13. Detroit (6-10)

14. St. Louis (7-9)

15. Miami (7-9)

16. Jacksonville (8-8)

17. New England (from Oakland 8-8)

18. San Diego (9-7)

19. New York Giants (10-6)

20. Tampa Bay (10-6)

Carolina is expected to take Luck, but there have been reports that Panthers owner Jerry Richardson wants to stick with Clausen. Denver traded for Tebow last year. If by some chance Luck fell to #3, you have at least 4 Top 10 teams I would consider desperate for a QB. Even if Newton or Mallett was at #3 could we find a partner willing to offer a treasure trove of picks?

PTR

Buddy was in San Diego when they traded down from #1 to #3 and got LT. He was there when they picked Manning #1 overall and traded with the Giants.

On draft day, anything is possible. If we could get our guy, AND pick up even an extra 2nd round pick, I'd be ecstatic.

Who knows, maybe use that extra pick to trade back into the first and grab an OT?!?

PTR - I say draft "D" all the way but you gotta take Luck if he's there at #3. Just for the sanity and protection of our beloved TSW posters! There'd be blood running down drains from the slit wrists from TSW. The wailing alone would scare dogs and squirrels for miles.

Here is the order as of now:

1. Carolina (2-14)

2. Denver (4-12)

3. Buffalo (4-12)

4. Cincinnati (4-12)

5. Arizona (5-11)

6. Cleveland (5-11)

7. San Francisco (6-10)

8. Tennessee (6-10)

9. Dallas (6-10)

10. Washington (6-10)

11. Houston (6-10)

12. Minnesota (6-10)

13. Detroit (6-10)

14. St. Louis (7-9)

15. Miami (7-9)

16. Jacksonville (8-8)

18. San Diego (9-7)

20. Tampa Bay (10-6)

Carolina is expected to take Luck, but there have been reports that Panthers owner Jerry Richardson wants to stick with Clausen. Denver traded for Tebow last year. If by some chance Luck fell to #3, you have at least 4 Top 10 teams I would consider desperate for a QB. Even if Newton or Mallett was at #3 could we find a partner willing to offer a treasure trove of picks?

PTR

I was thinking the same thing. Champ Bailey is expected to leave, creating a huge hole at corner for Broncos, Houston needs a corner bad. With the QBs, its going to be which teams like which QBs, but theres plenty of teams desperate for a QB like the Cards, Skins, I think the Jags have had enough of Garrard, the Vikes, Bengals maybe thinking past Palmer, do the 49ers want another year of the Smiths, the Dolphins can't like what they see in Henne. I think in this years draft there are plenty of dancing partners for a trade down.

I think AJ Green and Patrick Peterson are two prime targets for teams to trade up to the #3 spot. The Rams at pick 14 come to mind first. I am down for trading down to 14, getting an additional 2nd and 4th. Maybe land Von Miller or Cameron Hayward or Gabe Carimi. Someone is going to slide to 14, and I think it is a good trade for both teams. The Rams would then have AJ Green, Stephen Jackson, Sam Bradford (and a returning Donnie Avery). ANd the Bills could stock pile players in rounds 2-4(dont forget about that Marshawn pick)

16. Jacksonville (8-8)

18. San Diego (9-7)

20. Tampa Bay (10-6)

Can't beleive that the Seahawks could be 7-9 and have a chance to win a superbowl :doh::wallbash:

Thank God Oakland kinda showed up this year. If the Pats ended up #3 and the Bills #4 I wouldve been furious.

And the Seahawks really dont have a chance to win a SB. :thumbsup:

PTR - I say draft "D" all the way but you gotta take Luck if he's there at #3. Just for the sanity and protection of our beloved TSW posters! There'd be blood running down drains from the slit wrists from TSW. The wailing alone would scare dogs and squirrels for miles.

I don't know about that .... it seems to me that everybody drafting from #4 through #12 (with the possible exception of Dallas and Houston) would be chomping at the bit to give the Bills the key to their kingdom to swap picks with us if Luck was still available..

It just may be too good a deal to pass up since Fitz has shown he is "sevicable" ... I'd sure be happy if we were able to stop somebodys running game .... anybodys, as well as shore up our O-line a bit more.... and maybe be able to sack a QB once in a while.

Edited by macaroni

It's always pretty hard to trade down from this head-of-the-draft slots. Plus, from limited history, it seems like Buddy might not be a big wheel and deal kind of guy.

I'm guessing we'll make our pick at #3, and my fingers are crossed for Luck (huge longshot) or possibly Newton.

Edit: There is also a reason why so many teams would give up a king's ransom to acquire Andrew Luck - most teams aren't thrilled with bottom third of the league QBs and recognize the vital importance of elite-level quarterback play. So yeah, you have to take him if you can - but he'll go #1 almost certainly if he declares.

Edited by akm0404

1. Carolina (2-14)

2. Denver (4-12)

3. Buffalo (4-12)

4. Cincinnati (4-12)

5. Arizona (5-11)

6. Cleveland (5-11)

7. San Francisco (6-10)

8. Tennessee (6-10)

9. Dallas (6-10)

10. Washington (6-10)

11. Houston (6-10)

12. Minnesota (6-10)

13. Detroit (6-10)

14. St. Louis (7-9)

15. Miami (7-9)

16. Jacksonville (8-8)

18. San Diego (9-7)

20. Tampa Bay (10-6)

PTR

If for some reason Carolina didn't want Luck wouldn't they be the ones trading down.

If for some reason Carolina didn't want Luck wouldn't they be the ones trading down.

Great point ... but depending on who/what they have tagged as their #1 priority could they afford to trade to a position below us???

There will be no trade possibilities if the team does as they did last year and races to the podium with each pick within a minute of being on the clock.

You really think there are no trade talks and discussion until the final 10 minutes when a team is on the clock?

1. Carolina (2-14)

2. Denver (4-12)

3. Buffalo (4-12)

4. Cincinnati (4-12)

5. Arizona (5-11)

6. Cleveland (5-11)

7. San Francisco (6-10)

8. Tennessee (6-10)

9. Dallas (6-10)

10. Washington (6-10)

11. Houston (6-10)

12. Minnesota (6-10)

13. Detroit (6-10)

14. St. Louis (7-9)

15. Miami (7-9)

16. Jacksonville (8-8)

18. San Diego (9-7)

20. Tampa Bay (10-6)

PTR

if the sun fell out of the sky and carolina didnt take Luck buffalo could not get the card up fast enough enough @ 3 with Lucks name on it.

IMO even if Luck didnt go one which is impossable we would still have to trade with denver to get him.

lastly i'm not buying any of that richardson wants to stick with clausen baloney.if its true please show us a link.

Will someone explain to me the criteria for drafty order? We have the same record as Cinncy and we beat them, shouldn't they be number 3?

It's based on strength of schedule. CIN played a slightly tougher schedule than us while Denver played a much easier one.

PTR

totally agree!! If they don't want Luck there will be plenty of others wishing to trade with them. The problem is it's hard for a team picking much lower than 5 or 6 to be able to offer enough in return. But likely thye'd get some team offering a bunch of picks and they are like the Bill's in that they need many players. So would make sense for them to trade dow na few spots coule likely still get a number of good players. For us to move up to that spot would likely cost us our 1st three picks, maybe even more.

Trading down is not necessarily a bad idea. With our needs filling two of them, an OT and a Defensive Lineman or two and an OLB would be much more possible with an extra second or third pick. If we are looking to improve quickle, this may be the way to go. I guess we should be careful to see if there is a player at a critical position of need who would qualify as a franchise player at 3 before we consider trading down though.