VaTech vs Stanford

Virgil

Goo Goo Dolls?? Crap band for a crap game.

And what was with those idiots in the costumes dancing around to that bad music?

I am glad Stanford won. I hate VT football.

Despite the folksy image he tries to protray, Frank Beamer is a scumbag and he runs a thug program

Edited by Bills99999

• Replies 58
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Goo Goo Dolls?? Crap band for a crap game.

C'mon man no love for a Buffalo Band? Hey I'm not a fan either so lets go with another local band Stemm

And what was with those idiots in the costumes dancing around to that bad music?

Despite the folksy image he tries to protray, Frank Beamer is a scumbag and he runs a thug program

Evidence?

He's one of the best QB prospects we've seen since Peyton and anybody who claims not to like him is just desperate for attention.

Amen Brother!

+1

Clearly Luck is the best traditional NFL QB in this draft and perhaps the best to come along in several years. I was very impressed with some of his throws against Virginnia Tech. However, he had all day to make those throws. The entire Stanford team was overpowering. Did anyone see the Stanford vrs Oregon game?

It will be very interesting to compare Newton and Luck against Oregon, that will go a long way in forming my opinion about Newton as my number 1.

Edited by Trader

Clearly Luck is the best traditional NFL QB in this draft and perhaps the best to come along in several years. I was very impressed with some of his throws against Virginnia Tech. However, he had all day to make those throws. The entire Stanford team was overpowering. Did anyone see the Stanford vrs Oregon game?

It will be very interesting to compare Newton and Luck against Oregon, that will go a long way in forming my opinion about Newton as my number 1.

This. The ACC was weak this year, as usual. VT lost to Boise in what was essentially a home game for them, and if I'm not mistaken, didn't they also lose to a D-2 school?

Meanwhile, when Luck played the best of the best, he looked average.

How will he fare against NFL caliber defenses is a shot in the dark. He could be peyton, he could be leaf. No one knows.

Evidence?

Being a VT fan, I'll bite. I am curious why you think that, Bills999999999999?

This. The ACC was weak this year, as usual. VT lost to Boise in what was essentially a home game for them, and if I'm not mistaken, didn't they also lose to a D-2 school?

Lost to FBS Div I-A James Madison. And yeah, VT beat nine ACC teams, but I'll be the first to admit that this is no huge accomplishment. The ACC is just not that great. And I'll add that VT is also consistently overrated.

That being said, they were also very close to a 13-0 season, given very close losses to Boise State and JMU. Oh well.... Go Hokies!

Luck played extremely well vrs Oregon. They were 1 or 2 plays away from winning that game. Considering how they were horribly overmatched in speed among other things it was pretty impressive. You also cannot compare Lucks game to Newtons like that, it’s just different styles.

Luck clearly should be #1.

Meanwhile, when Luck played the best of the best, he looked average.

How will he fare against NFL caliber defenses is a shot in the dark. He could be peyton, he could be leaf. No one knows.

Ok so he plays great vrs VT, great vrs Oregon, great vrs Ariz … who are your best of the best? Its college football and as much as you wanna talk down those teams those are some top teams. I wish the BCS lined them up vrs ‘Bama or LSU but they didn’t. He has crushed vrs who he has played and he has played a couple of top teams in college football.

Luck clearly should be #1.

There is no doubt that Luck is the number rated qb prospect. With respect to the Bills that is not the issue. If the Bills are not in position to draft him, which is probably the case, then the next question is whether Newton is a viable option as a franchise qb? I believe he is.

In every game I have watched Newton play in the talent rich SEC conference he was the most impactful player on the field. Does this mean that his athletic talents will transfer to the NFL? This is what our scouts have to determine. If the Bills pass on a potential franchise qb when they had an opportunity to acquire him then the franchise's destiny could be negatively impacted for the next decade.

The Bills are in the advantangeous position of having an adequate qb (Fitz) for CN to understudy under. In my view, the Bills need to seize the opportunity and shake up this very tired and staid franchise and go for it.

I like Andrew Luck, but am I the only one that thinks the whole package of Luck and especially the thought of Harbaugh coaching in the NFL are overhyped?

I am with you on that one. I am also concerned that Luck plays with a knee brace.

Luck is good, no doubt...but it always amazes me how much bigger the field looks in college games. Alot of it has to do with the defense closing speed in the NFL. You gotta make quicker decisions and if you scramble, watch out. Luck tip-toed away a few times when he would get drilled in the NFL. So we'll see about Mr. Luck but he definitely has the tools. I'm not gonna say he's the best prospect "in ages" because that is overhype.

Anyone else think that Jim Harbuagh seems like a douche? he's always b*tching at the refs calls or something going on...always muttering in anger on the sidelines. He does not seem in control to me. He seems like a fan coaching. Maybe it's his spat with Jim Kelly that makes me think he's an idiot... and now i see his demeanor on the sidelines and i have no respect for him even though he obviously did a great job with Stanford.

I have to admit the guy is pretty good. But come on haven't we seen showings like this from Vince Young,Ryan Leaf, Jamarcus Russell, hell Colt McCoy and what's his face Colt Brennan or something like that were all pretty damn good college QB's. But it didn't translate or hasn't gone that way in the NFL.. I will wait to judge him as a pro not college player, the Pros are 10steps ahead..

C'mon man no love for a Buffalo Band? Hey I'm not a fan either so lets go with another local band Stemm

youtube.com/watch?v=4BJi4127lfY&feature=related

Evidence?

Amen Brother!

Stemm, huh?

Great original sound like I never heard before. The palm muting sounds so semi-demonic, and I really like their liberal use of 5th chords as if to say "Screw the other four strings...We don;t need 'em"...I really like that one part of the song that sounds like they are underwater in some lake in the middle of hell....I also like the vocals that make them sound like they are devils and stuff...

Evidence Frank Beamer runs a thug program...just a couple names for now

1. Michael Vick

2. Marcus Vick

3. Brandon Ore

4. Jim Rapenmiller (Drunkenmiller)

5. Macho Harris

6. Tony Morrison

Edited by Bills99999