Would you trade...

Red

Ok, some (or all of you) may qualify this as stupid, but I wanted to get all of your opinion anyways...

Would you trade RB Fred Jackson to the Patriots for their TE Gronkowski?

Before you blow this up, think about this for a moment. I love Fred Jackson, and realize he is one of the really few bargain finds that has gained a tremendous amount of respect around the league. I think he is a player that has an attitude you want on a football team. He leaves it all on the field.

But I ask from a future perspective.

Belicheck always gushes about Jackson, and rightfully so- he is probably the one of only 2-3 players of the past decade that has ever consistently hurt the Patriots. McGee was always dangerous when he was returning kicks.

Anyways, Gronkowski is a local boy, and has already demonstrated amazing tenacity, size, and strength. He could solidify our TE position for years to come.

Jackson, though he has not played professionally and has not had his body as abused as others of his age, he is getting older.

Would you trade Jackson for Gronkowski if a deal was available?

Id rather trade Troup for Grons. We coulda just drafted him you know? Instead we reached for a need pick at NT, when guys like Cam Thomas, who many had ranked higher, fell deep into the draft.

And to think that going way back to Oct, Gronkowski was my #1 player for the 2nd round too (until Clausen fell on draft day, Im not a liar I would have taken Clausen over Grons at that point, not if I decided to take Tebow in the 1st.)

Although this is complete fantasy since the Pats would never ever ever ever ever ever ever ever do that.

OfCourse this is a no brainer. The Bills get a great Pass Catching and blocking TE for the next 10 years.

The Pats recycle RBs from the trash heap they don't overpay for 30+ year old RBs.

Id rather trade Troup for Grons. We coulda just drafted him you know? Instead we reached for a need pick at NT, when guys like Cam Thomas, who many had ranked higher, fell deep into the draft.

And to think that going way back to Oct, Gronkowski was my #1 player for the 2nd round too (until Clausen fell on draft day, Im not a liar I would have taken Clausen over Grons at that point, not if I decided to take Tebow in the 1st.)

Perhaps that indictment of Cam Thomas's ability rather than front office ineptitude. The fact that he fell to the 5th roudn tells us that the majority of draft "experts" were wrong in their assessment of him.

Here's a better trade our roster & coaching staff straight up for NE's.

This trade has as much of a chance of happening as Red's original trade proposal.

Belichick can talk up Jackson all he wants, but if you got him in a room and offered the Jackson/Gronkowski deal he'd say yes if we threw in our #1 pick.

I don't see Cam Thomas doing any better than Troup. Thomas played in 5 games for SD amassing 7 tackles and 2 sacks. Troup, 14 games, 2 starts and 19 tackles. If it weren't for the amount of injuries at TE this year I don't think anyone would be complaining. Can't predict injures in April