Jason LaCanfora on a rookie cap

Ramius

Just an FYI, LaCanfora was on the Rich Eisen show, and said that a rookie cap would be in place for the 2011 rookie class. He was discussing Luck (prior to luck staying at school) and said that Carolina would save 50 million taking Luck #1 in this year's draft as opposed to Bradford and Stafford in previous seasons because a rookie cap structure will be in play for this year's crop of rookies.

• Replies 41
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

I'll be so relieved when a rookie cap is official. The players should get the same size slice of the pie they're getting now but they need to divert the outrageous rookie wages to the proven vets. Too many busts have set franchises back years and years. Glad it's coming to an end.

No kidding

:wallbash: I've been saying this for the past month, but does anybody believe me? No, but now Jason LaCan!@#$ingfora says so and all of the sudden it's news.

:wallbash: I tell ya I don't get no respect. :wallbash:

Beat ya to it!

Nov 5

The current CBA expires before the draft. Unless you are anticipating a strike or lockout there will be a new CBA in place before the draft--which will likely have a rookie cap.

Are you really going to make me go back and find my earliest reference? Why can't anyone appreciate me for what I am? :cry:

c'mere, buddy....hug it out

Perhaps knowing this is what encouraged Andrew Luck to stay in school and get more practice...

This, plus the potential for there to be no season and have to go the whole year without playing.

why? because he thinks 2012 wont have one or will be higher?

The difference in money wouldn't be a factor, or as large of one.

Edited by Ghost of Rob Johnson

Just an FYI, LaCanfora was on the Rich Eisen show, and said that a rookie cap would be in place for the 2011 rookie class. He was discussing Luck (prior to luck staying at school) and said that Carolina would save 50 million taking Luck #1 in this year's draft as opposed to Bradford and Stafford in previous seasons because a rookie cap structure will be in play for this year's crop of rookies.

who does he think he is kreskin?

he can only make that statement if there is a cba in place before the draft and he has no way of knowing that.

so i wouldn't put much stock into his comments. that leaves 90 plus days to get a new CBA when they couldnt reach one in the last year.

i feel they will reach a deal but to make a statement like this is very unprofessional because he has no idea that a new CBA will be in place before the draft.

Luck is also taking a major chance,he can always go back and get his degree. if there is no cba and he blows 60 million guaranteed he is going to look like a total id-ot next year when he gets 5 million instead of 60 million guaranteed.

it makes no sense to me but its a free country if it were me i would take the 6o million and he could be set for life and then go get his degree,(like after getting 60 million he would actually be getting a normal job when he retires from the NFL,yea right)

IMO its a absolute brain dead move by luck,who doesn't need 60 million dollars.

who does he think he is kreskin?

he can only make that statement if there is a cba in place before the draft and he has no way of knowing that.

so i wouldn't put much stock into his comments. that leaves 90 plus days to get a new CBA when they couldnt reach one in the last year.

i feel they will reach a deal but to make a statement like this is very unprofessional because he has no idea that a new CBA will be in place before the draft.

Luck is also taking a major chance,he can always go back and get his degree. if there is no cba and he blows 60 million guaranteed he is going to look like a total id-ot next year when he gets 5 million instead of 60 million guaranteed.

it makes no sense to me but its a free country if it were me i would take the 6o million and he could be set for life and then go get his degree,(like after getting 60 million he would actually be getting a normal job when he retires from the NFL,yea right)

IMO its a absolute brain dead move by luck,who doesn't need 60 million dollars.

No, it makes perfect sense. The 2011 draft will happen regardless if a new CBA is in place or not. If there is no CBA, none of the 2011 rookies will sign until a new CBA is agreed upon. And the new CBA will have a rookie cap.