Phil Taylor

Does anybody think that Buddy and Chan are going to be making a call to Phil Taylor on day two of the Draft? He seems like a solid choice, I know we already have Williams and Troup but, why not grab this space eater after the dreadful rushing defense this past season? 6'4 over 330 pounds, played at the senior bowl and faired well. Any thoughts?

Does anybody think that Buddy and Chan are going to be making a call to Phil Taylor on day two of the Draft? He seems like a solid choice, I know we already have Williams and Troup but, why not grab this space eater after the dreadful rushing defense this past season? 6'4 over 330 pounds, played at the senior bowl and faired well. Any thoughts?

If he is there they will but I got a feeling he will move up into the first after the combine and pro day workout. Guy is a freak of nature to be that big but lean, it's funny this guy wasn't even in the rankings a few months ago and I said he would be flying up the boards because of his size and abilities.

I would love it having Troupe and Taylor in a rotation and moving KW to DE but it wont happen unless we trade back up into round one.

I don't think they take him, he has conditioning concerns which they have shown matters to them quite a bit (Troupe over Cody). There are also character concerns:

After sitting out the 2008 season transferring from Happy Valley to Waco, Taylor didn't exactly light up the world in his nine starts (25 tackles, 2.5 for los, 0.5 sack, interception, two blocked kicks).

Taylor's transfer was forced by suspension, then eventual dismissal, from the Penn State football team several months after his alleged role in a fight during a fraternity function at the student union. If scouts are willing to put that incident in the past, Taylor's excellent strength and mobility for his size, and the need for dominant 3-4 nose tackles, should push his draft stock high.

http://www.cbssports.com/nfl/draft/players/1117626

Taylor is my #1 choice for our 2nd rounder. Althought I really doubt he lasts that long, he is much better than that other guy from last year from Tenn went to Ariz I believe – can’t remember his name but he stunk. I also read during the Sr bowl that some teams thought he could play 34 DE. I can see this guy on the Pats.

I wasn’t very impressed with Troupe this year, so I have little confidence being that stud NG I would like to see. I would also like to see KW move to DE and be more of the force he has shown he can be in our 4-3 alignment. I also think a team needs two good NGs, because I don’t care what kind of shape you are in, if you weigh 330+ you are not a 3 down player for 4 quarter.

If not for Taylor, I am thinking Sherrod may last, or even Martez Wilson. There is always Rudolf or Stocker too. Heck even Shepperd

Our 2nd round pick should net a Day 1 starter. If it doesn’t, epic fail.

Edited by Thoner7

If he is there they will but I got a feeling he will move up into the first after the combine and pro day workout. Guy is a freak of nature to be that big but lean, it's funny this guy wasn't even in the rankings a few months ago and I said he would be flying up the boards because of his size and abilities.

+1 I keep seeing hopeful Bills fans mock him to us in the 2nd but guys he is going to be long gone by then.

Buddy's already said they are going to add to the defensive line. Who, or how they do it, he didn't say.

I don't know about Taylor. Maybe, maybe some other NT. But, I'll assure everyone, here and now... no 330-360 lb. fat slob in the middle to eat space, then you can expect several more 200 yd. rushing games by the opponent.

If the Bills are serious about the 3-4, they'll start at NT... which they should have done last year.

Taylor is my #1 choice for our 2nd rounder. Althought I really doubt he lasts that long, he is much better than that other guy from last year from Tenn went to Ariz I believe – can’t remember his name but he stunk. I also read during the Sr bowl that some teams thought he could play 34 DE. I can see this guy on the Pats.

I wasn’t very impressed with Troupe this year, so I have little confidence being that stud NG I would like to see. I would also like to see KW move to DE and be more of the force he has shown he can be in our 4-3 alignment. I also think a team needs two good NGs, because I don’t care what kind of shape you are in, if you weigh 330+ you are not a 3 down player for 4 quarter.

If not for Taylor, I am thinking Sherrod may last, or even Martez Wilson. There is always Rudolf or Stocker too. Heck even Shepperd

Our 2nd round pick should net a Day 1 starter. If it doesn’t, epic fail.

I would really like him in the 2nd too. Here's to hoping Chan and the staff got a good feeling for him and his possible character concerns @ the Senior Bowl. Nothing wrong with Shepperd in the 2nd either if they think he's their guy. BPA at 1, Shepperd in 2, and trading back into the 2nd for the best possible OT would make me very happy.

I don't know a thing about this guy but given our run defense we need to load up and improve our talent on DL and LB. They need to bring in better players.

Now we have Williams and Troup, why not make DL an area of strenght? We have not had a really dominant DL since the mid 60's. That is sad.