Marshawn Lynch -... Some perspective please

I knew this reaction was coming as I saw the highlights on NFL Network, and thought "Ohh great, here we go with the Marshawn is awesome, and Nix/gailey are stupid" threads. I am not going to judge him or any other player on one game, or one season, let alone one run. Yes, the run was amazing, and since he is so slow and indecisive, every guy on defense had a crack at him, and maybe even a few more than once. I will say that on film it looked impressive, and he looked strong indeed, but my point here is that he has proven time and time again that he is not capable of doing that all the time, or even for games at a time. I will be the very last person on earth to miss him, simply due to the fact I never saw him as an elite back, and unless this marvelous run has converted him from now forward into an elite player, I don't see what the fuss is. I still believe the Bills did the right thing. The guy wanted out anyway. In case anyone has been paying attention, his stats have been average at best since the trade.

I still believe the Bills did the right thing. The guy wanted out anyway.

They did do the right thing ... in a ass backwards sort of way.

Lynch wanted out in large part, I believe, because of the Spiller draft. He did not want a 3 way split of the touches.

Given the fact that the Bills drafted Spiller (a mistake in my opinion, but that's another matter) the Bills did the right thing in getting rid of Lynch instead of Jackson. Unfortunately every GM in the league knew the Bills pretty much had to dump 1 running back so it became a buyers market. But C'est la vie.

I preferred Lynch over Jackson and Spiller, but he wanted out because he wasn't getting what he wanted, and Chan probably didn't want him either, so they traded him. I don't necessarily like the move, but it is what it is.

I'm still and always be a big fan of BEAST MODE

I knew this reaction was coming as I saw the highlights on NFL Network, and thought "Ohh great, here we go with the Marshawn is awesome, and Nix/gailey are stupid" threads. I am not going to judge him or any other player on one game, or one season, let alone one run. Yes, the run was amazing, and since he is so slow and indecisive, every guy on defense had a crack at him, and maybe even a few more than once. I will say that on film it looked impressive, and he looked strong indeed, but my point here is that he has proven time and time again that he is not capable of doing that all the time, or even for games at a time. I will be the very last person on earth to miss him, simply due to the fact I never saw him as an elite back, and unless this marvelous run has converted him from now forward into an elite player, I don't see what the fuss is. I still believe the Bills did the right thing. The guy wanted out anyway. In case anyone has been paying attention, his stats have been average at best since the trade.

What no one seems to point out is that up until that game, Marshawn has been a bust in Sea. He has struggled all season, and this was their first 100 yard game by a RB this season. He has been indecisive, dancing at the line, and slow to the hole all season for them. It was a great run, no doubt, but as a whole that trade had not worked out for Sea thus far until that run.

We will see what he can do for them moving forward, but to this point he had struggled there for the most part.

What no one seems to point out is that up until that game, Marshawn has been a bust in Sea. He has struggled all season, and this was their first 100 yard game by a RB this season. He has been indecisive, dancing at the line, and slow to the hole all season for them. It was a great run, no doubt, but as a whole that trade had not worked out for Sea thus far until that run.

We will see what he can do for them moving forward, but to this point he had struggled there for the most part.

everyone keeps saying that he is a bust in seattle.

first. seattle fans love him

second. MORE IMPORTANT, the o line over there is extremely horrible. YOU ARE RIGHT. he has to struggle just to get to the line of scrimmage. but not by his fault, by protection. that is how bad the line is. plain and simple.

anyway, the trade is done. im still a beast mode fan unless he becomes a patriot or jet.... as a hawk, hes still my boy.

I preferred Lynch over Jackson and Spiller, but he wanted out because he wasn't getting what he wanted, and Chan probably didn't want him either, so they traded him. I don't necessarily like the move, but it is what it is.

I'm still and always be a big fan of BEAST MODE

So am I but what can we do? Hopefully Spiller takes off next season!!!!

Indeed, I really hope he does. I love successful running attacks and it looks like Freddie slowed down (or maybe its just my eyes?).

As far as people saying he's a bust in Seattle... I think they may have a worse line than us, which is saying something.

I don't know as their line is worse than the BIlls line. What I do know is this...not all Hawks fans love him. I work with a hawks fan and his assessment is that he is slow and has to be strong because he never hits the hole. I don't think Lynch is a bust per se. If people think he is a 15-1600 yard back then he is a bust but if you look at him for what he is, a slowish power back with limited cutting ability then he looks decent. He isn't going to be LT or AP, but he will be a solid back. It is fun to watch him embarrass DBs isn't it?

Lynch is not a great RB, he isn't even good. The fact that we got a draft pick out of the deal is cool in my book. When I saw the highlight, I recognized that it was a great play, but was not impressed. The young man, if he was truly committed to it, could be a great player. However, the term beast mode to me always signified his motivational duplicity. Sometimes he would decide to be beast mode, and other times...........laugh on the sidelines after a fumble.

What's love got to do with it? We "love" our coach, spiller and jackson, but we're at the bottom of the league. We don't love Lynch, Peters, or others...but they are in the playoff. We "hate" Ryan and hes a douche...but he's in the friggin playoffs. You want love? Get a dog. You want a playoff team...get and keep people who can play and find someone who can coach you into the playoffs.

Maybe Gailey will do that...He had some good games toward the last part of the season...but I'm sure not criticizing Ryan or bad mouthing Lynch, Peters or the many other ex bills who are playing in the playoffs after leaving buffalo.

