Blaine Gabbert going Pro

Stl Bills

He will never make round 2. He will be gone in the top 10 picks especially if Luck stays in college.

He is a great fit for a team that is improving and he can sit for one year. That would normally make him a late round 1 or early 2, but times have changed.

He would not have declared if the feedback he got was later than round one.

He must’ve gotten a good report back from the NFL projection committee group or whatever that group is called.

Does anyone know if that list is published or is it kept private? I know it was announced last year that Locker didn’t get a 1st round grade and that’s a big reason why he went back, but did he let that slip in a presser or was it officially announced?

Getting this guy at the top of the 2nd would be ideal for us. He can sit a year or 2 behind Fitz. He has the measureables, he just needs to put in the work in reading defenses and making smart decisions, which is what Fitz is very good at.

Getting this guy at the top of the 2nd would be ideal for us. He can sit a year or 2 behind Fitz. He has the measureables, he just needs to put in the work in reading defenses and making smart decisions, which is what Fitz is very good at.

I'm sure we'll get into this more in the off season. but is there any evidence that sitting helps a quarterback improve more than playing? I mean actual evidence, not anecdotal stuff. I'd even take a strong logical argument.

He will never make round 2. He will be gone in the top 10 picks especially if Luck stays in college.

He is a great fit for a team that is improving and he can sit for one year. That would normally make him a late round 1 or early 2, but times have changed.

What about Jimmy Clausen and Aaron Rogers? One made it way into Rd 2, the other came damn close. Both were considered top 10 picks at this point in the year with one (Rogers) considered by many to be the consensus number 1 pick. They both entered the draft as juniors and also must have received 1st round feedback in order to leave early. Not saying I don't agree with you that he'll probably be gone, but its still early and crazier stuff has happened.

Edited by Stl Bills

ESPN reporting Gabbert received a 1st round grade from the NFL Advisory Committee. Scouts Inc. has him as their 20th overall prospect. It is not completely impossible for him to slide a little depending on which other QBs declare and how many are picked in the 1st round. No one thought Clausen would drop and he was considered a sure fire top 10 pick last year.

http://espn.go.com/blog/ncfnation/post/_/id/37118/gabberts-successor-not-necessarily-a-given

McShay had him as the #2 QB in the draft. The kid has talent but he has never blown me away. But it just goes to show the power that analyst who never worked a day in a NFL front office have. McShay pimped Jevan Snead and they didn't get drafted and got cut in camp.

I hope he's better in the pros than Chase Daniel. He also had prolific numbers at MO.

Gabbert is 6'5" and 230lbs and he has a well above average arm. Daniel goes 6'1" and he does not have an average arm (IMO).

There's more to being an NFL QB than that but it's a start.

Maybe the pending rookie cap had something to do with it.

Any player drafted in April won't be signed until a new CBA is in place. That CBA will include a rookie scale/cap so I don't think that has anything to do with Gabbert's decision.

I keep hearing that the rookie cap wasn't supposed to go into effect intil 2012.

Edited by jjmac

I hope he's better in the pros than Chase Daniel. He also had prolific numbers at MO.

Umm, Chase Daniel hasn't even had a chance to prove himself in the Pros yet...the guy backs up Drew Brees for god's sake. I think he'll eventually start somewhere. I think he's in a great situation learning from Brees, and although he's short he does have a good arm (its not Elway-like but its above average). Just my two cents though. Hell the one time he got any work against a number one defense was this preseason when he played a whole quarter against the Texans' starters and all he did was throw 3 TDs in one quarter.

I believe the draft advisory board's grades are not publicly released (of course they are routinely leaked).

From what I've seen McShay's very high rating for gabbert is an anomaly. I haven't seen any other mock sites or draft articles rating him up there at #2 qb. This isn't new for McShay, who has had some wild projections in the past, but he seems to know what he's talking about for the most part. Gabbert is surely worth a long look from the bills.

I believe the draft advisory board's grades are not publicly released (of course they are routinely leaked).

From what I've seen McShay's very high rating for gabbert is an anomaly. I haven't seen any other mock sites or draft articles rating him up there at #2 qb. This isn't new for McShay, who has had some wild projections in the past, but he seems to know what he's talking about for the most part. Gabbert is surely worth a long look from the bills.

http://profootballtalk.nbcsports.com/2010/03/31/todd-mcshay-backlash-builds/

He routinely gets blasted for being wrong. McShay is terrible.