Bring on the heat!

dayman

Ok I'm interested to hear what hot sauces you guys are into. Both regular hot sauce, and wing sauce, and barbecue sauce. Whatever it may be.

I love hot sauce and fancy myself a bit of a warrior when it comes to taking down the hottest of the hot. :thumbsup: However this stuff I recently tried humbled me. And it was actually great tasting stuff!

MDGhost.jpg

I mixed it in with some gumbo, it tasted great. I knew it was hot but I guzzled it down anyway. :oops: The heat built and built and right about the time I finished I realized I was in some real trouble. Never has my mouth been such a strange combination of numb and hell-fire. Basically my entire mouth/lower face was hurting...my entire tongue was tingling with pain. Eventually it passed, but I have to say this Mad Dog Ghost Pepper hot sauce is damn hot. And damn good.

9/10 IMO. A bit too hot so that's why I won't give it a 10 but it has a great taste to it something some hot sauces can't say.

Edited by dayman

Ok I'm interested to hear what hot sauces you guys are into. Both regular hot sauce, and wing sauce, and barbecue sauce. Whatever it may be.

I love hot sauce and fancy myself a bit of a warrior when it comes to taking down the hottest of the hot. :thumbsup: However this stuff I recently tried humbled me. And it was actually great tasting stuff!

MDGhost.jpg

I mixed it in with some gumbo, it tasted great. I knew it was hot but I guzzled it down anyway. :oops: The heat built and built and right about the time I finished I realized I was in some real trouble. Never has my mouth been such a strange combination of numb and hell-fire. Eventually it passed, but I have to say this Mad Dog Ghost Pepper hot sauce is damn hot. And damn good.

9/10 IMO. A bit too hot so that's why I won't give it a 10 but it has a great taste to it something some hot sauces can't say.

I've always been fond of the old standbys - Frank's Original and Tabasco original red sauce. Recently tried this stuff, which was hotter than the standbys but also had good flavor. Won't ever put me off Frank's, though ;)

I'm a Franks guy, too. I'm so thankful that you can get that at my local store down here in ATL...

My thing with hot sauce is that if it's heat for the sake of heat, it's crap. My palette loves some fire, but if you don't have the FLAVOR to go with it, then it's crap. Flavor + heat = tasty goodness. And Frank's has both components in spades.

I'm a Franks guy, too. I'm so thankful that you can get that at my local store down here in ATL...

My thing with hot sauce is that if it's heat for the sake of heat, it's crap. My palette loves some fire, but if you don't have the FLAVOR to go with it, then it's crap. Flavor + heat = tasty goodness. And Frank's has both components in spades.

Agree, it should enhance what you're eating, not overpower it.

Agree, it should enhance what you're eating, not overpower it.

Damn right. And when that's the case, the hotter the better, as far as I'm concerned.

I agree with this 100%. I used to go for the challenge of eating the hottest stuff out there, but it's just not worth it anymore. Give me that balance of spice and flavor and I'm happy.

I will never understand watching shows like Man vs. Food where you see the challenges that require the person to wear rubber gloves. If the stuff is so hot that it can burn your hands, why in the hell would you ingest it? Ok, maybe if you want to go on some spiritual journey where a talking space coyote tells you to find your soulmate, but that's it.

Edited by shrader

I agree with this 100%. I used to go for the challenge of eating the hottest stuff out there, but it's just not worth it anymore. Give me that balance of spice and flavor and I'm happy.

I will never understand watching shows like Man vs. Food where you see the challenges that require the person to wear rubber gloves. If the stuff is so hot that it can burn your hands, why in the hell would you ingest it? Ok, maybe if you want to go on some spiritual journey where a talking space coyote tells you to find your soulmate, but that's it.

Holy CRAP, what the heck was the dude eating?? lol I've only seen a few episodes of that show, but that's some very intense food. Last time I watched, he was at some small burger joint where they served the "cardiac burger" or soemthing like that. It was deep fried in lard, loaded with tons of cheese, etc....there is some pretty crazy stuff out there.

Holy CRAP, what the heck was the dude eating?? lol I've only seen a few episodes of that show, but that's some very intense food. Last time I watched, he was at some small burger joint where they served the "cardiac burger" or soemthing like that. It was deep fried in lard, loaded with tons of cheese, etc....there is some pretty crazy stuff out there.

Trust me, if you're going to be handling extremely hot chilis you want to wear gloves. Here's an experiment. Chop up a bunch of habaneros barehanded and to take a leak. You'll never do it again without cloves.

I'm going in a different direction here because everyone will go with tobassco, franks, etc, etc. But I love this stuff

Edited by Chef Jim

Trust me, if you're going to be handling extremely hot chilis you want to wear gloves. Here's an experiment. Chop up a bunch of habaneros barehanded and to take a leak. You'll never do it again without cloves.

I'm going in a different direction here because everyone will go with tobassco, franks, etc, etc. But I love this stuff

LOL, I'll take your word for the taking a leak thing :lol:

That stuff you linked to sounds delicious...

In a similar vein: Good Stuff!.

Edited by Doc

Word of waring. It's loaded with garlic so stay away from friends, co-workers, family or anyone who remotely likes you. So as for posting here? No worries. :D

lol, duly noted!