Mock Draft ( most realstic)

BILLS #1

According to Nix, Wilson, and Gailey we are going to take the best player available with the number 3 pick this year. So this is my Mock Draft with No trades.

1. WR- Aj Green- His is compared to Calvin Johnson ... I know its not a need but Spiller wasnt a need .. like i said BEST PLAYER AVAILABLE.

2. OT- Anthony Castonzo - Looks like he is holding himself up in the senior bowl so far and is rated the 3rd best Offensive Tackle in the draft. 6'7 300 is a beast.

3. Dt- Phil taylor- The guy looks unstoppable at the senior bowl and our coaches are raving about him.. he might not even make it to this pick.

4. MLB- Kelvin Sheppard- At 6'2 230 he can be a force in the middle that we needed, hes an emotional leader and could shine with Poz right next to him in the 3-4

4. TE- Luke Stocker- Now here is a guy that can block but he has great hands in the middle to and is a tall receiver that could be the TE we have been looking for since ?

5. DE- Christian ballrd- Has the speed and strength to compliment Carrington on the other side. He is listed as DT but at 6-5 290 he is translated to be 3-4 DE runs a 4.7

6. OLB- Wayne Daniels - We need more OLB's because who knows with Merriman injuries.

7. CB/S- Jermale Hines - Depth in the defensive backfield because we might lose Whitner and Florence :(

THIS Would be my most realistic draft a of right now, now we all know there is still the NFL Combine and all that other good stuff but this draft i spent time thinking about looks IDEAL!

Edited by BILLS #1

According to Nix, Wilson, and Gailey we are going to take the best player available with the number 3 pick this year. So this is my Mock Draft with No trades.

1. WR- Aj Green- His is compared to Calvin Johnson ... I know its not a need but Spiller wasnt a need .. like i said BEST PLAYER AVAILABLE.

2. OT- Anthony Castonzo - Looks like he is holding himself up in the senior bowl so far and is rated the 3rd best Offensive Tackle in the draft. 6'7 300 is a beast.

3. Dt- Phil taylor- The guy looks unstoppable at the senior bowl and our coaches are raving about him.. he might not even make it to this pick.

4. MLB- Kelvin Sheppard- At 6'2 230 he can be a force in the middle that we needed, hes an emotional leader and could shine with Poz right next to him in the 3-4

4. TE- Luke Stocker- Now here is a guy that can block but he has great hands in the middle to and is a tall receiver that could be the TE we have been looking for since ?

5. DE- Christian ballrd- Has the speed and strength to compliment Carrington on the other side. He is listed as DT but at 6-5 290 he is translated to be 3-4 DE runs a 4.7

6. OLB- Wayne Daniels - We need more OLB's because who knows with Merriman injuries.

7. CB/S- Jermale Hines - Depth in the defensive backfield because we might lose Whitner and Florence :(

THIS Would be my most realistic draft a of right now, now we all know there is still the NFL Combine and all that other good stuff but this draft i spent time thinking about looks IDEAL!

I like Sheppard a lot. Don't know where he'll go, but he weighed in at 250 at the Senior Bowl.

Would love this draft.

This is your “realistic” draft? Sorry man, but hate to break it to you

Coztanza -1st rounder

Phil Taylor – 2nd Rounder (Id love him with our 2nd)

Sheppard – 2nd Rounder

Stocker – 2nd, MAYBE 3rd Rounder

Ballard – 2nd rounder

All of your round 2-5 picks are more than likely going to go in the 2nd, with your 2nd rounder going in the 1st. The only one of those guys we have a legit shot at with the pick you listed in Green.

This is your “realistic” draft? Sorry man, but hate to break it to you

Coztanza -1st rounder

Phil Taylor – 2nd Rounder (Id love him with our 2nd)

Sheppard – 2nd Rounder

Stocker – 2nd, MAYBE 3rd Rounder

Ballard – 2nd rounder

All of your round 2-5 picks are more than likely going to go in the 2nd, with your 2nd rounder going in the 1st. The only one of those guys we have a legit shot at with the pick you listed in Green.

If we could trade down and pick up Taylor, then Stocker, i would be stoked.

Wont draft A.J Green even thats what Buddy says. Hes not Matt Millen. Costanzo wont last until round 2 and Sheppard wont last until 4. And enough we drafting a te, this is a very weak class for tes. We need to sign one via fa. Ala owen daniels or jeff king.

1- Dareus

2- RT or Sheppard

3- Sheppard (if still available) or a qb we like.. Dalton???

I agree. It looks like aj green as the third pick. They want a franchise player. That is Green. You can get great "value" defensive players in the 3rd to last rounds. Look at Moats, he was our best defensive rookie and he was a 6th round pick. 2nd round should be best available tackle or linebacker.

