Carimi

wearing buffalo on helmet

that's all

I kept getting interrupted so I couldn't watch real closely…I did DVR though.

When I did notice him, he seemed to lack explosiveness (quick twitch muscles) and he also did not seem to have a mean streak. Kind of a gentle giant who used good size and technique to nullify his opponent.

Like I said though, I couldn't watch closely.

Am I wrong?

ditto.

And yes he plays with a mean streak. played very very well tonight and was unusually great in pass protection. He seems a little limited atheltically but he is a road grader. I liked him and cannon from TCU. Pair those two together and thats a deisel side of the line.

The left side of their line definitely seemed better than the right side. Any of the sacks/pressures I saw came from a right side blitz, and on some of the runs he had his man pushed nearly to the sidelines. Definitely would like to see him picked up in the 2nd if he makes it there

The left side of their line definitely seemed better than the right side. Any of the sacks/pressures I saw came from a right side blitz, and on some of the runs he had his man pushed nearly to the sidelines. Definitely would like to see him picked up in the 2nd if he makes it there

He will not.

Despite the erroneous ramblings of a few erstaz wannabe scouts that Gabe Carimi's better suited to RT (and a few TSW posters that believe everything they read), Carimi will be an All-Pro NFL Left Tackle in 3 years or less. I hope it's with the Bills - and still think we'll take him in round one. He will not last into round two.

Despite the erroneous ramblings of a few erstaz wannabe scouts that Gabe Carimi's better suited to RT (and a few TSW posters that believe everything they read), Carimi will be an All-Pro NFL Left Tackle in 3 years or less. I hope it's with the Bills - and still think we'll take him in round one. He will not last into round two.

I hope you are correct

If we draft a DB or a WR in the 1st round I hope SkunkPost has the Buffalo Bills Homicide Hotline ready.

"Buffalo Bills Homicide Hotline"

"If we draft a cornerback in round 1, I'm going to hunt down Modrak and drown him in a vat of Reed's Over the Middle All-Purpose Sauce!"

"Sir, relax. We're taking Carimi"

"Oh, Thank God!"

If you're right and he'll be a star at LT, I hope the Bills have a plan for RT through FA

At least question whether Bell has the run blocking skills for RT

Here is my dream scenario.....

- Buffalo gets the 2nd pick

- Buffalo trades down to the 5-6 pick.....picks up at least an additional 2nd

- Buffalo selects Bowers or Darius

- Buffalo trades up with their 2nd and 3rd round selections to move up and take Carimi.....if necessary BOTH of their 2nd round selections.

- I love the thought of Bell, Levitre, Wood, Urbik, and Carimi......that is a big road grating, pass protecting, viable NFL offensive line.

Edited by John from Hemet

I hope you are correct

If we draft a DB or a WR in the 1st round I hope SkunkPost has the Buffalo Bills Homicide Hotline ready.

"Buffalo Bills Homicide Hotline"

"If we draft a cornerback in round 1, I'm going to hunt down Modrak and drown him in a vat of Reed's Over the Middle All-Purpose Sauce!"

"Sir, relax. We're taking Carimi"

"Oh, Thank God!"

If you're right and he'll be a star at LT, I hope the Bills have a plan for RT through FA

At least question whether Bell has the run blocking skills for RT

:D Stranger things have certainly happened with Bills drafts, but I think with Nix we don;t have to worry about a DB or WR in round one!

The Senator's wish list goes something like...

1) Gabe Carimi, LT, Wisconsin

2) Dontay Moch, DE/OLB, Nevada

3) Lance Kendricks, TE, Wisconsin

4a) Sione Fua, DT, Stanford

4b) Owen Marecic, ILB/FB/ST, Stanford

5) Alex Henery, K/P, Nebraska

6) Greg Romeus, DE, Pitt

7) Scott Tolzien, QB, Wisconsin

I think the Bills have 5 TEs on the current roster, so I could certainly see going with ILB in round 3. Tolzien's just a guy I like, but doubt the Bills will (or should) go QB in late rounds - maybe grab another LB in round 6 and wait to see if Romeus is still there in round 7.

One thing of note, interesting only to me perhaps...every Wisconsin O-lineman had braces on both knees. I just don't see why all linemen don't wear knee braces. The days of bulky, heavy braces are well past.

I believe it is required that all college OL wear braces on both knees, and I think it is a good rule.

As for Carimi, he played well but I still prefer Demarcus Love of Arkansas as the future Bills RT.

The most impressive player on the field for Wisconsin was JJ Watt....would love to see him in a Bills uniform as well.

As for Carimi, he played well but I still prefer Demarcus Love of Arkansas as the future Bills RT.

Love is a beast I would take him any day over Carimi, maybe Love is a bit more Raw but the dude is a beast.

Agree about Love. I'm interested to see San Jose's assessment.

Jeremy Beal was able to beat him a few times but Carimi definitely won the battle over Beal in the long run.

Carimi definitely did not look like an all world top 10 LT.

More like a better than average college LT.

Moffit stood out more to me than Carimi. I kept wanting Carimi to look studly but kept noticing #74 just erasing who ever was near him.

Edited by Why So Serious?

6) Greg Romeus, DE, Pitt

That's quite a Cardinal/Badger-heavy draft. :flirt:

It's a tough call...but I think they need to go DT or LB. If there's someone out there with half the energy and toughness of Tank Carder, I'd snap them up in a second.

I know it's a 7th-round pick, but I wasn't terribly impressed with Tolzien yesterday. If you replaced him with Andy Dalton, I could live with that.

Here is my dream scenario.....

- Buffalo gets the 2nd pick

- Buffalo trades down to the 5-6 pick.....picks up at least an additional 2nd

- Buffalo selects Bowers or Darius

- Buffalo trades up with their 2nd and 3rd round selections to move up and take Carimi.....if necessary BOTH of their 2nd round selections.

- I love the thought of Bell, Levitre, Wood, Urbik, and Carimi......that is a big road grating, pass protecting, viable NFL offensive line.

I too have these dreams about if we could somehow work massive tradeups and tradedowns on draft day and get two players in the 1st, a top-notch DL and OL

I don't think Nix has a name as a skilled wheeler-dealer.

He does not stop the run, he is not needed in this draft. 2012 draft #1 pick can be your OT. Bell will just have to do until then. Taking 60 yards a game off the opponents run game equals four wins.

:D Stranger things have certainly happened with Bills drafts, but I think with Nix we don;t have to worry about a DB or WR in round one!

The Senator's wish list goes something like...

6) Greg Romeus, DE, Pitt

I think the Bills have 5 TEs on the current roster, so I could certainly see going with ILB in round 3. Tolzien's just a guy I like, but doubt the Bills will (or should) go QB in late rounds - maybe grab another LB in round 6 and wait to see if Romeus is still there in round 7.

Romeus is a steal after the 5th round, and with his injury history he may very well drop that far. He played well late this season leading me to believe he is getting closer to 100%

What leads people to believe that it is Modrak's call on which player is drafted? Wouldn't he just be providing information and insight for the people who do make the pick?

Agree about Love. I'm interested to see San Jose's assessment.

Jeremy Beal was able to beat him a few times but Carimi definitely won the battle over Beal in the long run.

Carimi definitely did not look like an all world top 10 LT.

More like a better than average college LT.

Moffit stood out more to me than Carimi. I kept wanting Carimi to look studly but kept noticing #74 just erasing who ever was near him.

Glad you mentioned him, he had a very solid game. Carimi is an absolute monster in the run game but not very consistent in the passing game. If I'm buddy I draft him with the prospect of moving him to the right side and forget about the position for the next 5 years.