Could Leach end up in Miami after all???

The Senator

That would be scary bad for Buffalo fans - if folks think the Bills 'D' is porous now, wait 'til the AirRaid starts :sick:

Miami Dolphins owner Steve Ross craves an offense that matches his South Florida fan base, one that's lively and possesses as much punch as a shot of Cuban coffee. "I want an aggressive, creative [offense], not playing just to keep it close," Ross said during a radio interview with WINZ, the team's flagship station. "A little more unpredictable in opening it up. That's what I think South Florida wants, and that's what this climate demands."

"We have one great advantage in South Florida as the Dolphins that other teams don't have, and that's the weather in August, September and October," Ross said. "Our players train in that weather. Let's take advantage of it. Let's go with a hurry-up offense. Let's wear them down. We've never done that.

"This isn't the North, where you want to just take it four yards and a cloud of dust, you know?" Ross said. "I think [i'm looking] for a different brand. The Dolphins how fans want to see it, how we win and we're going downfield [like] the days of Dan Marino, the days we all want to go back to."

Link - Dolphins coach Tony Sparano must replace two of his top offensive assistants

Link - Up next for Miami Dolphins? Finding the right offensive coordinator

Edited by The Senator

wasnt it leach who only has 40 plays in his playbook? and when he played his buddy stoops. he got beat down badly?

Actually, it's less than 40 plays - more like 20...

"There's two ways to make it more complex for the defense," Leach says. "One is to have a whole bunch of different plays, but that's no good because then the offense experiences as much complexity as the defense. Another is a small number of plays and run it out of lots of different formations." Leach prefers new formations. "That way, you don't have to teach a guy a new thing to do," he says. "You just have to teach him new places to stand." Texas Tech's offense has no playbook; Cody Hodges's wrist and Mike Leach's back pocket hold the only formal written records of what is widely regarded as one of the most intricate offenses ever to take a football field. The plays change too often, in response to the defense and the talents of the players on hand, to bother recording them.

NY Times - Coach Leach Goes Deep

Why all the Hype for Leach? A percieved hot commodity like him has been outa work for a year. So why ain't he coaching some place?

Those spread offenses work good in college when your opponents don't have the resources or talent to prepare like they do in the "bigs".

Furthermore... suggesting or projecting him as the Dolphins OC is really amusing. The Dolphins have a dude named Tony Sparano as their HC. He's a Parcell's protege. Those guys have a specific modus operandi. They want their offenses to be extremely physical and run the ball down the opposition's throats so much that they'll beg you to throw a pass. Leach wouldn't know the first thing about that. Like Spurrier, if he ever had any opportunity in the NFL (especially running an offense), he'd find very quickly how far in over his head he is. I think he knows that already and I think NFL people know it too.

Why all the Hype for Leach? A percieved hot commodity like him has been outa work for a year. So why ain't he coaching some place?

The Senator is his cousin or brother or something. I just haven't been able to piece it all together yet...

Senator, I really hope he does go *somewhere* just so we can see if the college hype is real! :D

Those spread offenses work good in college when your opponents don't have the resources or talent to prepare like they do in the "bigs".

Furthermore... suggesting or projecting him as the Dolphins OC is really amusing. The Dolphins have a dude named Tony Sparano as their HC. He's a Parcell's protege. Those guys have a specific modus operandi. They want their offenses to be extremely physical and run the ball down the opposition's throats so much that they'll beg you to throw a pass. Leach wouldn't know the first thing about that. Like Spurrier, if he ever had any opportunity in the NFL (especially running an offense), he'd find very quickly how far in over his head he is. I think he knows that already and I think NFL people know it too.

1) Gailey was out of work for a year. Now, he's not.

2) Tell Peyton Manning, Tom Brady, Aaron Rodgers, et al that spread offenses don't work in the NFL

Link - Gators' spread offense catching on in the NFL

The 'spread' is here, and becoming more prevalent in the NFL every season. Every team (even Buffalo) uses some sort of spread package from time to time, some more frequently, some almost exclusively.

3) Why whould Sparano do it? Dunno. Maybe to save his job??? Maybe 'cause his boss told him to???

Link - Miami Dolphins owner Steve Ross wants 'an aggressive, creative' offense - Dolphins coach Tony Sparano must replace two of his top offensive assistants

That would be scary bad for Buffalo fans - if folks think the Bills 'D' is porous now, wait 'til the AirRaid starts :sick:

Actually, that would be good news for Bills fans.

The Bills run defense blows, and Leach is one dimensional. Pass, pass, and pass again. No need to worry about a running attack, there won't be one.

Miami Dolphins owner Steve Ross craves an offense that matches his South Florida fan base, one that's lively and possesses as much punch as a shot of Cuban coffee. "I want an aggressive, creative [offense], not playing just to keep it close," Ross said during a radio interview with WINZ, the team's flagship station. "A little more unpredictable in opening it up. That's what I think South Florida wants, and that's what this climate demands."

