Kevin Kolb....What do you think?

My friend is a hardcore eagles fan, and talking to him today he said that Kevin Kolb is going to be a franchise QB. He also said the Bills should pursue him. I have mixed thoughts about this idea, considering that we'll have to give up a mid-round draft pick. What do you think bills fans? Could he be the answer?

I think if we could get him for a third - then jump on it. Our second is practically a 1st - and even if they were asking for a first, they'd take that. Still, if our coaches thought he could be a franchise QB and come in this year and do great, then I guess our second would be fair value. But, I'd rather part with a 3rd and 4th, I think, or some combination of lower round picks. Our first 3 picks this year are golden. I really like Kolb's attitude/character - I read an article where he talked about hunting a boar with a knife - the guy is tough. I think no way on our 1st, and if we part with our 2nd for him then we should get something back - their 3rd or 4th.

If the Bills had a championsip level defense say circa mid 2000's then Kolb could be a final piece to the puzzle. There are far too many holes on this team to give up draft picks for any player. They should be trading down in every round to pick up more picks this and next year.

I feel the same I as I did for the last 4 Kolb threads this past week. If he was a FQB, the Eagles would keep and start him. He's not, so they're trading him.

That's nothing, I have felt the same for him the last 16 threads this week. I also have agreed with you all 500 times on this issue this week. Vick does not offer the future that the younger Kolb does. Also, Kolb could last much longer because he does not take the wear and tear that Vick does.

My friend is a hardcore eagles fan, and talking to him today he said that Kevin Kolb is going to be a franchise QB. He also said the Bills should pursue him. I have mixed thoughts about this idea, considering that we'll have to give up a mid-round draft pick. What do you think bills fans? Could he be the answer?

:wallbash::wallbash::wallbash::wallbash:

They're going to be asking for more than a mid-round pick. Besides, Fitz will be starting the next two years and Kolb won't be happy on the bench.

NO.

I feel the same I as I did for the last 4 Kolb threads this past week. If he was a FQB, the Eagles would keep and start him. He's not, so they're trading him.

I agree with the first part. There are countless redundant threads lately.

The Eagles will keep him--they would be crazy not to. Vick can't play the whole season. They trade him for a couple of draft picks? What good will they be when Vick's busted up?

Ryan Fitzpatrick is a much better Qb than Kevin Kolb. Maybe Kolb can eventually become as good as Fitzpatrick but that will take a few years. The Eagles run the best system offense in the league, where getting good performances from a QB is a given.

So with that being said, exactly why would the Bills trade away their #3 overall pick for a QB who's not as good as the one they already have?

I know a couple Eagles fans myself and they don't know jack about football. Least knowledgeable fans in the league by far. :thumbdown:

With friends like that, who needs enemies?