Righting the "wrong", so to speak!

Bflojohn

Most Bills fans decry the Donte Whitner pick, especially since Haloti Ngata was "on the board". So if the labor issue makes the draft precede the free agent signing period, should the Bills make a substancial move to sign Holoti Ngata by offering a deal Baltimore can't match, thereby getting, arguably, the best DL in the NFL, and NOT having to compensate the Ravens until the 2012 and 2013 drafts! Think about it, this draft would be untouchable, and the talent needed could now be spread out between offensive and defensive needs equally, if necessary!! Think of a line of Kyle Williams and Ngata at the DT spots with Carrington at one end and say, oh, Da'Quan Bowers at the other. LB's and CB's can be added later on in this draft! Just proposing an idea I had today! Thoughts?!?!

Note: He is the ONLY guy in free agency that might actually be worth two #1's, IMO!

Edited by Bflojohn

Ngata was tagged wasn't he?

Not sure if he is but i know this build thru the draft Boalona crap is to tell there fans what ? Secondly This Team can be turned around quicker then people think, just spend the freaking almighty dollar :) If we do get some major fire power, I might have a heart attack !

Edited by NFLBighits

He is able to negotiate with any team, it is NOT an exclusive rights tag. In response to the "pie in the sky" gang, ask Takeo Spikes about NOT wanting to come to Buffalo, stranger things have happened! Do I believe it gets done, no, but the premise is he is worthy of two first round picks in 2012 and 2013 while the Bills supplement that signing in this draft.

Most Bills fans decry the Donte Whitner pick, especially since Haloti Ngata was "on the board". So if the labor issue makes the draft precede the free agent signing period, should the Bills make a substancial move to sign Holoti Ngata by offering a deal Baltimore can't match, thereby getting, arguably, the best DL in the NFL, and NOT having to compensate the Ravens until the 2012 and 2013 drafts! Think about it, this draft would be untouchable, and the talent needed could now be spread out between offensive and defensive needs equally, if necessary!! Think of a line of Kyle Williams and Ngata at the DT spots with Carrington at one end and say, oh, Da'Quan Bowers at the other. LB's and CB's can be added later on in this draft! Just proposing an idea I had today! Thoughts?!?!

Note: He is the ONLY guy in free agency that might actually be worth two #1's, IMO!

Hey I'm in. We can't draft impact first rounders for **** anyways. I'd still think Baltimore would want more though...

FWIW we could never get Bowers if we traded for Ngata. We would most likely have to give up a 1st round pick in the trade(he was franchise tagged, so unless Baltimore were to make a deal it's exactly what it would take). Doesn't he play DE in Baltimores defense? I thought I saw that somewhere. I don't follow the Ravens much, or dwell on previously screwed up drafts, decisions, trades.

Ngata was tagged wasn't he?

Yes.

You guys and your dreams. Legitimate NFL franchises don't let players like Ngata just walk away. And even if they did, what makes you think he'd want to go to Buffalo? The Bills had their chance and decided to take an undersized DB.....again.

Money.

Not sure if he is but i know this build thru the draft Boalona crap is to tell there fans what ? Secondly This Team can be turned around quicker then people think, just spend the freaking almighty dollar :) If we do get some major fire power, I might have a heart attack !

Name one team that has gotten that much better through free agency in the past 10 years...the consistently good teams do it through the draft. There are tons of examples: Pittsburgh, New England, Indianapolis, San Diego, Atlanta, Green Bay, etc.

He is able to negotiate with any team, it is NOT an exclusive rights tag. In response to the "pie in the sky" gang, ask Takeo Spikes about NOT wanting to come to Buffalo, stranger things have happened! Do I believe it gets done, no, but the premise is he is worthy of two first round picks in 2012 and 2013 while the Bills supplement that signing in this draft.

Keep in mind that Spikes bore the Transition tag, not the Franchise tag; there's no draft pick compensation for the Transition tag.