"We have one great advantage in South Florida as the Dolphins that other teams don't have, and that's the weather in August, September and October," Ross said. "Our players train in that weather. Let's take advantage of it. Let's go with a hurry-up offense. Let's wear them down. We've never done that.

"This isn't the North, where you want to just take it four yards and a cloud of dust, you know?" Ross said. "I think [i'm looking] for a different brand. The Dolphins how fans want to see it, how we win and we're going downfield [like] the days of Dan Marino, the days we all want to go back to."

Awesome. Can't wait. How many SB did Danny take them to? Conference championships? Division champs?

2) Tell Peyton Manning, Tom Brady, Aaron Rodgers, et al that spread offenses don't work in the NFL

The 'spread' is here, and becoming more prevalent in the NFL every season. Every team (even Buffalo) uses some sort of spread package from time to time, some more frequently, some almost exclusively.

3) Why whould Sparano do it? Dunno. Maybe to save his job??? Maybe 'cause his boss told him to???

Link - Miami Dolphins owner Steve Ross wants 'an aggressive, creative' offense - Dolphins coach Tony Sparano must replace two of his top offensive assistants

A couple things:

- That first article is old, I don't remember Pat White changing the NFL and the Wildcat is on it's way out. Not saying Leach can't be successful, but that can't be your proof!

- You guys think Ralph is "meddlesome"? Their owner trying to dictate their offensive philosophy. We'll Start Fast! Razzle Dazzle Baby! It worked for Danny boy!!

Heck of a way to run an organization if you ask me. Let's all hope they fail :D

1) Leach has been out of work a lot longer. There's a reason for that, and it ain't the poor economy. Colleges think he's poison and the pros think he's a joke. (Just goes to show how much clout Craig James has)

2) There's a huge difference running a spread in college vs. pros. Two different animals. Leach ain't got what it takes. Once he faces a pro D that zone blitzes, he wouldn't know whether to schitt or go blind.

3) Sparano can give Ross the bird and walk away with $10M... kinda sorta like Wade did. Guys like Sparano won't compromise their phylosophy. They only know how to coach one way.

1) Leach has been out of work a lot longer. There's a reason for that, and it ain't the poor economy. Colleges think he's poison and the pros think he's a joke. (Just goes to show how much clout Craig James has)

2) There's a huge difference running a spread in college vs. pros. Two different animals. Leach ain't got what it takes. Once he faces a pro D that zone blitzes, he wouldn't know whether to schitt or go blind.

3) Sparano can give Ross the bird and walk away with $10M... kinda sorta like Wade did. Guys like Sparano won't compromise their phylosophy. They only know how to coach one way.

1) Huh? You on drugs? :unsure:

First you say Leach was out of work for a year, now you say he was out of work a lot longer than a year??? :wacko:

For the record, Leach was let go by Texas Tech just prior to their bowl game last season - he's been out of coaching for one season (but not out of work or out of football, as you mistakenly seem to think).

Also, you're talkin' out your ass with with the ' Craig James having clout ' comment and the pros thinking that Leach is a joke, but I'll just guess that maybe you're a bit drunk

2) First you say the spread won't work in the pros, now you say ' well, OK it works in the pros - only Leach ain't got what it takes to run it in the pros. ' :lol:

There's a huge difference between running ANYTHING (and everything) in college vs. pros - and neither you nor I know that ' Leach ain't got what it takes ' until he demonstrates that, one way or the other.

(IOW, you're talkin' out your ass on that one too.)

3) Sparano already had ' one foot in the grave ' (and the other on a banana peel) when Ross openly flew to California to offer Jim Harbough Sparano's job in front of the entire football world. If Sparano was truly the ' stick-to-his guns ' non-compromising stalwart you deludedly believe, he would have told Ross to take a hike instead of continuing to endure the public humiliation of having his job offered to multiple HCs while he dangled in the wind for 2 weeks.

You seriously don't believe Sparano agreed to each and every single condition Dolphins owner Steve Ross stipulated before giving Sparano a face-saving 2-year extension this week? Seriously??? :w00t:

BTW, Sparano's salary is approx. $2.8M/yr - don't know where the heck you got the $10M figure. (Out your ass, maybe?)

Edited by The Senator

Only one problem with the Dolphins implementing an agressive, pass oriented offense - they have a mediocre quarterback.

They also have the #15 pick in this draft. Henne's due to get $550K this season - chump-change, really...far less than Ryan Fitzpatrick - and is a free agent in 2012.

I would be shocked if the Dolphins did not pick a QB to replace him in this draft (or do it thru free-agency).

Edited by The Senator

"Intricate offense"? He passes 60 times a game.

And this is going to work with Henne or a rookie QB?

Yet another desperate and lame prediction by Senator for this clown Leach. If these endless predictions weren't so entertaining, the repeated embarrassment would be painful to witness.