good news we still can draft Andrew Luck

freester

With Buddy in charge I am very pessimistic on the future of the bills. We are keeping an incompetent def coordinator and likely losing Whitner and Poz. Our defense will again be in the bottom of the league. We will keep Kelsay and Kyle Williams, but play them out of there natural positions. I expect another mediocre draft and no impact free agent signings. The good news is we may be picking high enough to get Luck and hopefully Buddy will get fired and a competent GM will be brought in.

• Replies 48
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

With Buddy in charge I am very pessimistic on the future of the bills. We are keeping an incompetent def coordinator and likely losing Whitner and Poz. Our defense will again be in the bottom of the league. We will keep Kelsay and Kyle Williams, but play them out of there natural positions. I expect another mediocre draft and no impact free agent signings. The good news is we may be picking high enough to get Luck and hopefully Buddy will get fired and a competent GM will be brought in.

you might as well give up now and just become a Pats fan

Here's how we get Andrew Luck.

We trade down 3 times in the first round. to #7, to #11 and to somehwere in the 20's.

We get an extra 2nd round pick each time, plus an extra 4th for the 3rd trade.

The we trade the extra 2nd round picks for 1st next year. As a result, we would have 3 first round picks next year. Plus we try to make some other deals and pick up extra picks in the later rounds next year.

We then trade out 3 first rounds, some other picks and player for the 1st overall pick

see easy, then we draft Luck next year!

Here's how we get Andrew Luck.

We trade down 3 times in the first round. to #7, to #11 and to somehwere in the 20's.

We get an extra 2nd round pick each time, plus an extra 4th for the 3rd trade.

The we trade the extra 2nd round picks for 1st next year. As a result, we would have 3 first round picks next year. Plus we try to make some other deals and pick up extra picks in the later rounds next year.

We then trade out 3 first rounds, some other picks and player for the 1st overall pick

see easy, then we draft Luck next year!

or we could start Brohm all 16 games and go winless....lol

Tell me one good move (other than hiring gailey) that nix has made

• fired former Vice President of Pro Personnel John Guy

• hired Pittsburgh's Doug Whaley as the team's new Assistant GM and Director of Pro Personnel

• hired Chan Gailey as the Bills' new head coach; this was Nix's first-ever coaching hire

• Singed free agents DE Dwan Edwards, LB Andre Davis.

- purged the roster of losers like Trent Edwards, Cornell Green, etc....

- signed Shawn Merriman

• fired former Vice President of Pro Personnel John Guy

• hired Pittsburgh's Doug Whaley as the team's new Assistant GM and Director of Pro Personnel

• hired Chan Gailey as the Bills' new head coach; this was Nix's first-ever coaching hire

• Singed free agents DE Dwan Edwards, LB Andre Davis.

- purged the roster of losers like Trent Edwards, Cornell Green, etc....

- signed Shawn Merriman

Purged Cornell Green after signing him in the first place. And purged Edwards after entrusting him with the starting job in OTAs. And Andre Davis was less than spectacular this season.

There's nothing on that list that I feel validates Nix whatsoever.

His first draft and free agent pool, the only real measuring sticks for a GM, were disasters. Outside of Moats and possibly Easley, the draft failed to produce a single play maker. It also failed to address the serious and multiple needs on this team. He reached for Troup, he reached for Spiller, he overpaid for Green, Davis didn't deliver any semblance of stability in the LB corps. This team had so many holes that a blind man throwing darts at a draft board could have had better success in the off season last year than Nix and company did.

Nix was an uninspired and incestious hire. Those who feel otherwise are smitten by down home southern accents and posturing. But me, I'll take results.

Edited by tgreg99

Since you are pessimistic I am opptimistic.

Thanks. Go Bills!

I am pessimistic too...pessimistic that posters will continue to start pessimistic, redundant threads all offseason long rather than simply contributing to the already pessismitic threads, which are numerous on the board.

I bet your one of those hire Shanny kind of guys huh? Do we have to fire every GM in the country for you to figure out that Ralph pulls the trigger? Buddy will make changes and so will Chan. They both look ahead, and have a plan set on who and what to do. When you first walk into a pile of S*** and are told to clean it up, it takes a while to find out what exactly is the pile of s*** and what is actually part of the room. Chan never said we were playoff bound and never said he would turn things around last year. What he did say is he will look at what he has, and when the bullets fly is the only true time is deciding what you have. He found this out with Trent and pulled the trigger, he also saw this with Green and others. For the love of God, please give them time and see what they can do. The superbowl of this year hasn't even been determined and you are already saying we will have the 1st pick of the following years draft. It seems to me when you cleaned the s*** out of the room, some may have gotten into your Wheaties. Let's see if we even have a year next year before we decide it's lost.

or we could start Brohm all 16 games and go winless....lol

yeah we could do that but that's too obvious. My plan let's us try to win and then still get the reward. It would be hard for any team to pass up 3 first round pick plus a couple of other picks.