Jay Cutler's MRI results

peteski

• Replies 63
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

We cannot have an opinion about what we think he should have done in that situation?

Sure you can. If you are not part of the Bears medical staff, you are free to have a totally uninformed opinion.

But regardless of opinion, people starting threads about it four days later is getting a little old.

Sure you can. If you are not part of the Bears medical staff, you are free to have a totally uninformed opinion.

But regardless of opinion, people starting threads about it four days later is getting a little old.

Well pretty much everything we comment on here is a uninformed opinion as most of us are not NFL players or team staff.

I really don't care about his injury. I would have to assume that if he wasn't hurt, he would have been in the game. My comments are more towards his actions (or lack of actions) on the bench.

Also, if the topic is a little old for some of the high rollers around here, they are free to move-on to the next life-changing thread.

You also forgot to mention that he is a type 1 Diabetic and because of that he cannot take the cortisone shots everyone else can stick in them to go out and play hurt. I believe the guy really was hurt.

My problem is, if you are hurt, the 3rd string QB is in there, and then I see a shot of the sideline where this poor guy who has gotten no practice time is scrambling through pictures of the defenses he is seeing and meanwhile there is Jay Cutler sitting right next to him, with a sour puss look on his face doing nothing. How about, go over some of those with him and tell him what you saw that day before you got hurt...

I understand you want to defend his toughness but I personally just think he is a unlikeable, egocentric person who only cares about himself and is in NO way a leader on the field.

I think this is what is really behind all the current and former players jumping on him. The difference between Jeff George and Jim Kelly was leadership. George could make all the throws and was tough, but was a lump in the huddle and on the sidelines. On the rare occasions when Jim was knocked out of a game, he would be working the sidelines, talking with the backup QB, talking with the coaches and coordinators, etc. So even when he was out of the game, he was part of the team.

As we all saw with Cutler, once he was out of the game.....it was no longer his problem. I think the guy is tough as hell, but that's not enough at the QB postion.

A lot of people here are not seeing that I was making a joke. It was supposed to be funny. A lot of you took it personally like I was making fun of your child or spouse.

Lighten up people, it was a joke. It made me laugh so I thought I would share. I didn't know that there was so many people here who are incredibly sensitive. Sorry for hurting your feelings.

A lot of people here are not seeing that I was making a joke. It was supposed to be funny. A lot of you took it personally like I was making fun of your child or spouse.

Lighten up people, it was a joke. It made me laugh so I thought I would share. I didn't know that there was so many people here who are incredibly sensitive. Sorry for hurting your feelings.

Don't take it personally, I thought it was hilarious.

I do believe Vagisil could find many new customers here.

You also forgot to mention that he is a type 1 Diabetic and because of that he cannot take the cortisone shots everyone else can stick in them to go out and play hurt. I believe the guy really was hurt.

My problem is, if you are hurt, the 3rd string QB is in there, and then I see a shot of the sideline where this poor guy who has gotten no practice time is scrambling through pictures of the defenses he is seeing and meanwhile there is Jay Cutler sitting right next to him, with a sour puss look on his face doing nothing. How about, go over some of those with him and tell him what you saw that day before you got hurt...

I understand you want to defend his toughness but I personally just think he is a unlikeable, egocentric person who only cares about himself and is in NO way a leader on the field.

Losman wore that same sour puss as he skulked at the end of the bench in his big overcoat--and he wasn't injured--yet guys here still call him a "great guy".

Look, Cutler was devestated to sit in this game, no doubt. You saw a shot of him like that on the sidelines. You then infer he refused to help his 3rd stringer.

This post is more lame than Culter's leg.

Why is Cutler a jerk? Because he doesn't like to talk to the media? Because he simply likes to keep to himself? Karma? Please. Try reading some of these before spouting off and making yourself look like an ignorant ass.

http://www.menshealth.com/mhlists/5-Ways-NFL-Players-Help/Jay_Cutler.php

http://www.chicagobears.com/news/NewsStory.asp?story_id=6840

http://www.zimbio.com/Jay+Cutler/articles/54/Jay+Culter+Brandon+Marshall+Participate+Charity

http://leisureblogs.chicagotribune.com/about-last-night/2009/11/vince-vaughn-and-jay-cutler-attend-greg-olsens-charity-concert.html

Settle down Francis, where there is smoke there is fire.

Look I can post articles too!

Try reading some of these before spouting off with your righteousness.

http://www.nbcchicago.com/news/sports/Jay-Cutler-Not-a-Nice-Guy-55549197.html

http://bleacherreport.com/articles/98033-is-jay-cutler-a-punk

http://everyjoe.com/sports/jay-cutler-alienating-bears-fans/

http://sports.espn.go.com/espn/news/story?id=6017986

His teammates and coaches seem to have his back, that should count for something. And yes, i know Urlacher called him a B word last year shortly after he joined the bears, but even Brian seems to adamantly defend him now.

Much of this hate from cutler seems to originate from his surliness with sports reporters. The reporters feel slighted, who in turn dog the guy in their articles, on TV, etc. Personally i respect cutler more for this - sports reporters aren't the most noble or agreeable bunch, and some are out and out scumbags of the highest order.

Could Cutler be (or at least act like) a better teammate? Almost certainly. I don't think he or anyone deserves to be called a gash when his knee won't allow him to do his job.

Look back at that game - he was throwing off his back leg a lot and wasn't looking too sharp when he was in. Pulling him out was the right move.

All of you people saying he wasn't helping the 3rd team QB, were you in the stands watching him on the sidelines, or did you catch the moments on TV when Fox showed him. Maybe he was helping, we just don't know from the little bit that fox showed us. Cmon people. Get some kowledge and use your brains before making rash comments like this.

There's nothing like a good joke.

And that was nothing like a good joke.

I chuckled a little bit.

Really, I got a laugh out of it. No worries.

Once again, a reference to female anatomy is the go-to metaphor for weakness. I don't know about the women in your life but the women in mine are as strong as anyone I know. Some of them are looking over my shoulder right now, encouraging me to write this. But it was my idea, really it was.

Seriously, I am sure you aren't a misogynist so I wanted to point out that you sound like one.

Dude, you have a computer in your kitchen,,,that's pretty cool