My Mock Offseason and draft

First, Hi to everyone here..... I have years in this forum only as a reader, but now that this team is finally working together as a team, and of course finally looking like a good team..... I´ll make some offseason moves......

In free agency, there are to many free agents, that i want for my team, but i will keep this realistic.... The weakness for this team is obviously the LB, RT and TE.

First i´ll resign parrish, florence, poz, whitner and wilson, inmediatly..... We cant make more holes on this team.

In free agency, i´ll go for ofense first, there are some OT like JARED GAITHER (depends on his injury), DONALD PENN maybe too expensive, MATT LIGHT (i like this veteran and his leadership) TO NAME A FEW THAT WILL BECOME FREE AGENTS, so i´ll go with light or gaither here personally take gaither and offer RT money and we will have another starter on this ofensive line.

Then i´ll go with TE, there are many of names out there.... names like Vernon Davis SF (too expensive for the CHEAP sorry Chief Wilson), Zach Miller RAI, Owen Daniels HOU, Kevin Boss NYG, Mercedes Lewis JAC, personally I will take Vernon Davis but we all know that this will never happen, so i have to go with Zach Miller or Kevin Boss this te are young, athletic, can block, can catch, so they are really a TEs. So finally we will have a starter TE.

Last the linebacker position is weak too.... So go for David Harris the jets Linebacker, and is clearly one of the best ILB, this is going to cost us a lot, but comon, we sign takeo spikes, years ago, so i dream with this sign, and maybe david could be angry, because, mangold and revis will be rich with the jets, and cannot afford the all of three stars....

Next the draft

1- Nick Fairley DE, Fairley has been unstoppable. He completely dominated Alabama's offensive line on Thanksgiving weekend. His stock has risen to the point that it'd be shocking if he fell out of the top five, this guy is a BEAST

2- Joseph Barksdale OT LSU, this guy can compete with Bell, since his rookie year, this man is a stud, if hes not there, give me the next best OT, Sherrod, Morris, Raynolds, whatever slide to our second round.

3- Steven Friday OLB VT, he can rush the passer, he can drop in coverage, he can do all i want for a LB, so if he´s not there probably justin houston OLB or Quan Sturdivant ILB maybe the best ILB of this draft class.

4a-kendrick Ellis NT HAMPTON, 340 lbs, he has all the physical talent, but has some work ethic concerns, this is why he´ll not going to be a 2nd or 3rd round, if he is not available, maybe Phil Taylor another NT of Baylor with his weight 355 lbs. nobody can move this wall....

4b-Jalil Brown CB Colorado, he is a sleeper in this draft, but this guy can play, trust me, if hes not there, there are other corners like kendrick burney CB NC, Davon House CB New Mexico.

5- Jeron Johnson SS Boise State, takes very solid angles and has a high football IQ. He's instinctive and is reliable in run support.

6- Derek Epperson P Baylor, has a massive leg, and moorman is playing poorly this season, and this guy can be in the practice squad if moorman is back on track the next season, and we will have the best punter on draft, and one good enough to the future.

7- Owen Marecic FB Stanford, one of the tougher players in college, one of the best fb in this draft.

THE OFFENSE WILL LOOK LIKE THIS

POS STARTER BENCH

QB RYAN FITZPATRICK BROHM, BROWN

RB FRED JACKSON CJ SPILLER, MARECIC

FB MCYNTIRE MARECIC

WR LEE EVANS D. NELSON, D. JONES

WR STEVIE JOHNSON M. EASLY, PARRISH

TE ZACK MILLER S. NELSON

LT BELL BARKSDALE

LG LEVITRE WANG

C WOODS HANGARTNER

RG URBIK

RT GAITHER WROTTO

THE DEFENSE WILL LOOK LIKE THIS

LE KYLE WILLIAMS CARRINGTON

NT KENDRICK ELLIS TROUP

RE NICK FAIRLEY D. EDWARDS

OLB MOATS MAYBIN

ILB POZ

ILB HARRIS A. DAVIS

OLB FRIDAY BATTEN

CB MCKELVIN JALIL BROWN

CB MCGEE FLORENCE, CORNER

FS BYRD WILSON

SS WHITNER JERON JOHNSON, SCOTT

P MOORMAN EPPERSON (FUTURE STARTER)

K LINDELL

I THINK WE HAVE A REAL SHOT TO THE PLAYOFFS WHIT THIS TEAM....