I think when you're already "set" with positional players, you can go by BPA. I see the argument to do so, but damn, can you do this every year? What if the BPA every year is a WR? How many will you take in a row JUST because he's the BPA? I like Green a lot, but he's a positional player that wont ever see the ball if Fitz doesn't have blocking and/or the D can't get off the field.

People will argue against this (COOL!), but if there's another player there worthy (or very, very close to it) of the #3 pick that we NEED to have DT, DE, LB, RT as opposed to a WR (that we DON'T NEED), that's who I think we should grab. Green would have to be off the charts better than everyone around him. And, I hope the Bills are following a plan of some sort when there building this roster...

No way A.J. Green is like Calvin Johnson. He is a great WR, but not in the mold of Johnson. I would classify him more like Randy Moss. He is a very slight, fast receiver with great hands.

I think when you're already "set" with positional players, you can go by BPA. I see the argument to do so, but damn, can you do this every year? What if the BPA every year is a WR? How many will you take in a row JUST because he's the BPA? I like Green a lot, but he's a positional player that wont ever see the ball if Fitz doesn't have blocking and/or the D can't get off the field.

People will argue against this (COOL!), but if there's another player there worthy (or very, very close to it) of the #3 pick that we NEED to have DT, DE, LB, RT as opposed to a WR (that we DON'T NEED), that's who I think we should grab. Green would have to be off the charts better than everyone around him. And, I hope the Bills are following a plan of some sort when there building this roster...

The hints are there and they want the best player available. This means if AJ Green or Peterson is there, we will take them. That's only if the first two teams go defensive lineman. The main question should be who or what is the teams pecking order as far as talent goes and why. If we grab the best player and it turns out to be Green, so be it. If we take Peterson, then so be it. It's not that I want them, but I really truly BILLieve in the coaching staff and in Buddy and Chan and feel they will do the right thing. They have made it clear they do not listen to us because they have a plan and are sticking to it. I just hope it's someone we have a need for. I for one do not want to see Peterson on the team, and to me Green is a long shot, but if they are the best player and can make a difference then that will be fine to me.

Unless A.J. Green can play a mean D-Line and/or LB, they'd be crazy to blow a #3 on him. If they go offense, it better be on the line.

Agreed. The only thing AJ Green can do for us is entice someone to trade up for him and get us more quality draft picks. He's the only sure thing at WR in the draft. With our defense being so weak and our receivers being so strong, taking a receiver at 3 would be worse than taking a RB at 13 like we did last year.

This team needs a big mean front seven on defense before anything else, even O line in my opinion.

Wont draft A.J Green even thats what Buddy says. Hes not Matt Millen. Costanzo wont last until round 2 and Sheppard wont last until 4. And enough we drafting a te, this is a very weak class for tes. We need to sign one via fa. Ala owen daniels or jeff king.

1- Dareus

2- RT or Sheppard

3- Sheppard (if still available) or a qb we like.. Dalton???

Disagree!! Luke Stocker is going to be a stud TE in this league. After his performance this week, all he needs to do is have an equal showing @ the combine and his pro day, and he'll jump up into the second round.

I couldn't agree more!

Another angle, when you draft BPA and you load up on talent in one position it weakens you hand when you try to unload/deal other qualilty players to other teams. ALA M. Lynch. So maybe take less in trade and possibly trade trade down when BPA isn't a position of need.

If we draft Peterson i'll have to get a new TV.

Edited by qwksilver

This has always been my argument. Sometimes you need to adjust or tweek your mentality. The counter to this is when people say, well we drafted for need for so many years and it failed. Thats because you had a regime that was practically drafting a track and field team. Nix know his stuff, but he really needs to reconsider his BPA thinking. What if when the Packers pick, the BPA is a QB? It would be ridiculous. Maybe if Nix says, well, BPA is AJ Green, but we drafted Easley, Stevie is showing elite potential, and teams still gameplan for Evans..maybe lets do the 2nd BPA. I dont know, im not apart of the war room, but it just seems silly to me.

Edited by SKRAAPY

The hints are there and they want the best player available. This means if AJ Green or Peterson is there, we will take them.

Now way. I can only sleep if I believe that there is no way that Ralph, Buddy and Chan, combined, are that stupid.

I wouldn't take the phrase "best player available" so literal. It comes into play when there is a significant difference in the ranking criteria. If you have a need and the BPA is not at that position, but the difference in your rating is marginal, you take the need; if there is a player you rated as should've been gone 5+ picks ago (or whatever number tips the decision), then you nab him.