Ran into Aaron Maybin last night

Estelle Getty

He has physical athleticism.

He doesn't know how to use it.

If he can be coached up, sure he could be good.

But it appears he cannot be, so I'm going to have to say.... nope.

This talk of athleticism is nonsense. He is the size of a tall safety. If George Wilson played outside linebacker, he's look damn athletic too flying around there with much larger bodies.

The team gambled that he could reliably gain 25-35 pounds on his frame. He couldn't and now it's over.

This talk of athleticism is nonsense. He is the size of a tall safety. If George Wilson played outside linebacker, he's look damn athletic too flying around there with much larger bodies.

The team gambled that he could reliably gain 25-35 pounds on his frame. He couldn't and now it's over.

The difference is george wilson can actually play football

You sure do ask a lot of question 'round here. :nana:

In what regards? Physically, Maybin has the tools, the body is a little small and light, but it is there. Mentally, it is hard to say because we have seen so little. He seems to be maturing, he seems to be "getting it". However, from reports, he does not understand football. His skill set is average, at best, with his room for improvement seemingly tapped. He played to his highest potential in college, it would appear and has nothing more to improve upon.

In short, his limitted football intelligence, his lack of progression to transition in the NFL, and his shortcomings improving his physical size have to make me believe that there is not much hope for Maybin. I truly hope I am wrong, I never want to count anyone out and maybe this kid will show us something...then again...Maybinot.

:bag: Premier??? He may have the tools to become an average player if he ever applies himself but after watching him disappear for two years and not even make a play on Special Teams ... I cannot imagine him ever becoming a regular you can count on.

In my mind he has one more preseason to prove his abilities otherwise he'll ride the bench into obscurity.

This post can't be serious.

Maybin does not have what it takes to get a decent haircut.

:wallbash:

:bag: Premier??? He may have the tools to become an average player if he ever applies himself but after watching him disappear for two years and not even make a play on Special Teams ... I cannot imagine him ever becoming a regular you can count on.

In my mind he has one more preseason to prove his abilities otherwise he'll ride the bench into obscurity.

Bench?

You mean CUT into obscurity, right?

Edited by Red

Hard to truly know until he grows up and starts listening to his coaches. Remember, HE ONLY PLAYED 12 GAMES AT PENN STATE. He was very green when drafted.

Physically what I do like is his speed in a straight line.

Physically what I don't like is when he over pursues, he has a hard time recovering and getting back into the play.

Technique-wise what I don't like is how wide he casts his arms in pursuit. I think this is why he's a poor tackler.

Maturity-wise he's a disaster, starting his own website and self proclaiming himself "Mayhem" before he did a darn thing in the NFL. I also doubt he can add enough weight to play DE, and therefore he must make it as an LB.

Let's hope the wake up call he got from the coaching staff this year is reflected in hard work and maturation this offseason. Be a huge an unexpected benefit if he can contribute at OLB.

But I'm certainly not counting on it.