Official Game Thread: Bills at the Jets

• Replies 255
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Days

Top Posters In This Topic

Yes, a team that just gave up 72 points in 7 quarters to two division rivals clearly needs to spend it's top draft pick on a one-year wonder project QB.

It's gonna be a long 4 1/2 months. :wallbash:

You haven't heard? Guys like Luck, Mallett, and Newton can all stop the run and pressure the QB as well as throw pretty passes.

Anybody think that Brohm has a future in the NFL now? I think he has just ended his time with Buffalo. :cry:

No doubt. Paul Hubbard, Steve Chandler and whomever else the random name generator can come up with are obviously stars in this league. They just need a competent QB to get them the ball and this offense is set. It's awesome to evaluate talent with the guys who were on the practice squad for the practice squad at OL and WR.

If this game taught us anything it's that Fitz's abilities to read defenses and get the offense set, in the right play, and in the right blocking scheme are severely underrated. I don't think it taught us much about our QBs that we won't get a better read on in camp and OTAs in the 2011 season that may or may not happen.

I'd start Fitz, draft Devlin in a middle round, and see what we've got with the remaining two. We need monsters for the defense, a TE, and for the good-health-fairy to smile upon us. Let's hope for all of the above, and an NFL season in 2011.

GO BILLS!

One thing is clear.. Brohm doesn't have the clock in his head that Fitz does.

That was the one legitimate complaint we could have about Brohm today.

If this game taught us anything it's that Fitz's abilities to read defenses and get the offense set, in the right play, and in the right blocking scheme are severely underrated.

Is that the same Fitz that went 12-27 for 128 yards when he played the Jets at home?

Offensively if this game taught me anything. It's that Steve Johnson/Roosevelt/Hubbard at wr are downgrades from Lee Evans/Johnson/Parrish/Nelson/Jones at wr. Brian Brohm is still a question mark, and he was put in a bad position with a depleted wr core. Still going against a backup defense. Even with Gaileys unwilligness to give the Ball to Fred Jackson I expected him to at least seem competent. He made a few nice throws early on, but he has to learn when to take a sack, and when to pull the trigger. He was highly uncomfortably for a variety of reasons. Incomplete grade imo. still have no tight end worth a damn. Defensively this game taught me that we need basically an entire new front 7. If opposing offensive players were running in Quick Mud I'm pretty sure our lb core wouldn't be able to keep up with them. Actually more dissapointed in Moats than the others. Mostly cause Moats was showing some good promise the last few weeks. The rest of the lb's aren't even worth talking about. This front 7 is an embarrsement to the sport of football.

WOW! you people placing blame at Brohms feet are not some of the sharper tools in the shed. WOW Just WOW!

Please! don't put words in my mouth I never said Brohm was to blame but you can't say he showed anything today that showed he resembled a competent NFL QB. If you want to say that Brohm didn't have the best WR's and best lineman thats fair enough and I agree but that being said Brohm wasn't playing against the Jets best players either. :wallbash::wallbash: I have seen other back ups come in and play a whole lot better than that.

Edited by shadowcat10

Is that the same Fitz that went 12-27 for 128 yards when he played the Jets at home?

Yes. He had a terrible game that day. I do think he improved over the course of the year. From my view, after the bye week they had the makings of something decent that was derailed more because of injuries than because of Fitz's play, though he did disappoint late in the season.

I just generally didn't see Brohm keeping the defense off balance in any way and had grown accustomed to seeing at least flashes of that from Fitz. Where I disagree with others most, is that I do think both Fitz and Brohm still have some potential for this team, though. I'd rather see what Chan can do with them than give in to the temptation to draft anybody but a certifiable star with the first pick.

Seems that Fitz helps the OL pick up coverage better than the other QBs that have started this year. Brohm has alot to learn but also with 2 scrubs in the right side hard to provide a great evaluation of his ability. This game is still proving the need for LBs and DL

This seems is a fairly balanced (and fair) reaction.

Fitz seemed to be struggling more the last couple weeks with the injuries to the OL as well, but I also (as well as can be seen from TV) saw several of what looked like miscalled protections on the L side of the line.

It's also a point that Johnson, Nelson, Jones, Roosevelt >>> Johnson, Roosevelt, whoever they threw in today

I don't think it's fair to "hang Brohm" based on this game but it certainly didn't make a case for him to take over as #1.

That Brohm doesn't have Fitz's clock? True.

That it's the one legitimate complaint? There is some kneejerk Brohm bashing going on, true.

I don't think it's proven that Brohm is a bad QB by this game. He did some good things.

Still, I think there are a few additional legitimate complaints that could be made.

He didn't display Fitz's ability to read the D and call protections at the line.

He didn't display Fitz's ability to make quick decisions and release, run, or pull it in in the face of pressure.

He doesn't seem to have Fitz's ability to scramble his way out of trouble

He doesn't have Fitz's "I'm not quitting, ever, no matter what!" guts that seems to bring out the best in the rest.

Why yes, that would be the same Fitz that went 12-27, 128 yds passing, 2 TD, 0 INTs

I would call 2 offensive TD and 0 INTs an improvement on today - you?

It would also be the same Fitz that rushed 7 times for 74 yds in that game.