The NFL was lucky on 2 fronts

jumbalaya

1. They did not have to present the MVP trophy to a rapist.

2. They had a good game so you did not mind the worst halftime performance ever. What a joke.

Did anyone else notice Jimmy Johnson's mouth after the game. He mumbled something or other about Starks running for 50 then when Gap Tooth was talking Johnson's mouth kept opening and closing like a puppet.

2. They had a good game so you did not mind the worst halftime performance ever. What a joke.

Did anyone else notice Jimmy Johnson's mouth after the game. He mumbled something or other about Starks running for 50 then when Gap Tooth was talking Johnson's mouth kept opening and closing like a puppet.

So true!

Why they even waste loads of money on big "name" acts is beyond me. People are either going to watch the halftime show or not very few times do people tune in to see the acts they have.

If you put an indy rock band on the half time show would the ratings be effected in any meaningful capacity? If the Gaslight Anthem played the half time show (A great but unknown band) wouldn't the same amount of people watch?

Why they even waste loads of money on big "name" acts is beyond me. People are either going to watch the halftime show or not very few times do people tune in to see the acts they have.

If you put an indy rock band on the half time show would the ratings be effected in any meaningful capacity? If the Gaslight Anthem played the half time show (A great but unknown band) wouldn't the same amount of people watch?

You've got the single biggest sporting event and television event of the year, with 100's of millions of people all over the wold watching and you're gonna get a never heard of, no nothing band? I think not.

The half time show isn't for the die hard football fans, its for the millions of other people out there watching. So, like it or not... it's big acts, half of which will suck.

Out of touch. Who got convicted of rape? Sorry for such a dumb question, but I missed it.

Out of touch. Who got convicted of rape? Sorry for such a dumb question, but I missed it.

Where is it written that you must be convicted to be guilty? So you think OJ isn't guilty of double homicide? Jack the Ripper isn't guilty of murder? How much money do you think Ben's two victims got? Notice how silent they are now. Wake up dude. If it smells like a turd it is a turd.

Where is it written that you must be convicted to be guilty? So you think OJ isn't guilty of double homicide? Jack the Ripper isn't guilty of murder? How much money do you think Ben's two victims got? Notice how silent they are now. Wake up dude. If it smells like a turd it is a turd.

^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^

He's American and he votes!!

:rolleyes::wallbash:

Actually, his first "victim" is in the process of suing him. Her suit has gone nowhere and is on hold while a judge decides whether to dismiss. You should read a bit about that "case" before you make more stupid comments.

There was strong evidence to convict OJ. The jury ignored it all. Jack the Ripper?

You post smells like the thoughts of a nut job........

I agree. The halftime show was abysmal. They need to get acts that perform well LIVE. I literally LOL'ed when I saw Slash and the completey arbitrary and unnecessary GnR song. What a mess.

I wrote this earlier on a friends Facebook comment...

A friend of mine commented "That was the worst Halftime Show I've ever seen, and I remember when Up With The People did the Halftime Show...so that's REALLY saying something."

I thought that was pretty funny... B-)

Great Band! Love all the indie artists lately!

You should have read more than the headline...but that's the American Way!!!

You're on a real roll here, in your fantasy, and I hate to cloud your argument with facts, but did you know that the girl Ben "raped" was given the same test that put Tyson away, and it showed that the sex was consensual? Did you know that she followed him around town all night, to like 5 different bars?

Of course you didn't know that, and you don't care. It removes the sensationalism from your argument, which is all that matters.

It might smell like a turd, but you look like an !@#$.

I thought it was the most entertaining half time performance ever. I've never once seen a halftime performance that wasn't cheezy and so totally out of place that it entirely defeated the purpose of live music. The band always ends up looking like a bunch of dbags, especially old fart rockers with 15 year old volunteers hopping around a makeshift stage in the middle of a field about a half mile away from the paying audience.

It's about choreography and visual appeal, and the halftime show had that. Listening to Fergie try to sing was funny(entertaining) as well.

^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^

He's American and he votes!!

:rolleyes::wallbash:

So being American is about getting away with whatever you can? Raping some chick and getting away free without even public scorn is what America is all about?

Are you stoned again? Because it sounds like you're stoned again.

Actually, his first "victim" is in the process of suing him. Her suit has gone nowhere and is on hold while a judge decides whether to dismiss. You should read a bit about that "case" before you make more stupid comments.

There was strong evidence to convict OJ. The jury ignored it all. Jack the Ripper?

You post smells like the thoughts of a nut job........

Actually you are talking about the second KNOWN victim. The first is from LA and did not want to charge or sue due to fear of having her name dragged through the mud by sports sycophants. The second KNOWN victim may have her case thrown out as you stated. The third KNOWN victim is receiving the treatment that the first KNOWN victim feared. Go Ben Go.