Singletary

Now that we need a new ILB coach I think Mike Singletary would make a great addition to our staff. Really didn't like him as a head coach but I think he could instill some fire and nastiness which we haven't had since Shane Conlan (are you listening Poz).

Mike Singletary is interviewing with the Vikings for a LBing coach position. He has an association with the HC, Frazier, from their Chicago playing days.

When the Ravens had an opening they interviewed Singletary for the HC position. They ultimately decided to hire Harbaugh, which turned out to be a good decision. The organization felt that Sigletary was too hardnosed and inflexible to deal with today's type of player. They were wise in their assessment.

Edited by JohnC

Mike Singletary is interviewing with the Vikings for a LBing coach position. He has an association with the HC, Frazier, from their Chicago playing days.

When the Ravens had an opening they interviewed Singletary for the HC position. They ultimately decided to hire Harbaugh, which turned out to be a good decision. The organization felt that Sigletary was too hardnosed and inflexible to deal with today's type of player. They were wise in their assessment.

Was singletary ever a DC? If so very short lived. I think he also was the rare position coach to jump to head.

guys don't often (if ever) go from head coach to position coach.

I disagree. This happens all the time. Jauron,Crennel, Weis, Mularkey, Wade Phillips, Greg Williams, Mike Nolan, Jim Fassel, Jim Haslett. Just to name a few. The league is littered with guys with head coaching experience.

Was singletary ever a DC? If so very short lived. I think he also was the rare position coach to jump to head.

I don't believe he was. Singletary was not known for his sophisticated and well rounded approach. There was little nuance to him for a HCing position which requires a lot of nuance. He made a very lucrative living as a fire and brimstone motivational speaker. The Ravens, a very smart organization with one of the most accomplished GMs in the game, Ozzie Newsome, recognized that he didn't have the full complement of attributes necessary to be a successful HC. Smart organizations make smart decisions.