Anyone seen this mock prediction?

beggar13

right..Carolina is just itching to take on Evans $9 million per year salary...

if Carolina trades that pick for anything less than a boatload of draft picks they are retarded...

Lee isn't scheduled to get paid $9mil next year. I thought I read it is less than half of that?

• Replies 40
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Days

Top Posters In This Topic

hmm if this happen then Carolina made a smart move.. they would have Steve smith,Lee Evans and draft A.J Green.. three nice little WR's.. Then if i was Caroline, I would try too move down in the draft too draft Jake Locker if he still on the draft board..

right..Carolina is just itching to take on Evans $9 million per year salary...

if Carolina trades that pick for anything less than a boatload of draft picks they are retarded...

You do realize that Lee is only making $4 mil this year? The average salary per year does not equal the actual salary per year.

Hell to the NO. As I don't mind shipping Evans but shipping McKelvin is too much especially with Florence due to be an UFA and questions surrounding McGee. Again if we're going to take a QB make it the final piece of the puzzle not the first piece. First and foremost this D has to find a true blue pass rusher. Robert Quinn is interesting at pick 3 but I think we'd be better suited to trade down. In my mock pick at #3 I suggested we trade down and then take Ryan Kessler at pick 12. I realize it's a bit higher then most have him predicted so far but he's been an above average pass rusher at Purdue and fits the mold of a guy who could play DE in a 4-3 or possibly 3-4 at OLB. Perhaps I should have predicted Von Miller.

Exactly my thoughts... we cannot afford to trade-up. CB will become an instant problem position to add to the mess.

Plus the pick that we give Carolina for next year on this proposed trade will be the 2012 #1 overall if we pull the trigger on this scenario. No trades that involve next year's #1 pick as we'll be lamenting how stupid we were same time next year!

Edited by cage

No. Jeez we need a TON of help in every flipping position. It's not even about McFumbles and Lee as it is about another 1st we give away when we should be stockpiling picks and getting more help with multiple 2nd and 3rd round picks. I know a franchise QB is "worth it", but how the hell do we know he's a franchise QB? I mean... he's good, but is the California kid all that? I remember how Tim Couch was a cant miss... as was Ryan Leaf, as was David Carr, etc, etc...

This is what keeps us in the cellar.

ridiculous, will never happen. first off, the league is wise to the horribly flawed strategy of loading up on WRs ... Bengals had best WRs and they were a bust. A top QB with some protection can put up big #'s with just about any set of NFL WRs. Panthers have no interest in losing Luck for Evans and McKelvin has no value. 2nd of all, Nix/Gailey are no where as bold to attempt such a maneuver.

what this exercise does however is identify just how costly those 2 extra wins of ours were. :angry::wallbash::censored:

Edited by Joe_the_6_pack

Interesting, but I doubt it's enough to move up to #1. McKelvin, although a Bills 31 pick probably rates no more than a 5th rounder now. Evans lack of production probably rates him as a 4th rounder, maybe a low 3rd. The Bills need much to much other than QB to be making this kind of trade.

This is what keeps us in the cellar.

I'd like the person who knew that Peyton Manning (1), Donovan McNabb, Chad Pennington, Michael Vick (1), Eli Manning (1), Philip Rivers, Ben Roethlisberger, Jay Cutler, Aaron Rodgers, Matt Ryan, Joe Flacco, Josh Freeman, Sam Bradford (1), and would be hits...

AND that Ryan Leaf, Tim Couch (1), Akili Smith, Duante Culpepper, Cade McNown, David Carr (1), Joey Harrington, Patrick Ramsey, Carson Palmer (1), Byron Leftwich, Kyle Boller, Rex Grossman, JP Losman, Alex Smith (1), Jason Campbell, Vince Young, Matt Leinert, JaMarcus Russell (1), Brady Quinn, would be first round busts

Stand up, identify yourself, explain your methodology and why you're not being paid $10M/year as a consultant to NFL teams for their draft

BTW, those are all the Round 1 QBs taken since 1998 in the first round when Peyton Manning was selected. excluded Matthew Stafford and Mark Sanchez as not sure where they'll fall yet

Incidentally, that's 13 hits and 19 misses (40%). Among #1 picks overall its 4 hits and 5 misses (slightly better 44% rate)

I'm not saying we shouldn't draft Luck if he falls to us somehow, but trading up is way too big a risk to even consider. Anybody who can pick QBs with such certainty would be a freelance consultant to NFL teams making very BIG dollars.

Reading bleacher report will rot your brain. Don't believe ANYTHING you read over there

Especially tongue-in-cheek mocks drafts containing ridiculous, totally fictitious trades and written by TBD/TSW members and/or rabid Bills fans, seemingly just to mess with the minds of Andrew Luck fans! :rolleyes:

Edited by The Senator