Did Any One Here What I Think I Heard ??

T master

Actually, it was the Steelers players who told th press about the trick plays. Guess the reporter wansn't suppose d to talk about that conversation for some reason.

If you players are dumb enough to tell your secrets to a reporter, I don't see how the reporter is is bound to keep such "secrets".

If these coaches were really worried about people knowing their plays before the SB, they would allow 400 family members, friends, entourages, etc to witness their walk thoughs. It's all posturing.

I think there's a difference in the plays run at a more open practice. I dont think the saints practiced the onside kick with everyone present. The reporters are absolutely not supposed to share things like that. They get brought into the loop on a lot of little secrets and then when the play is run they are allowed to say "yea they had been practicing that all week..." And be prepared to have an informed discussion about why they targeted that defense, whether it generally worked out, maybe even have randel els career stats prepped. They are absolutely privy to things that the other teams coaching staff isn't supposed to be.

Edited by NoSaint

Yes, if only the Bills had the shovel pass at their disposal, they would have won those two Super Bowls. It's widely known that Charles Haley, as great as he was, was rendered powerless by the shovel pass. I'm glad someone else has finally joined my struggle to bring the truth to light.

I think there's a difference in the plays run at a more open practice. I dont think the saints practiced the onside kick with everyone present. The reporters are absolutely not supposed to share things like that. They get brought into the loop on a lot of little secrets and then when the play is run they are allowed to say "yea they had been practicing that all week..." And be prepared to have an informed discussion about why they targeted that defense, whether it generally worked out, maybe even have randel els career stats prepped. They are absolutely privy to things that the other teams coaching staff isn't supposed to be.

Onsides get practiced routinely, I would think. That doesn't alert the world you are going to open the half with it. No announcer or print media person I recall reported or even hinted that he knew that was coming. I'll read your link though.

So, do you think the HC's share their "secret" or trick plays with the press? No? Why not? Do they prefer their players to leak this info? I be the answer is no.