Agreed, shoulda got that 3rd though :wallbash: .

Marshawn Lynch is only 24 years old, and has just finished only his 4th season in the NFL. After 4 seasons, he has run for 3,338 yards with a 3.9 YPC and has scored 23 rushing TD's. He has 115 catches for 808 yards receiving with 1 TD catch. He started strong with the Bills, gaining over 1,000 yards rushing both of his first two seasons. His third year was a bust, starting out with a 4 game suspension for his off the field problems, and the excellence of Freddy Jackson taking his place. But this past season of 2010, despite being in an impossible situation competing with two other "starting" backs for carries in Buffalo and then being traded to the Seahawks, with possibly an even worse offensive line then the Bills, he still gained 737 combined yards with the Bills/Seahawks, with a 3.6 YPC and still scored 6 TD's. That is one more TD then Freddy Jackson scored for the Bills this season.

Looking at the rest of the 2007 draft, Adrian Peterson was taken before Lynch at #7 in round 1, and of course he is headed for a HOF career with the Vikings, as he has compiled over 5,700 rushing yards in his 4 seasons. But after Lynch taken #12 and his 3,300+ yards rushing so far, no other RB is even close, including RB's drafted in the 2nd and 3rd rounds. In fact, you need to check all the way down to the 250th player taken in the '07 draft, Ahmad Bradshaw by the Giants, to find a 3rd RB from the class of '07 to have even run for more then 2,000 total yards in their first 4 seasons. Bradshaw just had his first season over 1,000 yards including a whopping 4.8 YPC Avg, and what an amazing value pick so far down in the 7th round. But he's totaled just over 2,500 yards so far in his 4 year career.

So Marshawn Lynch is far from a bust draft pick as the #12 overall player drafted in the first round in 2007. He was the second RB drafted of his class, and he's gained the 2nd most yards rushing so far in his 4 year career, by over 800 yards more then #3. If he stays out of trouble during his off-seasons in Seattle or where ever else his career may take him, and stays away from serious injury, there is no reason to expect any less of him then 1,000 yards minimum per season behind even a decent NFL line. And at 24, he may have another 8 or more seasons left to play at that level or close to it, if he works out hard.

My point is that Buddy Nix gave him away for almost nothing. Unless Nix lucks out in the 4th round and drafts a special diamond in the rough type player who can eventually make the same type of impact that Lynch is making right now in Seattle and started making for Buffalo his first two years, then Buddy will have been a fool for making that deal with Seattle. And when you have a re-building job as huge as Nix has in Buffalo, you cannot afford to give away your valuable assets for anything less then equal value. OK, I'm dreaming to think any NFL team would have traded Buddy a 1st round pick straight up for Lynch, and that's not what I'm talking about here. Nix should have tried to trade Marshawn during the off-season, and he should have traded him for a need-position player of equal value and not just a draft choice. If no team would have been willing to do that, then no way should he have drafted Spiller at that #9 spot last April! He should have drafted the best QB, OT or DT on his board and left Lynch on the team to play with Freddy as a good 1 - 2 punch.

Lynch wanted out in large part, I believe, because of the Spiller draft. He did not want a 3 way split of the touches.

Given the fact that the Bills drafted Spiller (a mistake in my opinion, but that's another matter) the Bills did the right thing in getting rid of Lynch instead of Jackson. Unfortunately every GM in the league knew the Bills pretty much had to dump 1 running back so it became a buyers market. But C'est la vie.

What don't people get about this? He is a running back who averages 3.5 ypc & has already been suspended by the NFL. Teams aren't beating down the doors for troubled players like that. And given his new drug of choice, it's only a matter of time before he gets in trouble again.

Before the Saints' pathetic tackling display, Lynch's value was nill since he has been in Seattle. Rbs like him are a dime a dozen.

everyone keeps saying that he is a bust in seattle.

first. seattle fans love him

second. MORE IMPORTANT, the o line over there is extremely horrible. YOU ARE RIGHT. he has to struggle just to get to the line of scrimmage. but not by his fault, by protection. that is how bad the line is. plain and simple.

anyway, the trade is done. im still a beast mode fan unless he becomes a patriot or jet.... as a hawk, hes still my boy.

I love how hard Lynch ran too but it was never that effective. He doesn't catch the ball well at all either. Both Spiller & Jackson had a better ypc than Lynch.

I loved the guy until he completely forced the Bills' hand by acting like an idiot off the field. Marshawn Lynch is the reason he isn't on the Bills anymore.

Marshawn Lynch -... Some perspective please

OK.

He made THE play in one of the most stunning upsets in NFL history. The Saints were poised to win that game until his spectacular, MONEY run. What he did before that in Buffalo & Seattle is irrelevant. What he does after doesn't really matter that much either. Marshawn will always be remembered by the millions who watched that game, and all the newer fans to come who will watch it replayed over & over & over again. He is now GOLDEN... sorry, haters.

We have CJ the bust and had to watch our 2 former running backs in the playoffs.

OK.

He made THE play in one of the most stunning upsets in NFL history. The Saints were poised to win that game until his spectacular, MONEY run. What he did before that in Buffalo & Seattle is irrelevant. What he does after doesn't really matter that much either. Marshawn will always be remembered by the millions who watched that game, and all the newer fans to come who will watch it replayed over & over & over again. He is now GOLDEN... sorry, haters.

:thumbsup: