Ryan Fitzpatrick screwed the Bills over

JPicc2114

Im pretty pissed off that Chan Gailey is probably not going to take a QB high in the draft because Ryan Fitzpatrick had a descent year. I would have rather had a hugh flop at QB this year so we could finally draft the high first round pick that this franchise has needed for years. Fitz's play has prevented the Bills from hitting rock bottom and now it looks like we will have 2-3 more years of flopping around with no direction. Fitzpatrick does not win football games.

• Replies 66
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

As sad as it was to watch the Bills this year, Fitzpatrick made watching at least a little enjoyable. I was amazed how he did something with the nothing that the team was. Can you imagine watching any more games with either Trent Edwards or Brian Brohm as the QB. The games they played were unwatchable.

Fitzpatrick is certainly not Tom Brady, Payton Manning, or even Drew Breese, but her is also not the worst QB in the league. At least i could watch the team on offense when he played. Could not when he did not.

I've got a feeling that we'll take a QB, if only because Ralph made his statement eariler in the season about drafting one. If indeed he has input on our selection (which many of us assume) you know he wants a franchise QB. Unless, of course, Buddy and Co can convince him that a franchise guy will slip to them in Round 2 (only if Buddy wants to go non-QB with the Round 1 pick, that is). I doubt Buddy and Ralph think Fitz is the answer.

Im pretty pissed off that Chan Gailey is probably not going to take a QB high in the draft because Ryan Fitzpatrick had a descent year. I would have rather had a hugh flop at QB this year so we could finally draft the high first round pick that this franchise has needed for years. Fitz's play has prevented the Bills from hitting rock bottom and now it looks like we will have 2-3 more years of flopping around with no direction. Fitzpatrick does not win football games.

Step back from the ledge chief. Let's just hope the offense can build on the successes they had this year while we focus more on this team's real issue, the horrendous defense. I sincerely hope that we focus on the D line and the linebackers early in the draft and free agency. Then if Fitz proves he's really not good enough to take the team to the next level we can get a new QB in a year or two. If Luck proves to be an All Pro in 5 years then we can regret it then, but I think focusing on the defense is what we need to do right now.

and Fitz play may have kept the Bills from winning a few more games too.

13 games and 4 wins.... I think that says it ALL.

Funny, I don't recall seeing Fitz play defense this year...and no, I am not a Fitz apologist...just sayn.

I've got a feeling that we'll take a QB, if only because Ralph made his statement eariler in the season about drafting one. If indeed he has input on our selection (which many of us assume) you know he wants a franchise QB. Unless, of course, Buddy and Co can convince him that a franchise guy will slip to them in Round 2 (only if Buddy wants to go non-QB with the Round 1 pick, that is). I doubt Buddy and Ralph think Fitz is the answer.

Based on point value of draft picks, giving Carolina our 1 and 2 this year,plus our 1 next year gets us their 1 this year. I say do it. Get the kid. Or lose to the Pats and Jets 4 times a year for 5 MORE years... we need a top 10 QB to compete in our division and conference. Fitz is good, but is not that.

Based on point value of draft picks, giving Carolina our 1 and 2 this year,plus our 1 next year gets us their 1 this year. I say do it. Get the kid. Or lose to the Pats and Jets 4 times a year for 5 MORE years... we need a top 10 QB to compete in our division and conference. Fitz is good, but is not that.

We lost the Pats and Jets 4 times a year because we could,nt stop the run, rush the passer, or take all ball away. A rookie QB would loose also.

Given Fitz's numbers, I thought this year he ascended. Then again, ascending/descending, it's all relative.

would the Bills really have been worse then the Panthers? and if they would have been what if Luck doesnt declare then what?

Bills need to address both lines