jan. 10.

The university said in a statement Wednesday that a herbicide commonly used to kill trees was applied "in lethal amounts" to the soil around the two trees, and that they likely can't be saved.

http://www.al.com/sports/index.ssf/2011/02/arrest_made_in_toomers_corner.html

http://sports.espn.go.com/ncaa/news/story?id=6129272

• Replies 69
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I have a lot of friends that are Auburn Alum, and they have been talking a lot about this all week. Pretty crappy thing to do. Especially when you find out it was an adult. AND this is just about him being an Alabama fan and wanting to "punish" Auburn for the National Championship. AND the fact that most Alabama supporters have been on radio shows and interviews this week saying "Well, thats what Auburn gets for winning a National Championship".

I was a Tide supporter (even though Auburn is my "favorite" in the SEC, I like all the teams really), but Im reconsidering after I see how all this is going down.

Real classless move. It would be nice to see 'Bama do something to make up for it.

Edited by DrDankenstein

I have a lot of friends that are Auburn Alum, and they have been talking a lot about this all week. Pretty crappy thing to do. Especially when you find out it was an adult. AND this is just about him being an Alabama fan and wanting to "punish" Auburn for the National Championship. AND the fact that most Alabama supporters have been on radio shows and interviews this week saying "Well, thats what Auburn gets for winning a National Championship".

I was a Tide supporter (even though Auburn is my "favorite" in the SEC, I like all the teams really), but Im reconsidering after I see how all this is going down.

Real classless move. It would be nice to see 'Bama do something to make up for it.

He poisoned the tree after the Iron bowl, that stuff takes a while to kill something that size. Non the less he's a POS for doing it.

He poisoned the tree after the Iron bowl, that stuff takes a while to kill something that size. Non the less he's a POS for doing it.

Even if it wasnt about the NC at the time, it was still over a stupid rivalry. And across all the radio shows down here this week, I have not heard one Bama fan condemn the actions, its all been "Thats what they get". Pitiful and pathetic.

It would be nice for Bama to step forward with ANY type of statement or action on this...

Where's Cynical? Im interested in his take on this.

Edited by DrDankenstein

Yeah...those were teenagers and McKelvin's grass wasn't 130 years old. Not really the same thing.

The trees! The trees! Crimes against nature!!

:rolleyes:

While it was completely retarded for this clown to do something like that, let's not all wail and gnash teeth over the untimely death of a couple of trees.

AUBURN, Ala. -- Auburn University says someone deliberately poisoned trees at Toomer's Corner, where fans have long celebrated big wins and hundreds gathered after the Tigers won the football national championship on Jan. 10.

The university said in a statement Wednesday that a herbicide commonly used to kill trees was applied "in lethal amounts" to the soil around the two trees, and that they likely can't be saved.

http://www.al.com/sports/index.ssf/2011/02/arrest_made_in_toomers_corner.html

http://sports.espn.go.com/ncaa/news/story?id=6129272

Prople are SICK!!!

While it was completely retarded for this clown to do something like that, let's not all wail and gnash teeth over the untimely death of a couple of trees.

I'd love to hear your response if it was two 150-year old trees on your family property…trees which were the gathering place for family reunions and weddings…which added beauty to their surroundings, trees which had great sentimental value, which provided oxygen for everyone, homes for birds and squirrels, acorns to feed deer and squirrels and many other animals…

It's not like he ran down a couple of saplings with his '73 Dodge…these were 150 year old oaks...

Edited by San Jose Bills Fan

Trees can never be replaced!!

It's not like they grow on....oh, oops.

Anyway, where will the future leaders of Alabama society gather after their football victories now??

Trees can never be replaced!!

It's not like they grow on....oh, oops.

Anyway, where will the future leaders of Alabama society gather after their football victories now??

Comments like this really bother me. It's not so much the trees being killed, it's the fact that people feel it's now acceptable to destroy something that doesn't belong to you. If you wanna kill trees kill the trees you actually own, not somebody else's. sick.