Imagine this... The Bills in the Super Bowl

All of us fantasize about it. The Bills back in the big game. But how many of us would be nervous as hec? I mean, seeing the Bills back in a Super Bowl would blow my mind. All of the emotions of losing 4 straight and crying my eyes out after each one....

How would you react to a win? or a loss? It's too much to take...

Sigh, ok good night

Not sure how I'd react to a win but a loss? It would depend upon how we lost. If it was a blowout or we were just simply out-played I'd be bummed but then start to think of next season. However a close loss (such as the painful one 20 years ago tonight) I would probably agonize over every play all off-season thinking that play could have changed the outcome.

All of us fantasize about it. The Bills back in the big game. But how many of us would be nervous as hec? I mean, seeing the Bills back in a Super Bowl would blow my mind. All of the emotions of losing 4 straight and crying my eyes out after each one....

How would you react to a win? or a loss? It's too much to take...

Sigh, ok good night

It's been 17 years since the Bills lost their 4th straight SB to the Cowboys. Even when they lost that 4th one, I still never would have believed it would be this long and counting since Buffalo got back to the big game. For me, a lot has happened these past 17 years. My wife and I have had our two kids, I've given up my season tickets and I am not the crazy die hard fan I was back then now that I've hit my 50's.

That said, I never miss watching a game or listening to it if the home games don't sell out, and I still am a passionate Bills fan. I went to the 3rd SB game in Minneapolis, so I don't think I will attend the game if / when the Bills get back (although I just might). Obviously, I won't be as "crazy" emotional watching the game, but if the Bills win that first SB during my lifetime (and I'm not too old to know the game is happening), I am sure I will let loose and go nuts. I will be downtown Buffalo during the parade (as I will if / when the Sabres win that elusive first Cup), and celebrate for myself, and all my friends / family members who have passed on before it happens. (Like my Mom, God bless her, who helped park cars in a private lot our relatives owned for 20 years - nobody loved the Bills more then her!!)

I will be a nervous wreck the next time we make it to the big game. So much so, that I think I will have to find someplace to watch it all by myself.

The last superbowl vs Dallas, I had just gotten my first apartment, and I threw quite a party. My father and I were the only Bills fans, and were outnumbered greatly by my loudmouth Dallas friends. I was so upset and humiliated, I stopped watching football altogether for 12 years. :cry:

No worries, the Sabres will be ending the Championship drought in this city in the next 5 years. Mr. Pegula’s white horse will be arriving in about 3 weeks as Terry himself conjures the ghost of Lord Stanley himself to swing by Beau Fleuve for his first of multiple appearances……

Imagine the Bills winning the big game, on the last drive, by a FG.

Then imagine coming to TBD on Monday and listening to people (and Sully) B word because we "barely" won!

The only question for me would be where do I watch the game? Do I have a party at my place (the standard)? Do I go to the game? Do I fly back to Buffalo to watch? Hard to say, but I know this - I'll be fired up as hell to watch the boys finally take one home for Buffalo!!!

Imagine the 2011 season starting late because of the lockout. A 10-game season. They miss the tougher part of their schedule. The Bills get hot and make the playoffs at 7-3 then make it to the big game.

PTR

God, that would suck (sort of)...I remember the first year the Bills made it, Super Bowl 25...there was talk of postponing, or cancelling the Super Bowl altogether. I rmember, selfishly thinking..."God, that figures, the one year we could have won a Super Bowl, and it gets cancelled" :wallbash: If they win it, I want them to win it, with no asteriks! But, then again, I suppose winning the big game, in the strike shortened 1982 season, and then again in the strike shortened 1987 season does not dampen the spirits of Redskin fans... :rolleyes: So, I guess your scenario isn't too bad! :thumbsup:

This is one ive always talked about with my friends. i was only 5 for the last super bowl, so i couldnt appreciate it. but ive always wondered how i would react to a win. i think id be laughing crying jumping up and down high fiving and hugging people all at the same time. it would have to be an emotional roller coaster

I agree. But I've talked to fans of other teams who think that's crazy talk. They seem to think missing the playoffs for 11 straight years is less humiliating than losing 4 straight Super Bowls.

Must be Stealers fans who wouldn't know what missing the playoffs even feels like.

I'd rather be 0-5 in the super bowl than 0-4.