Key To Understanding Men. . .

CountDorkula

• Replies 43
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

This was in an email my wife sent me today. The email with Adult Truths to Ponder.

25. The first testicular guard, the "Cup," was used in Hockey in 1874 and the first helmet was used in 1974. That means it only took 100 years for men to realize that their brain is also important.

Huh??? :unsure: Totally untrue. This is one of those things about telling a lie long enough, people believe it. Same thing pumps me about the "Original Six" in hockey... There were many teams in the NHL before the Depression forced contraction... The first American team won the Stanley Cup in 1919 (Seattle).

I disagree with that statement... Yes, helmets were uncommon in hockey... Yet, pucks generally stayed on the ice until Mikita and the curved blade came along with slapshot. Same with masks... A few wore masks early on to help an injury heal... Plante refused to take the ice without a mask in 1959... Any coincidence that was the start of the Mikita era? Yet, it was that curved blade that changed the whole sport... One would still get nailed in the nuts (body checks) easier than the head in the old days...

Anyway... Where did they get 1974 from? And ontop of it... "First used.":

"In 1928, Owen became the first player to wear a helmet in an NHL game. He wore the same leather helmet that he had worn when playing college football."

1974? Huh???

"...After the Bailey incident, Arthur Howey "Art" Ross, a player and hockey executive who was one of the first inductees into the Hockey Hall of Fame, developed a new helmet design. During a game between the Boston Bruins and the Ottawa Senators, most of the players wore the new helmet. For the next game, most of the Bruin players did not wear it. But Eddie Shore did, and he wore a helmet for the rest of his career. "

"...Later during the 1930s, Toronto Maple Leaf players were ordered to add helmets to their equipment. After starting a game wearing a helmet, King Clancy and many others removed them as fans, media and opposing players taunted them. A few continued to wear helmets but for different reasons--one to hide his bald head and another to protect the metal plate in his head..."

Eddie shore in 1934:

Eddie Shore wearing a helmet in 1934

Pumpkin is NOT a fruit, it's a veggie, dumbass. How's that? :devil:

It has seeds... Fruits have seeds... :nana: :nana:

Anway.. I never get tired of telling my pumpkin joke... Sorry if you heard it around here before... You will have to endure! :D

What do you call an artsy pumpkin?

And avant gourd!

Booooo!

Edited by ExiledInIllinois

Huh??? :unsure: Totally untrue. This is one of those things about telling a lie long enough, people believe it. Same thing pumps me about the "Original Six" in hockey... There were many teams in the NHL before the Depression forced contraction... The first American team won the Stanley Cup in 1919 (Seattle).

I disagree with that statement... Yes, helmets were uncommon in hockey... Yet, pucks generally stayed on the ice until Mikita and the curved blade came along with slapshot. Same with masks... A few wore masks early on to help an injury heal... Plante refused to take the ice without a mask in 1959... Any coincidence that was the start of the Mikita era? Yet, it was that curved blade that changed the whole sport... One would still get nailed in the nuts (body checks) easier than the head in the old days...

Anyway... Where did they get 1974 from? And ontop of it... "First used.":

Dude it was from an email passed around that my wife sent to me. If you start believing those and do all the research you just did to post your reply to that you really need to get a life.

Dude it was from an email passed around that my wife sent to me. If you start believing those and do all the research you just did to post your reply to that you really need to get a life.

Rather ironic (in the true, non-1billsfan sense) to read a treatise about helmet use from a guy who by all appearances has taken one too many shots to the head...

Dude, I WAS JOKING & being factual... Don't take life so seriously!

Rather ironic (in the true, non-1billsfan sense) to read a treatise about helmet use from a guy who by all appearances has taken one too many shots to the head...

Why the attack, you are the one with actual documented mental issues.

Why do people have to be so nasty... My post wasn't nasty, why the hate? What did I ever do?

Dude, I WAS JOKING & being factual... Don't take life so seriously!

Why do people have to be so nasty... My post wasn't nasty, why the hate? What did I ever do?

Hey, sometimes the PPP regulars forget where they are.

And Tom is always like that.

Who says you ever did anything? What makes you think you're special? I attack everyone. I even attack myself.

Jesus...sometimes you're such a little wilting daisy. Nut up, princess...

Who says you ever did anything? What makes you think you're special? I attack everyone. I even attack myself.

Jesus...sometimes you're such a little wilting daisy. Nut up, princess...

I am just commenting. By no means does it hurt my feelings, keep up what you are doing. If you don't, I will get worried that everything is not okay with you.

And no.. I feel I am not a wilting daisy... Just a nice guy that knows when to shut up... I was pefectly fine with Chef's comment... But when you chime in and try to defame, I take umbrage. No reason to personally attack me.

Again... You know me... I am by far not a princess... I am always the first to call myself out.

Actually, botanically speaking it is a fruit. Fruit.

Lighten up dude!

;):P

I like the direction this thread is heading.

You are all a bunch of *((@^@)!!$

!@#$ you! I am gonna take this son of a bitching thread back to civil !@#$ing discourse! Who the !@#$ cares where you like this thread to head!

:P:D

Edited by ExiledInIllinois

I am just commenting. By no means does it hurt my feelings, keep up what you are doing. If you don't, I will get worried that everything is not okay with you.

And no.. I feel I am not a wilting daisy... Just a nice guy that knows when to shut up... I was pefectly fine with Chef's comment... But when you chime in and try to defame, I take umbrage. No reason to personally attack me.

Do you ever think before you hit "Add Reply"?

Do you ever think before you hit "Add Reply"?

:lol:

Touche!

They (my personal feelings and my umbrage towards you defaming me in public) are not the same. Try to figure that one out smart guy! I don't expect you to...

I admit... I am a poor writer.

Go to hell. Dude.

:worthy:

BTW, Tom... Keep up with what you are doing... But please, don't defame.

I play in a co-ed hockey league and the women who play in it are the only women I've ever met who are 100% comfortable around men. We sweat, we stink, we drink beer and they are right there with us. They are living proof that women are capable of understanding guys and being one of the guys.

PTR

I play in a co-ed hockey league and the women who play in it are the only women I've ever met who are 100% comfortable around men. We sweat, we stink, we drink beer and they are right there with us. They are living proof that women are capable of understanding guys and being one of the guys.

PTR

So true.

All the stereotypes, I just don't understand... They are just that: stereotypes. I mean all these stories about toilet seats, sports, this or that... Whatever... I don't understand... I have been married 15 years to the same lovely FEMALE and have two lovely children... And if it weren't for the outside stereotypes... I would never have thought of this stuff people are saying.

Notice I capitalized female above... No wise cracks here...;)

PTR

So true.

All the stereotypes, I just don't understand... They are just that: stereotypes. I mean all these stories about toilet seats, sports, this or that... Whatever... I don't understand... I have been married 15 years to the same lovely FEMALE and have two lovely children... And if it weren't for the outside stereotypes... I would never have thought of this stuff people are saying.

Notice I capitalized female above... No wise cracks here...;)

HEY! Get back on topic! GO TO HELL YOU ()*^*(. :D

PTR

Do you belch and not say excuse me? That is the real test.