Forget Fairley

Justice

Move to a 43, trade a 4th for Haynesworth and draft Bowers. Low risk/high reward, IMO. Haynesworth already received the bulk of his money up front and will come cheap. Bowers will be the perfect DE next to AH, KW and Dwan Edwards.

Draft a LBer in the second and re-sign Poz. Our front seven should be pretty stout if we get lucky with a healthy Merriman and a motivated Haynesworth.

Here's what our front seven will look like:

Bowers, Williams, Haynesworth, and Edwards

Poz, Moats, and Merriman

I like it!

Edited by b.harami98

Move to a 43, trade a 4th for Haynesworth and draft Bowers. Low risk/high reward, IMO. Haynesworth already received the bulk of his money up front and will come cheap. Bowers will be the perfect DE next to AH, KW and Dwan Edwards.

Draft a LBer in the second and re-sign Poz. Our front seven should be pretty stout if we get lucky with a healthy Merriman and a motivated Haynesworth.

Poz, Moats, and Merriman

I like it!

On paper that looks great, but can Merriman play outside OLB in a 4-3? Not sure about that. Where's Moats go? Remember how he looked in pass coverage during the preseason.

Don't like Haynesworth. He has a real chance to destroy team chemistry and character- one of the few strong points on the team. Also, while I think Poz can play 4-3 OLB there is no way that Merriman can (if you think Poz is bad in coverage...) and I doubt that Moats has the range or the experience to be a MLB although you never know. The LB group is very sketchy.

Don't like Haynesworth. He has a real chance to destroy team chemistry and character- one of the few strong points on the team. Also, while I think Poz can play 4-3 OLB there is no way that Merriman can (if you think Poz is bad in coverage...) and I doubt that Moats has the range or the experience to be a MLB although you never know. The LB group is very sketchy.

You may be right about Merriman at OLB in a 43. I didn't give that much thought, I guess.

Poz, Moats, and Merriman

I like it!

Push Merriman to DE instead of Edwards and draft a LB like Greg Jones- keep thinking outside the box because professional GM thinking has us 4-12 with no playoffs for 11 years.

keep thinking outside the box because professional GM thinking has us 4-12 with no playoffs for 11 years.

I'd be hesitant to call much of what we've seen this decade to be "professional" GM thnking

Push Merriman to DE instead of Edwards and draft a LB like Greg Jones- keep thinking outside the box because professional GM thinking has us 4-12 with no playoffs for 11 years.

That could work!

I like bowers and would love that pick at 3. But i think you may be the only one left on earth that would use haynesworth and "low risk" in the same sentence. I have no idea why you would still think that after what has happened recently.

You really want the bills to pay that guy's huge salary after his loony antics the past couple of years?

You may be right about Merriman at OLB in a 43. I didn't give that much thought, I guess.

actually, they've played alot of 4-3-Over & 4-3-Under the latter part of season. 4 down linemen w/ Moats standing on the line, either the strong or weak end.

So you could have that combo, w/ either Moats or Merriman as the OLB on the line, and Poz & Akin (or upgrade) behind the line.

wouldnt want haynesworth tho.

Edited by dgrid

Poz, Moats, and Merriman

I like it!

Are you insane?! Hanynesworth is the laziest most worthless piece of s#!t out there, that guy couldn't play every down when he was good and know you want to bring him here. Besides he is getting cut and you wont have to trade for him. Bowers is overrated, takes plays off and was underwhelming in the bowl game.

Stay with the 34, draft Marcell Dareus at end, 355 NT Phil Taylor and OLB Jeremy Beal and we would be set.

Edited by Buffalo Barbarian

I have a feeling that Haynesworth will end up in Detroit, reunited with his former DC Jim Schwartz. That also would give Detroit one of the best interior DL's in football with Suh and Haynesworth. Fisher is likely going to be the odd man out in Tennessee so I don't expect him to return there.

Are you insane?! Hanynesworth is the laziest most worthless piece of s#!t out there, that guy couldn't play every down when he was good and know you want to bring him here. Besides he is getting cut and you wont have to trade for him. Bowers is overrated, takes plays off and was underwhelming in the bowl game.

Stay with the 34, draft Marcell Dareus at end, 355 NT Phil Taylor and OLB Jeremy Beal and we would be set.

Haynesworth is a load of dung. The omnly year he had in which he tried at all was the year he was gearing up for a big payday. Being close to redskin country, you could not believe how much of a waste of talent he is. He's lazy and only works for Albert. He makes T.O. look like a team player.

Hanesworth will start for some team and do his best to show that coach Shanny was wrong about him.

But that "I play when I want to play" Randy Moss attitude, skipping practices, pouting, and media antics I would try to avoid if I were rebuilding a team.

I have to agree with H2O above though, if reunited with his former coach in Detroit they would have the makings of an awesome interior line.

Poz, Moats, and Merriman

Are you out of your mind!!!! Haynesworth!!!!!! He's a cancer that will kill a team. There was one play that I saw where he was too lazy to even get up!!! The Bills NEED to draft Fairly IMMEDIATELY, team him up with Williams, re-sign Poz who will immediately become a better player with those 2 in fromt of him. They still need another LB and DE, but that would be the start towards the decent "D" that we need.

Gailey stated yesterday that we are not going to be an exclusive 3-4 or 4-3 team. I'm not sure that's a good idea but that is the current plan. The Bills need talent up front period. I don't care what scheme it is. Take Fairley and build around him.

I'd prefer Barry Coefield from NY. He's a free agent and I think he's do well in the 3-4 at End. Then we could go rush linebacker with that first pick of ours. Robert Quinn comes to mind. We could probably even move back a few spots to snag Quinn with an extra pick or two. Let a team in the lower part of the top 10 move up to get Dareus or Newton.

Watch this beast against Anthony Castonzo (a 1st or 2nd round NFLer himself).