Patriots or Jets

stevestojan

Who you rooting for?  

119 members have voted

1. 1. Who are you rooting for?

• Patriots
    • Jets

I did not vote because I am not outwardly rooting for one team. Both Bellichick & Ryan are Grade A obnoxious jerks, still the Patriots are the team with the talent and are rightfully the #1 contenders in the AFC.

The Jets have been the luckiest team in the NFL the entire season. They could easily have finished the season at 7-9, and they have no business being in the playoffs.

That Monday night whipping they took from the Patriots was not a fluke, and I would'nt be surprised if it happened again.

I pick the Patriots to win.

I also expectthe Pats to win, but that has a lot to do with the fact that Sanchez is playing terrible football at the all important position. Unless he can elevate his game (which is a possibility) the Pats should win handily. If he shows up, I expect a much closer game.

• Replies 76
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I don't get it either. This is a team that absolutely owns the Bills, has no respect for the Bills and has run up the score on more than one occassion. To me rooting for the Pats is akin to rooting for Miami to win a playoff game in the 70s.

Personally, the best football game of the past decade was SB 42; watching those arrogant f---s and thier '19-0' go down in defeat. I want to see a repeat of that every season for as long as they are a fixture in the playoffs.

Whenever I think about that game, I remember the interview I saw with Curtis Martin back in the day. He was still playing for the Pats at the time, and they had just played whatever team Deion Sanders was on...probably the Cowboys, but can't remember for sure. Anyway, there was a play when Deion returned a punt and just got LIT UP by someone during the return. When asked about it, Curtis Martin quoted scripture and said, "he who humbles himself shall be exalted...and he who exalts himself shall be humbled." Brady and the Pats seemed so arrogant during the SB week interviews and all that...it was so satisfying to see them get the big "L" in the SB. :thumbsup:

Whenever I think about that game, I remember the interview I saw with Curtis Martin back in the day. He was still playing for the Pats at the time, and they had just played whatever team Deion Sanders was on...probably the Cowboys, but can't remember for sure. Anyway, there was a play when Deion returned a punt and just got LIT UP by someone during the return. When asked about it, Curtis Martin quoted scripture and said, "he who humbles himself shall be exalted...and he who exalts himself shall be humbled." Brady and the Pats seemed so arrogant during the SB week interviews and all that...it was so satisfying to see them get the big "L" in the SB. :thumbsup:

"We're only gonna score 17? Is Plax playing defense?"

"We're only gonna score 17? Is Plax playing defense?"

LOL, YES, I still remember the look on Brady's face when he said that to the reporter...too funny :lol:

I don't get it either. This is a team that absolutely owns the Bills, has no respect for the Bills and has run up the score on more than one occassion. To me rooting for the Pats is akin to rooting for Miami to win a playoff game in the 70s.

Personally, the best football game of the past decade was SB 42; watching those arrogant f---s and thier '19-0' go down in defeat. I want to see a repeat of that every season for as long as they are a fixture in the playoffs.

i still love that game -- but in the case of jets vs pats, i really find nothing redeeming about the jets. there are literally no players or coaches that jump out at me as someone i would wish success upon. couple that with the terrible offseason we would have to suffer through should the jets win it all? shudder. atleast when the patriots win, they would be deserving. the jets are not nearly as good as many people think. rex has just repeated it enough times that people believe. i am no fan of the patriots, but i can respect the organization, and players for the most part. i know ill catch hell -- theyre just a bunch of cheaters. but i think A LOT of teams did what they did, and i dont think it to be near the advantage that most credit. i think that in the end it had about as much impact as the jets great wall, but without an opponent getting injured.

Why I want the Pats lose? Their whole mentality. Last time the Bills and Jets played, I joked with a Pats fan before the game and told him they have to lose sometime, and today is as good as any. Without even looking, he said "No they're aren't" with no smile and just walked away. Something their head coach would do, instead of joking around and talking.

Wanted that ass hat to eat his words.

Sincerely hope they choke tomorrow.

One thing I would love to see is both of these teams beating the living hell out of each other, so none of them will have anything left in the AFC Championship game. :devil:

I like this idea. Really dislike the blowhard Ryan but the trash talking by either team while childish doesnt really bother me.

I will watch but will not root for either team but will not be unhappy if the cheaters lose. As Johnny Coli noted the misery index will be much higher for the snobbish and obnoxious patty fans and that would give me great satifaction. Of all my duty stations in the US Navy none was worse than Boston and I was in some pretty sh**** places in the 70's

where is a bomber for hire when you need one

i hate all the remaining afc teams almost equally, maybe the division foes a tad more

but i guess im gonna have to hold my nose and root for the jests to advance to the bowl. they stand the least chance to actually win it, and getting there would weaken them in multiple ways the most serious of which will be the primadonnas all asking for big raises at the same time

but frankly i wont pay that much attention regardless. just get the season over with and start the countdown until september

The Pats are already established as a great team. A team that has kicked the Bills around for years. They really can't do much more to humiliate the Bills, it's diminishing returns. Do the Bills really need a SECOND team to rub their face in it?

I would much rather that there be only one team strutting around in the division.