How much?

Bills99999

You don't look 6'7" 330 in that picture........Or else NHL goalies have so much equipment now that they all look 330 and therefore you would, too.

Trust me. I'm 6-7 330 in that pic. I just played a double-header last night and my back is killing me now. FYI I'm also 52.

PTR

Edited by PromoTheRobot

• Replies 152
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I think you will also find that the average man in the Carolinas is not only short, but he is most likely married to a close relative, illiterate, and a convicted felon

Check out these "folks"

youtube.com/watch?v=BaxECcTjCuw

That is definately a East Tennessee, or Southern / Eastern Kentucky accent.

5'8" currently stuck between 219-225. Heaviest was last year at 237. Best I ever did trying to lose was the summer of 2003. I was about 225 in March, starting in April I was doing Atkins and riding my bike every other day. Eventually got up to doing 20 miles every time I went out. By the end of summer I was down to 175, which I know I hadn't been that light since going to college. But then Halloween came, then Thanksgiving, Christmas. By the following spring I was back up to 200. And that spring it rained, alot. I couldn't get back in the habit of riding since I don't like riding in the rain.

5'8" currently stuck between 219-225. Heaviest was last year at 237. Best I ever did trying to lose was the summer of 2003. I was about 225 in March, starting in April I was doing Atkins and riding my bike every other day. Eventually got up to doing 20 miles every time I went out. By the end of summer I was down to 175, which I know I hadn't been that light since going to college. But then Halloween came, then Thanksgiving, Christmas. By the following spring I was back up to 200. And that spring it rained, alot. I couldn't get back in the habit of riding since I don't like riding in the rain.

My wife and I were riding the back roads of Sonoma wine tasting this weekend and we were amazed at all the fat people riding bikes. They had all the spandex gear, legs the size if tree trunks but guts that rested on the handle bars. Hard to believe that people that got that much exercise were still fat asses.

5'9" So yeah, I'm a shorty. Nothing I can do about that but I'm 100% responsible for my weight.

Same here at 5'9". I've topped out at 170 and my current weight is somewhere between 160-165.

I feel bad for him when i look in the mirror and realize i am the same size as roscoe parrish.

Edited by Ramius

They had all the spandex gear, legs the size if tree trunks but guts that rested on the handle bars. Hard to believe that people that got that much exercise were still fat asses.

I'd see the local bike club out sometimes when I was riding. They'd all be bunched up in a group hogging the road with their spandex and hundreds of $$$ bikes. And there's me, passing them with shorts, t-shirt, no helemt, and a $100 KMart 18-speed Schwin.

Bills9999, can you play NT ?

Seriously, I am 5-11 and most I have weighed is ~ 204 lb. I started working out when I was 196 and dropped to my now stable weight of 186 lb but have lost 4 inches off my waist and added muscle. So it is a good 186 as opposed to the flabby 196. Could lose more around the gut but boy those inches go slow....

Edited by Fan in Chicago

Bills9999, can you play NT ?

Seriously, I am 5-11 and most I have weighed is ~ 204 lb. I started working out when I was 196 and dropped to my now stable weight of 186 lb but have lost 4 inches off my waist and added muscle. So it is a good 186 as opposed to the flabby 196. Could lose more around the gut but boy those inches go slow....

I look at the huge guts on some of these Ted Washingtonesque DTs and NTs and I think they kind of look like me. Besides about 30 years in age, there is a BIG difference between me and these guys...They are amazing athletes. Even when I was in my best shape in HS at a weight of 215, I only ran a 5.7 40

currently 6 foot 245 trying to drop down to 195-200. My heaviest was 322. Did the South Beach diet to drop the first 50lbs. Than lost the rest over a long period of trying to adjust my diet. Considering doing it again to drop the weight. I got really lazy after highschool refuse to let myself get that heavy again

If anyone here wants to consider losing weight look for a CrossFit in your area and join it. It is intimidating as hell but it is worth it, and it is, by no stretch of the immagination, the only successful workout I have seen.

Just google CrossFit. I know there is one in Charlotte, San Fran, Denver, I am fairly certain one is in the WNY area, and they are all over.

Edited by jboyst62

5'-10", currently 180# ... Highest was 225#.

Had some back problems 1.5 years ago that finally convinced me to do something about it, so I dropped 45 pounds in 13 weeks last winter. Held it off for 6 months, then put half of it back on, but I dropped that again in the last month. Still want to drop another 10 to 15.

Those are very close to my numbers as far as where I am - record high of 230 and I'm 6'0" and where I'd like to get to. I used to be 180 or so until I got old!

How'd you do it?

MediFast ... Not the most pleasant experience, but it works and gets the weight off fast.

I'm off it now, and am using Livestrong.com to track calories and exercise to get the last 10-15 pounds off.