RIP Guitar Hero

/dev/null

I was a freshman in college when the original guitar hero came out and was all the rage. I'm not much of a video game guy and never got into it myself, but my roommate had it and would stay up till 3 or 4 am playing it almost every night. I'm not sure how he ever made it to his 8am classes.

I was a freshman in college when the original guitar hero came out and was all the rage. I'm not much of a video game guy and never got into it myself, but my roommate had it and would stay up till 3 or 4 am playing it almost every night. I'm not sure how he ever made it to his 8am classes.

What a coincidence…I was a freshman in college when the electric guitar was invented

A guy tosses an accordian and a banjo over the American Falls. Which one hit bottom first?

Answer: Who cares! :devil:

Isn't that spelled "accordeen" ?

i am a little curious about the rock band 3 pro guitar that has 6 strings and buttons on every fret. in pro mode, rather than dropping colored 'notes' it (basically) emulates tablature - so you can actually learn real guitar.

I'll bet trying to learn to play a guitar on that thing is like trying to learn how to play a piano by practicing a player piano...It ain't gonna work

I am the best guitar player in my garage. One of the three songs I know how to play is Cream's "Sunshine of Your Love". I tried to play it on somebody's Guitar Hero one time and I did lousy on it. I never picked up that toy again.

By the way, I also know how to play "Wild Thing", "Can't You See" "Sweet Home Alabama". Whatdaya think about THAT?

Edited by Bills99999

When my wife turned 50 she wanted to take up an instrument. She was thinking bagpipes (yes bagpipes) or violin. Thank god the violin won.

OK, going off thread but a similar thing happened to my wife and she decided to try the violin about 14 months ago. She prectices nearly every night and has improved greatly (thankfully). The violin (fiddle for my wife) is a difficult instrument. How's your wife doing with it?

OK, going off thread but a similar thing happened to my wife and she decided to try the violin about 14 months ago. She prectices nearly every night and has improved greatly (thankfully). The violin (fiddle for my wife) is a difficult instrument. How's your wife doing with it?

She's been at it six years. She's taken all sorts of private lessions, joined the community symphony and has gotten pretty good. She does get frustrated with it sometimes but she still plays at least 5 times a week. I'm proud of her because as you mentioned it's a hard instrument. Funny story when she first started she'd go to recitals and she was the only adult there. I was sitting in the audience and a women leans over and asks which child was mine. "The tall one." :lol:

That is what you call (your roomate)... Wait for it, wait for it...

A "Guitard hero."

Vank you, vank you... I will be here all week... Try the veal!

Boooo bad joke I know...:bag:

Glockenspiel Hero

Please don't get DC Tom started... You understand the power of the 'spiel!

Bagpipe Hero

Now that would be pretty cool! Does it come with the free kilt and Tam o’ Shanter? :D