And of course i will not take any qb in middle rounds.

what do you think guys?????

like it or not...........

First, Hi to everyone here..... I have years in this forum only as a reader, but now that this team is finally working together as a team, and of course finally looking like a good team..... I´ll make some offseason moves......

In free agency, there are to many free agents, that i want for my team, but i will keep this realistic.... The weakness for this team is obviously the LB, RT and TE.

First i´ll resign parrish, florence, poz, whitner and wilson, inmediatly..... We cant make more holes on this team.

In free agency, i´ll go for ofense first, there are some OT like JARED GAITHER (depends on his injury), DONALD PENN maybe too expensive, MATT LIGHT (i like this veteran and his leadership) TO NAME A FEW THAT WILL BECOME FREE AGENTS, so i´ll go with light or gaither here personally take gaither and offer RT money and we will have another starter on this ofensive line.

Then i´ll go with TE, there are many of names out there.... names like Vernon Davis SF (too expensive for the CHEAP sorry Chief Wilson), Zach Miller RAI, Owen Daniels HOU, Kevin Boss NYG, Mercedes Lewis JAC, personally I will take Vernon Davis but we all know that this will never happen, so i have to go with Zach Miller or Kevin Boss this te are young, athletic, can block, can catch, so they are really a TEs. So finally we will have a starter TE.

Last the linebacker position is weak too.... So go for David Harris the jets Linebacker, and is clearly one of the best ILB, this is going to cost us a lot, but comon, we sign takeo spikes, years ago, so i dream with this sign, and maybe david could be angry, because, mangold and revis will be rich with the jets, and cannot afford the all of three stars....

Next the draft

1- Nick Fairley DE, Fairley has been unstoppable. He completely dominated Alabama's offensive line on Thanksgiving weekend. His stock has risen to the point that it'd be shocking if he fell out of the top five, this guy is a BEAST

2- Joseph Barksdale OT LSU, this guy can compete with Bell, since his rookie year, this man is a stud, if hes not there, give me the next best OT, Sherrod, Morris, Raynolds, whatever slide to our second round.

3- Steven Friday OLB VT, he can rush the passer, he can drop in coverage, he can do all i want for a LB, so if he´s not there probably justin houston OLB or Quan Sturdivant ILB maybe the best ILB of this draft class.

4a-kendrick Ellis NT HAMPTON, 340 lbs, he has all the physical talent, but has some work ethic concerns, this is why he´ll not going to be a 2nd or 3rd round, if he is not available, maybe Phil Taylor another NT of Baylor with his weight 355 lbs. nobody can move this wall....

4b-Jalil Brown CB Colorado, he is a sleeper in this draft, but this guy can play, trust me, if hes not there, there are other corners like kendrick burney CB NC, Davon House CB New Mexico.

5- Jeron Johnson SS Boise State, takes very solid angles and has a high football IQ. He's instinctive and is reliable in run support.

6- Derek Epperson P Baylor, has a massive leg, and moorman is playing poorly this season, and this guy can be in the practice squad if moorman is back on track the next season, and we will have the best punter on draft, and one good enough to the future.

7- Owen Marecic FB Stanford, one of the tougher players in college, one of the best fb in this draft.

