Did Any One Here What I Think I Heard ??

T master

During the pregame show when they were interviewing Jimmy Johnson in one part i'm sure i heard him say that ,

while he was watching the Bills practice from his room he noticed that Jim Kelly & Thurman Thomas were practicing the shovel pass & they hadn't used it all year so they (Dallas) practiced against the shovel pass in their practice .

I thought the practices were closed ?? especially to the opposing team ??? If this really did happen (which it's to late to do anything about it) that would suck !!! because as he was taking about it they showed a shovel pass attempt from Kelly to Thomas that was broken up !!

Just wondering if any one else heard that or if i was hearing things just wishing the Bills would have won one !!!

During the pregame show when they were interviewing Jimmy Johnson in one part i'm sure i heard him say that ,

while he was watching the Bills practice from his room he noticed that Jim Kelly & Thurman Thomas were practicing the shovel pass & they hadn't used it all year so they (Dallas) practiced against the shovel pass in their practice .

I thought the practices were closed ?? especially to the opposing team ??? If this really did happen (which it's to late to do anything about it) that would suck !!! because as he was taking about it they showed a shovel pass attempt from Kelly to Thomas that was broken up !!

Just wondering if any one else heard that or if i was hearing things just wishing the Bills would have won one !!!

Gee, really? :doh:

Wow, this is almost as good a thread topic as "Deion Sanders SUKKSSS!!!!111"

I remember hearing that a couple years or more ago. What it was, was Jimmy was watching some sports reporter, or news person and in the background they were practicing that play. So since then, yes, practices may be closed, or at least reporters are not allowed to do broadcasts from practice sessions.

I remember hearing that a couple years or more ago. What it was, was Jimmy was watching some sports reporter, or news person and in the background they were practicing that play. So since then, yes, practices may be closed, or at least reporters are not allowed to do broadcasts from practice sessions.

I remember seeing that report too. I saw Kelly with the shovel pass to Kenny Davis I think. I remember saying to myself "shovel pass?? Are you effing kidding me?"

I remember during one of the Bills-Cowboys superbowls there were rumors that the Cowboys were spying on the Bills' closed practices. Guess they were true and Jimmy Johnson was a "Billicheat" before his time.

I didn't HEAR what you heard, but this stuff shouldn't surprise anyone anymore.

We have to realize that this spy-type stuff happens all over the NFL. The guys who are good at it just don't get caught.

He said that after his practice, he was going back to his room and "I saw Jim Kelly practicing a shuffle (sic) pass.....and we started practicing agianst it".

No details as to where he saw him doing this or how. Then they ran a clip of the Cowboys blowing up the "shuffle pass" in the SB.

I think JJ made this story up because he's fishing buddies with Bellichick.

Bills were overmatched vs. Cowboys in both games. We weren't winning either of those games, shovel pass or no shovel pass. We just barely hung in there until the dam broke in both games. Our baby 3-4 defense was no match for the O Lines of the NFC East back then.

they actually showed this on espn and I remember thinking, did they just show the bills practicing and did I just see them practicing the shovel pass....that was Marvs big gameplan for that super bowl, the shovel pass

Marv playing for the FG at the end of the first half was weak then Thurmans fumble just ended the game

I remember during one of the Bills-Cowboys superbowls there were rumors that the Cowboys were spying on the Bills' closed practices. Guess they were true and Jimmy Johnson was a "Billicheat" before his time.

What Belicheat did was cheating, if what other people are saying and Johnson saw it on ESPN, that surely isn't cheating. If it is anyone's fault it is the NFL's for letting them broadcast from practice or even the Bills for practicing their "Secret Weapon" while ESPN was broadcasting right next to them. Don't get me wrong, I can't stand those Cowboys (for obvisous reasons), but it certainly wasn't cheating if those ESPN facts are correct.

For all we know pig-faced Satan had spies watching the Bills practice, then came up with the cockamamie "saw-it-on-TV" story to cover his pig-tailed-ass. I'm sure teams cheated way before Billy Belicheat got caught.

PTR

You know what has been said for years "It is only cheating if you get caught."

What Belicheat did was cheating, if what other people are saying and Johnson saw it on ESPN, that surely isn't cheating. If it is anyone's fault it is the NFL's for letting them broadcast from practice or even the Bills for practicing their "Secret Weapon" while ESPN was broadcasting right next to them. Don't get me wrong, I can't stand those Cowboys (for obvisous reasons), but it certainly wasn't cheating if those ESPN facts are correct.

Wasn't there a recent story (during the playoffs, I think) where one of the ESPN reporters slipped out some practice details during their public report?

If the reporters are allowed into the practice, I would think there's some sort of oath/agreement between the teams and the network(s) that they can't divulge any details of that practice.

I know the game announcers meet with the players & coaches every week and they usually talk about what the teams' game plan is, but not until during the game.

For all we know pig-faced Satan had spies watching the Bills practice, then came up with the cockamamie "saw-it-on-TV" story to cover his pig-tailed-ass. I'm sure teams cheated way before Billy Belicheat got caught.

PTR

Yeah---spies!!

These walk throughs aren't really closed, you know. They routinely have friends and family present.

Actually, it was the Steelers players who told th press about the trick plays. Guess the reporter wansn't suppose d to talk about that conversation for some reason.

If you players are dumb enough to tell your secrets to a reporter, I don't see how the reporter is is bound to keep such "secrets".

If these coaches were really worried about people knowing their plays before the SB, they would allow 400 family members, friends, entourages, etc to witness their walk thoughs. It's all posturing.