Hot coaches

cale

Given the fact that Cowher and some other name coaches are still available, it's amazing to me some of the "lower profile" coaches that have been hired to fill vacancies. Ie. Shurmur & Rivera. Can you imagine if the Bills had done this? We'd have been raked over the coals.

I like Rivera. Think he'll do well. But all the name/hot coaches of last season have kinda faded into the wallpaper with the exception of Frazier.

I'd argue that Gailey has a better resume than Shurmur and possibly one other.

I think history will show that we should have hired Frazier. But all things considered I think we could have done a lot worse than Gailey.

C

BTW, I wonder what Fassel ever did to be ostracized by the NFL. Same thing with Mariucci.

In light of the coaching vacancies this year and their hirings, I'd say Nix/Gailey is very good, especially if we end up with Wanny in the mix, too. Whaley is a good, solid future GM. San Francisco looks to have gotten a good coach/OC/DC, but I like what we have going here. I like it better than Shanahan in Washington.

Of Carolina, Cleveland, Denver, San Fran, Oakland, Minnisota, Dallas - I would say our coaches hold up good. I do think Dallas is going to end up with a powerhouse staff if they land Rob Ryan as D.C., and, I also think Houston is going to be a powerhouse with Phillips as their D.C.; in fact, I'd bet on Dallas v.s. Houston Superbowl as a real strong possibility in the next two years. I saw an article about Houston's front seven - and if they snag a good NT and an OLB - they might end up having the best front seven in football. That's a scarry thought with Phillips running the show.

Anyway, I like where we are going with our staff.

Given the fact that Cowher and some other name coaches are still available, it's amazing to me some of the "lower profile" coaches that have been hired to fill vacancies. Ie. Shurmur & Rivera. Can you imagine if the Bills had done this? We'd have been raked over the coals.

I like Rivera. Think he'll do well. But all the name/hot coaches of last season have kinda faded into the wallpaper with the exception of Frazier.

I think history will show that we should have hired Frazier. But all things considered I think we could have done a lot worse than Gailey.

C

BTW, I wonder what Fassel ever did to be ostracized by the NFL. Same thing with Mariucci.

they stunk, and no thanks to Tampa2 Frazier.

SDS I've always wondered, who is the girl in your avatar? It so looks like Hayden Panettiere. It prolly isn't, so who is it? very attractive girl. And obviously very passionate about her Stanley Cup.

It is Hayden, and that is the cup. What was she thinking? Next time I won't let her out of my backyard. I still feel bad every time I see his avatar.

ps, can't freakin sleep...

I am happy with the Gailey hire. I wish he would picked a more experienced Defensive staff including the DC. If we really needded Frazier, we actually could have kept Fewell himself. Fewell proved last year that he could be a HC in the NFL.

With the emergence of Raheem Morris , Todd Hailey , Perry Fewell , & others i can see why the browns went with Schumar .

He's going to be less over all money for the risk & if ha hits with his possible innovative thinking then Holmgren looks like a genius both in the money & wins column .

I would have liked to see given the chance what Fewell would have done with the Bills but so far with Buddy & Chan i LOVE there no nonsense way of handling the team , every body knows where they stand with these guys !!!

I am happy with the Gailey hire. I wish he would picked a more experienced Defensive staff including the DC. If we really needded Frazier, we actually could have kept Fewell himself. Fewell proved last year that he could be a HC in the NFL.

I am also happy with Gailey. Nice to have a coach that actually knows how to run an offense. Not sure what Fewell did to prove he could be a HC, though.

C

Gimme Wanny as Quality Control (soon to be DC) for the Bills. That's all I wanted for Christmas this year. Sign Him!

SDS I've always wondered, who is the girl in your avatar? It so looks like Hayden Panettiere. It prolly isn't, so who is it? very attractive girl. And obviously very passionate about her Stanley Cup.

Now that we got that answered, I've been wondering who the girl is in your avatar?!?

Its funny that you are asking about SDS's photo. I have often wondered who the lovely lass in yours is.

Edited by wonderbread

Now that we got that answered, I've been wondering who the girl is in your avatar?!?

lol. The girl in my avatar remains a mystery to me, and what a pleasant mystery too. :D

It is Hayden, and that is the cup. What was she thinking? Next time I won't let her out of my backyard. I still feel bad every time I see his avatar.

ps, can't freakin sleep...

lol thanks for clearing that up.

"[Would've] been raked over the coals?" Apparently you missed last off-season, when in addition to Cowher, Gruden, Billick, and Marty Schottenheimer, Shanahan was also available, and the Bills bypassed them all. Now it's happening again, even though Cowher and Gruden want to coach again (Billick wanted to coach last year, and Schottenheimer has been done with coaching).

Edited by Doc

"[Would've] been raked over the coals?" Apparently you missed last off-season, when in addition to Cowher, Gruden, Billick, and Marty Schottenheimer, Shanahan was also available, and the Bills bypassed them all. Now it's happening again, even though Cowher and Gruden want to coach again (Billick wanted to coach last year, and Schottenheimer has been done with coaching).

?? I think you got it bass ackwards. The Bills didn't bypass, they were bypassed. They took a strong run (allegedly) at most of your list.