Professional's Opinion on Luck Per ESPN Radio

Thoner7

The only trade I'd make with them is Kyle Williams and Lee Evans to swap spots; assuming they will still play a 4-3 with the new regime they may go for it. It weakens us defensively, but that's why we drafted Troup and Carrington. Along with Edwards we have our DL and then we need the RT (2nd), an ilb (3rd) who can cover (don't think D Harris does that much), probably a rotational NT and a TE in round 4. Or we could eliminate some of those needs in FA.

In 2012 we fill in whatever holes are left and away we go.

Why no, I haven't been smoking, thanks for asking!

• Replies 64
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

If he declares I believe Carolina willdefinitely take A. Luck. I am very wary of making claims and predictions concerning the pro career of any college athlete, but I subscribe to the (still minority) thinking that Luck is not just the legit # 1, but very possibly a once in a decade type of talent at that all important position and one that nobody can pass on.

Wouldn't it be funny if both Jim Harbaugh and Luck ended up to Carolina. I know it is reported that the Broncos and Niners have expressed the most interest in Harbaugh, but I wouldn't be completely shocked to see him coaching in Charlotte next season.

well the owner of the panthers today in his presser said that Harbaigh will not be his coach next year and they will be going after a NFL assistent coach. take it for what its worth.

CHARLOTTE, N.C. -- If Stanford quarterback Andrew Luck decides to enter the 2011 draft, the Carolina Panthers will take him, two high-ranking team officials said Tuesday.

A redshirt sophomore, Luck finished his season in Monday night's Discover Orange Bowl and has until Jan. 15 to declare if he will enter the draft. Although there have been reports indicating Luck may choose to stay in college, the Panthers remain optimistic he will turn pro.

Luck is viewed as the top prospect in the country by most draft analysts and the Panthers don't disagree with that assessment. The team officials said they wouldn't even consider trading down in the draft if Luck is available.

http://sports.espn.go.com/nfl/draft2011/news/story?id=5988254

Wonder if the Bills would trade away their second round pick to move down two slots to get Luck. Probably a crazy idea but heck they given away picks before.

Which is not all bad....

Maybe not ALL bad, but pretty bad lol.

I think some of you guys forgot, but we HAD Bledsoe here as our QB...how did that work out again?

Laughable at best. No ONE is worth trading 2 whole NFL drafts for. C'mon already? Where's the common sense. I'm all for the Bills drafting him. But anyone can be a career ending injury away from never playing the game. God forbid that would happen, but No coach or GM is gonna sacrifice an entire 2 years worth of picks for 1 player. That would be career suicide.

+1

Please with this guy if he falls to the 3rd pick, then yeah we grab him thats about it (PERIOD). You can't tell me that Stanford dominated Va. Tech because of Luck tho, superior coaching, discipline and talent prevailed. And not just at the QB position btw, hell their no name running backs avg 30 yd per carry ( is he the next A. Peterson?). C'mon Va. Tech is a small, fast defense that was dominated at the LOS and became susceptible to the play action pass. Tell me how many of those passes were actually fit in a tight window (his throwing motion at times look like a shot put), believe me I think Luck is a heck of a prospect but please get off his tip. And may I add that until the 2nd half most of those early pass were (should I say) check-downs. You even heard Grudin say he wanted to see Luck challenge them down the field because in the first half there were opportunities.

would this be a bit of pre-draft strategy to drive the price up? we're taking luck? but we'll offer a 1st and 2nd? we're taking luck. but we'll offer 2 firsts? we're taking luck. how about 3 firsts? sold!

Wouldn't we be better off to just lose the next 48 games and have 3 #1-overall picks? :unsure:

The only way we'll ever get better is to lose every game!!! :doh:

GO BILLSSS!!!!

Improving our lot with each and every loss!!!!! :bag:

Wouldn't we be better off to just lose the next 48 games and have 3 #1-overall picks? :unsure:

If we're going to do that, let's just go ahead and lose every game for the next 20 years, and then we can draft Andrew Luck, Jr! Then maybe we can actually stop talking about it :wallbash:

Yea, I don't think anyone is disputing that Luck is the consensus #1 overall pick if he comes out. The problem is that the Bills are picking #3.

It's conceivable that Luck could fall to us at #3. Carolina has a ton of money in Clausen and a host of other needs. Denver won't spend another #1 on a QB with Tebow. Then Luck falls to us at #3. If that happens, you know Nix will get a lot of phone calls.

Edited by jjmac

It's conceivable that Luck could fall to us at #3. Carolina has a ton of money in Clausen and a host of other needs. Denver won't spend another #1 on a QB with Tebow. Then Luck falls to us at #3. If that happens, you know Nix will get a lot of phone calls.

The Panthers have little to no money invested in Clausen, 6M total over 4 years and that's with a lot of incentives, he's only guaranteed a little over 2M. Plus they already said they will draft Luck first. He's not falling to 3rd.

Luck plays in an ideal conference for putting up numbers at QB (especially this year). He also had a pretty rough game against the Ducks who don't sport any kind of killer D. I'm thinkin' the hype train is getting carried away on this kid. I'm not seeing the kind of arm on him that Bradford and Stafford have. Also, if you watched the Orange Bowl last night, you know he's not going to be getting those kinds of pockets in the NFL (where ever he goes). I'll be interested to see where Mike Mayock has this guy.

Even when he was pressured he slid to his right and threw a TD. The kid could come in and start anywhere. He is thta good.

He would rival some of the top qbs in the NFL right now IMO