Whenever you think Ralph is bad

plenzmd1

I knew Snyder was a jerk, but I didn't know just how far around the bend he is. IMO Ralph is a bit misguided. He doesn't always make the best decisions, but he's not out to screw everyone around him nor try to make a buck at everybody else's expense. Ralph does spend money, just not always wisely (e.g. Dockery, Langston Walker (who at least was a decent RT) etc).

That was a great article thanks for pointing it out!

Lou Saban and Cookie Gilchrist say hi. <_<

• Replies 73
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

No, actually Snyder manages the franchise like he's playing fantasy football. Even with a Washington Wizards team that's doing a perfect road impression of the Washington Generals, the Redskins are still the laughingstock of DC.

The redskins under snyder are what would happen if you let TBD make the decisions to run the Bills.

They are both idiots in different ways.

Ralph is Cheap and hasn't brought in any young talent to the front office, to the move this franchise into the 21st Century. Instead he looked to the wrong people, Like Marv Levy, and Russ Brandon for answers. Biggest mistake was not getting a New GM after Donahoe was shown the door.

Dan Snyder is just an idiot, because he wants to win and spends money foolishly to do so. He has no football sense whatsoever. He's a buffoon and the Redskins will continue to fail as an organization because of Dan.

I wonder how many millions he's thrown out the window to try and win games. It's gotta be ridiculous.

Doug Whaley isn't young talent?

Nonsense. Dan Snyder is a model owner who cares about winning. :rolleyes:

Seriously, I love that phrase "tendency toward irrationality." Sounds like what things would be like if message board fans ran a team. Also how did Dan Snyder get so rich when he taking advice from Pat Bowlen? I mean it's not like Pat has any interest in seeing Shanny get hired somewhere. :doh:

PTR

Seriously If Snyder was a great owner he would stop trying to but his way to a Superbowl win. He needs to let a coaching/mangement team select both FAs and draft picks to develop a winning combination. So far his meddling has produced little on the field. Proof you can't buy your way to promised land!!!!

You might wanna read my post again, because nowhere in it did I say Snyder was great? What I said was I would take him over Ralph any day of the week. I would rather have an owner who fails but gives it all he has, uses his resources ($$), and really wants to win, than an owner that makes no real effort to succeed, but is satisfied with running his franchise into the ground and has no intention of ever really giving a crap about whether they win or not if it means having to spend some of his millions to do so. Read a post before you make a stupid comment on it next time.

Any idiot can spend/waste money. To laud Snyder for it says more about you than anything else. The "Ralph is cheap" stuff is stupidity that gets repeated by same. He's (over)spent on players, while coaches and GM's don't want to be in Buffalo. If last year didn't finally drill that through your head, nothing will. But carry on.

Oh and BTW, if Snyder was the owner of the Bills, they'd have moved long ago. I still don't know why Ralph has stayed around all these years, when there was better money to be made elsewhere. The only thing I can think is loyalty to the fans, many of whom (ahem) don't deserve it.

The redskins under snyder are what would happen if you let TBD make the decisions to run the Bills.

Doug Whaley isn't young talent?

I was commenting the Levy/Brandon era. He should have went after Whaley Back then, or someone of his equivalent.

Except that even our braintrust here would have known better than to sign Haynesworth.

No they wouldn't. Don't you remember all the people wanting to sign him when he was a FA? Hell, people now are still posting we should go after him or trade for him to "solidify our D."

Edited by Ramius

No they wouldn't. Don't you remember all the people wanting to sign him when he was a FA? Hell, people now are still posting we should go after him or trade for him to "solidify our D."

Yeah, I reconsidered my statement not three seconds after I hit "add reply". :wallbash:

Almost, but not quite as brilliant as the logic that because Dan Snyder is a nut job, than Ralph Wilson is not cheap! :rolleyes:

or in your case, I suppose we are to infer the logic that because Dan Snyder is a nut job, than Ralph Wilson is cheap!

As soon as I read the topic, I knew it was about Snyder... before even reading one post. I was talking to this guy the other day that has a good friend in D.C. that has a catering business & catered a party for Snyder. Well, there was a lot of food left over & the guy asked Snyder if he could take it down to the homeless shelter. Snyder refused, told him to throw it out... & said that if he couldn't eat it, nobody was. This guy seemed real sincere & swore it was a true story.

I work at a school in Northern VA.

If our kitchen has leftovers, we can't give it to a homeless shelter for health code violations.

Surely, a friend in the catering business should know about this.

It has less to do with Snyder, and more to do with the Nanny State.

I haven't checked the news recently, but if Gregg Williams is hired in Tennessee, I would not be surprised if he brings back Haynesworth.

Edited by Red

I would still take dumbass Danny over Tightass Ralphy any day of the week, any week of the year. He is an idiot, but Snyder uses all his resources to try to win, he just doesn't give the right people the authority to improve his franchise. Ralph makes all his decisions on what is the cheapest way to field a team and get seats in the stands. At least the Redskins usually have some reasons to be optimistic each year because of the recent trades and/or free agent signings, Bills fans just plain know we are gonna suck year after year.

No doubt, you're the guy falling in the urinal because you couldn't stop buying beer sold inside the lavatory.

Edited by whodat