I love the optimism....we are all the sudden a FO thats going to "outbid" one of the smartest FO's in the NFL for their best defensve player.

Nothing wrong with optimism. I hope our FA/Draft is the stuff of legends this year.

lots of room to the upside from offseasons past.

This is the same team that threw $49M at Derrick Dockery...you'll never convince me that they aren't willing to spend money on players. Coaches on the other hand...

FWIW we could never get Bowers if we traded for Ngata. We would most likely have to give up a 1st round pick in the trade(he was franchise tagged, so unless Baltimore were to make a deal it's exactly what it would take). Doesn't he play DE in Baltimores defense? I thought I saw that somewhere. I don't follow the Ravens much, or dwell on previously screwed up drafts, decisions, trades.

Bingo dude. To sign a franchise player takes two 1st round picks in exchange; why would Baltimore trade him for less than a 1st round pick plus additional compensation?

Edited by thebandit27

There's a lot of fans bashing you on here for this post. I think that's just typical of alot of Buffalo fans which is why I don't post on here much. Fans love to be negative and most have very little knowledge of the game and how things in the front office work. I personally don't think we'll throw the bank at this guy only because we have several other pieces to fill and we may need one of those first round picks for a future QB if Fitzy doesn't pan out. I do think though that it isn't imaginable because he is the premier defensive lineman to put in the middle of a defense. He's a flat out stud and would improve our team drastically. If we decide to draft a QB with our 3rd pick then maybe they attempt this deal. I think most NFL agents and players see Buffalo as a team on the rise and not a team on decline. Therefore it's possible with the right money in place that Haloti might come here and play with his buddy Dwan.

Yes.

Money.

Name one team that has gotten that much better through free agency in the past 10 years...the consistently good teams do it through the draft. There are tons of examples: Pittsburgh, New England, Indianapolis, San Diego, Atlanta, Green Bay, etc.

Keep in mind that Spikes bore the Transition tag, not the Franchise tag; there's no draft pick compensation for the Transition tag.

This is the same team that threw $49M at Derrick Dockery...you'll never convince me that they aren't willing to spend money on players. Coaches on the other hand...

Bingo dude. To sign a franchise player takes two 1st round picks in exchange; why would Baltimore trade him for less than a 1st round pick plus additional compensation?

FA is after the draft. Compensation would be in 2012, 2013 picks. That said, I'd take Quinn over bowers in that situation. With ngata and our own Suggs type player we would be a legit multiple look defense like the ravens. We could easily go offensive line at 2. Only problem, unless we take qb at three, it'll be years before we get that guy unless we get lucky in the mid second round or free agency.

As for ngatas position- he is typically DE but has lined up at every position. Could be an every down NT. Btw, every position, not just on the line. Baltimore has put him at LB many times, and as a gimmick they have lined him up at safety. Biiig, and athletic guy.

Rush-

Edwards/carrington-- Williams--- ngata

Stout

Williams -- troup-- ngata

As if the Ravens and 30 other teams wouldn't be lining up to throw money at him? Like I said you guys and your dreams.

While I appreciate your condescension, I'd be willing to bet that Ngata would come to Buffalo if it were his best offer...that's hardly "dreaming". In fact, it's more commonly referred to as "reason".

While I appreciate your condescension, I'd be willing to bet that Ngata would come to Buffalo if it were his best offer...that's hardly "dreaming". In fact, it's more commonly referred to as "reason".

That'd have to be A LOT of money. Guys that go to the out of the ballpark bidder tend to be poor value for desperate teams. I don't think that's an unrealistic concern.

Even RW doesnt have enough cash to fix all the 'wrongs' he and his front office have made.

Yes.

Money.

This

It's not reason to imagine a scenario that is absurd. Buffalo being the highest offer given to Ngata is an absurd scenario. Even in the unlikely event Ralph opened the checkbook it would have to be an over the top larger offer to interest him enough to leave a playoff team to go to the team with the third pick in the draft.