Two possible picks playing tonight

OLB/DE Von Miller for Texas A&M and CB Patrick Peterson for LSU

Should be a good game tonight. Keep your eye on these guys.

Any of you like any other player on these teams for the Bills? Not necessarily at #3 overall...

Edited by DrDankenstein

OLB/DE Von Miller for Texas A&M and CB Patrick Peterson for LSU

Should be a good game tonight. Keep your eye on these guys.

Any of you like any other player on these teams for the Bills? Not necessarily at #3 overall...

Love Miller very much. His production has been very good his last 2 seasons. Could be a very solid #2 or #3 pick. http://sports.espn.go.com/ncf/player/profile?playerId=245254

as for Peterson, I seen a few LSU games & the guy seems to have one bonehead or stupid penalty in each game. Ton of talent but this rubs me the right way. I pray Denver takes him.

and he won't be playing, but I had really high hopes for Jerrod Johnson coming into the season as a potential sleeper qb. He feel completely apart this season.

While many will argue Miller is a reach at #3, he's a very good football player and represents the very best this draft has to offer at the 3-4 OLB position.

17 sacks last year. 10 this year despite an injury early in the season. The Butkus award winner has a bright future.

I think Von Miller projects as an ILB in the NFL. He is maybe 240 and maybe 6-2.

Basically he is maybe 5 pounds heavier and 2 inches shorter than Maybin. (no matter what Maybin is listed at he looks 235 to me)

I like my OLBs to be solidly at or over 250.

An NFL LT can rag doll Von Miller.

I think the kid will perform well in the NFL but he is the Same size as Poz and smaller than Moats he wouldn't be able to be a rush backer in the NFL. Definitely no where near #3 overall.

Mason Foster in the 3rd or 4th is a better value for ILB.

If they take Patrick Peterson over Marcell Dareaus or Cam Newton or Ryan Mallet (Fairely will be gone) I would lose it. I'd have to go buy a Tampa Bay jersey and jump on that bandwagon.

Patrick Peterson will have a great NFL career and it will be extended because he has the size and tacking ability to play safety once he loses a step but, lord-a-mercy not another DB!

Edited by Why So Serious?

I think Von Miller projects as an ILB in the NFL. He is maybe 240 and maybe 6-2.

Basically he is maybe 5 pounds heavier and 2 inches shorter than Maybin. (no matter what Maybin is listed at he looks 235 to me)

I think the kid will perform well in the NFL but he is the Same size as Poz and smaller than Moats he wouldn't be able to be a rush backer in the NFL. Definitely no where near #3 overall.

If they take Patrick Peterson over Marcell Dareaus or Cam Newton or Ryan Mallet (Fairely will be gone) I would lose it. I'd have to go buy a Tampa Bay jersey and jump on that bandwagon.

Patrick Peterson will have a great NFL career and it will be extended because he has the size and tacking ability to play safety once he loses a step but, lord-a-mercy not another DB!

patrick willis is smaller then all those guys but is still a beast...talent is talent

And plays inside.

Thank you NoSaint.

Plus he is not smaller than Poz or Von Miller, Willis is listed at 6-1 240 and looks it, and maybe put on a couple more pounds of muscle.

Von Miller is talented, not as much as Willis IMO, but fact is he is not an NFL OLB.

I don't know why this high scoring, back and forth game is boring me, maybe it's the play by play. Every LSU offensive play looks ugly but somehow it is effective.

This Peterson kid is not impressing me at all.

In fact, at one point they were targeting him! I tried an open mind with this kid going into this game but NO THANKS

Glad you aren't a scout. One half of one game and you're having an open mind?? Dude has been a stud for two years and one half

of one game crosses him off your list? You're a hard audience. LoL

Thank you NoSaint.

Plus he is not smaller than Poz or Von Miller, Willis is listed at 6-1 240 and looks it, and maybe put on a couple more pounds of muscle.

Von Miller is talented, not as much as Willis IMO, but fact is he is not an NFL OLB.

I don't know why this high scoring, back and forth game is boring me, maybe it's the play by play. Every LSU offensive play looks ugly but somehow it is effective.

i believe he is an ilb as well, i like von miller as well and would love if he were a bill

Glad you aren't a scout. One half of one game and you're having an open mind?? Dude has been a stud for two years and one half

of one game crosses him off your list? You're a hard audience. LoL

Nah, I can just see when a player is worth it or not. He hasn't shown me a single thing in a big bowl game. Even his kick off returns arent great. I don't want a slightly better version of McKelvin. I want the next Warren Sapp - Fairley.

Ive hated the idea of drafting a CB or a WR for the Bills all along. This just confirms that feeling.

JUST SAY NO TO DRAFTING A CB!

(p.s. Im sure the kid is talented as hell and it's unfair to judge him on one game but thats what ive got for now. so you can have your peterson if you want bud, but i'll pass)

i believe he is an ilb as well, i like von miller as well and would love if he were a bill

Von Miller is #40 in Red, he just got a sack.

He plays OLB and sometimes puts a hand down at DE for Texas A&M

The NFL is bigger stronger and faster.

Von Miller will be a good NFL ILB and could sometimes shift out for a speed rush but is not an every down NFL OLB

There were a string of posters proposing we reach for him at #3 to play OLB but it's not a good idea there are a ton of good ILB in this draft in every round.

What if they get a DE and OLB during Free Agency? It's too early to say what we don't want in the draft. Don't know how people will perform in the post season

workouts. Don't know who all is declaring for the draft. Don't know what the Bills might or might not do in FA. A lot of variables between now and April.

And unless Mallet has a great combine/pro day he is nowhere near worth the third pick in the draft. Nowhere near.

What if they get a DE and OLB during Free Agency? It's too early to say what we don't want in the draft. Don't know how people will perform in the post season

workouts. Don't know who all is declaring for the draft. Don't know what the Bills might or might not do in FA. A lot of variables between now and April.

And unless Mallet has a great combine/pro day he is nowhere near worth the third pick in the draft. Nowhere near.

It's not too early at all and You can take FA out of the equation before the draft. There is no FA until there is a CBA. There are no talks scheduled to discuss a CBA until after the Super Bowl.

I'm sure there were people that thought Josh Freeman shouldn't be drafted in the Top 10 but I'd trade Marshawn Lynch for Josh Freeman in a heartbeat. Oh wait we already traded him for a 4th.

Watching the game and I agree about Miller. He looks like a safety rushing the passer. I'd be surprised if his playing weight is 230 much less 240. He has good speed and can bend under OT's, but this guy reminds me way too much of Maybin for my liking.

Watching the game and I agree about Miller. He looks like a safety rushing the passer. I'd be surprised if his playing weight is 230 much less 240. He has good speed and can bend under OT's, but this guy reminds me way too much of Maybin for my liking.

I agree. I've heard a lot about Von Miller but really haven't seen him play until tonight. He's pretty quick and all, but he's not very big. He looks more like a big NFL safety (like Steve Atwater). He needs to put on some weight to play with the big boys.