Sharia Law

3rdnlng

Religion !@#$ing Sucks

Six minutes? You're slippin' Gene ole boy.

I was actually thinking of the Mormons, but now that you mention it, don't the Catholic priests rape kids too?

So do football players but you still watch football don't you?

Edited by Chef Jim

• Replies 52
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Does hating religion make you a bigot or does hating religion make you a hero among the long haired, hemp wearing, hacky sack playing, Cafe au Lait drinking, Subaru driving, seed eating sandal walkers.

If someone hates religion in the woods, does anyone give a ****?

Be honest...you couldn't possibly care less whether Gene hates religion or not. What bothers you is that he's so !@#$ing evangelical about it.

If someone hates religion in the woods, does anyone give a ****?

Be honest...you couldn't possibly care less whether Gene hates religion or not. What bothers you is that he's so !@#$ing evangelical about it.

You must be wearing x-ray glasses cause you saw right through me.

Well, now that you said that I am a bit concerned about your soul. Have you made things right with Jesus Tom?

No, but the Flying Spaghetti Monster and I are on good terms...

But really...thank you for demonstrating my point. Nowhere did I say anything about God... :wallbash:

In the absence of organized religion, what would give these PEOPLE the authority to "enable" pedophilia?

I dont know, maybe being a boyscout leader, little boys soccer coach, school teacher? There are all sorts of avenues of where a pedophile can do what he does. No matter how you slice it and dice it, you're argument falls flat.

No, but the Flying Spaghetti Monster and I are on good terms...

But really...thank you for demonstrating my point. Nowhere did I say anything about God... :wallbash:

Neither did I, but now you have equated Jesus with God by assuming that when I said Jesus I meant God and Jesus as one. Odds are you where brought up Christian, which is really no stretch because most Americans are. See I do care, so Tom the point must be on your head than.

Edited by whateverdude

Neither did I, but now you have equated Jesus with God by assuming that when I said Jesus I meant God and Jesus as one. Odds are you where brought up Christian, which is really no stretch because most Americans are. See I do care, so Tom the point must be on your head than.

I assumed that when you said Jesus you meant God, because otherwise your post was meaningless: why would you want me to be okay with Jesus otherwise? The alternative would be that you want me to be okay with the Christian religion absent God, which makes absolutely no sense.

So it really wasn't much of an assumption: either you did equate Jesus and God, in which case the post quoted above is meaningless...or you didn't, in which case your previous post is meaningless.

I assumed that when you said Jesus you meant God, because otherwise your post was meaningless: why would you want me to be okay with Jesus otherwise? The alternative would be that you want me to be okay with the Christian religion absent God, which makes absolutely no sense.

So it really wasn't much of an assumption: either you did equate Jesus and God, in which case the post quoted above is meaningless...or you didn't, in which case your previous post is meaningless.

I did not equate Jesus with god, I simply ask a question. Whether the question is meaningless (without use, value, worth) depends on your perspective. I found the question to be very useful. Seventy percent of the worlds populations belief systems are comprised of Islam, Hinduism, primal-indigenous, Chinese traditional, Buddhism, Sikhism, Judaism, and nonreligious whom do not believe that Jesus is synonymous with god. Based on the answer I received from you I can reasonably rule these out of your religious identity of origin. You could have simply said "I do not believe in the divinity of Christ". You have either assumed I am Christian. You are a Christian, were a Christian or Christianity has influence in your thinking.

Edited by whateverdude

I did not equate Jesus with god, I simply ask a question. Whether the question is meaningless (without use, value, worth) depends on your perspective. I found the question to be very useful. Seventy percent of the worlds populations belief systems are comprised of Islam, Hinduism, primal-indigenous, Chinese traditional, Buddhism, Sikhism, Judaism, and nonreligious whom do not believe that Jesus is synonymous with god. Based on the answer I received from you I can reasonably rule these out of your religious identity of origin. You could have simply said "I do not believe in the divinity of Christ". You have either assumed I am Christian. You are a Christian, were a Christian or Christianity has influence in your thinking.

Except that if YOU weren't explicitly equating Jesus with God, then why would I even have to "make things right" with him?

You made the comparison, not I.