POS STARTER BENCH

FB MCYNTIRE MARECIC

TE ZACK MILLER S. NELSON

LT BELL BARKSDALE

LG LEVITRE WANG

C WOODS HANGARTNER

RG URBIK

RT GAITHER WROTTO

NT KENDRICK ELLIS TROUP

OLB MOATS MAYBIN

ILB POZ

ILB HARRIS A. DAVIS

OLB FRIDAY BATTEN

CB MCKELVIN JALIL BROWN

FS BYRD WILSON

K LINDELL

In utopia we're all set but having to throw a monkey wrench into the system:

you make the assumption that coachs and free agents actually want to come play in Buffalo and the past 5 years worth of history have shown us that they don't. Why would player x choise the Bills over another team? We're going to have to massively over pay a free agent to come here over a proven winner. Top end, big name free agents aren't even an option because they'll never select Buffalo over another distination. When was the last big name free agent for the Bills? Bryce Paup? And when was that, 1996!

Next the draft

POS STARTER BENCH

FB MCYNTIRE MARECIC

TE ZACK MILLER S. NELSON

LT BELL BARKSDALE

LG LEVITRE WANG

C WOODS HANGARTNER

RG URBIK

RT GAITHER WROTTO

NT KENDRICK ELLIS TROUP

OLB MOATS MAYBIN

ILB POZ

ILB HARRIS A. DAVIS

OLB FRIDAY BATTEN

CB MCKELVIN JALIL BROWN

FS BYRD WILSON

K LINDELL

Great first swing MexicanBill, welcome to the board ... and if we get those first 3-5 picks, we'll be in good shape .... and any of those FA would be an upgrade

you make the assumption that coachs and free agents actually want to come play in Buffalo and the past 5 years worth of history have shown us that they don't. Why would player x choise the Bills over another team? We're going to have to massively over pay a free agent to come here over a proven winner. Top end, big name free agents aren't even an option because they'll never select Buffalo over another distination. When was the last big name free agent for the Bills? Bryce Paup? And when was that, 1996!

Don't remember Drew Bledsoe, Sam Adams, Troy Vincent, Lawyer Milloy, London Fletcher, Takeo Spikes, Kawika Mitchell or Ryan Fitzgibbons? Severe short memory there Pal. It's correctable, but you've got to work at it.

Don't remember Drew Bledsoe, Sam Adams, Troy Vincent, Lawyer Milloy, London Fletcher, Takeo Spikes, Kawika Mitchell or Ryan Fitzgibbons? Severe short memory there Pal. It's correctable, but you've got to work at it.

let's see:

Drew = trade

Lawyer = waiver wire pickup

London = biggest FA on market at his position??? = nope

Troy Vincent = are you kidding me? please

Ryan Fritz - he was the top QB in the market that year? - yikes, what a crappy market it must have been, and I recall the thrilling sense of victory when we signed him. We just knew we were heading to championships upon his signing!!!

Spikes - maybe but the rest, none were elite free agents

Edited by KRT88

let's see:

Drew = trade

Lawyer = waiver wire pickup

London = biggest FA on market at his position??? = nope

Troy Vincent = are you kidding me? please

Ryan Fritz - he was the top QB in the market that year? - yikes, what a crappy market it must have been, and I recall the thrilling sense of victory when we signed him. We just knew we were heading to championships upon his signing!!!

Spikes - maybe but the rest, none were elite free agents

KRT88, you are trying to hard to be the typical western NY oh poor me the sky is falling guy. Get some therapy.

EXCUSE MY RANT BUT I HAVE TO VENT HERE

I dont know about anyone else here but im sick & tired of posters knocking down this city. Their are a hand full of jobs in the NFL, these guys know their careers are short, there gonna go where the money is point blank. If Green Bay can get quality FA's so can we...The Bills have saved a lot of money these past few year, lets put the pressure on them to spend some (on quality FA & not journeyman FA).

If we continue to knock the city & franchise, we're fulfilling the fate. It's time we quit the "Woo Its Me " mind-set...And get in the game!!! SOUNDS LIKE A BUNCH OF LOSERS, GET OUTTA MY TOWN!!!!

Exactly. NFL rock stars, coaches and players alike, avoid WNY like the plague. Crappy place to live and the whole thing gets blown up again when Ralph dies. Too much uncertainty for the best players and coaches, who can go wherever they want. Until long term ownership and team direction is in place, that is the way it will be. This team will be made up of draft choices and 2nd tier free agents for as far as the eye can see. With good drafting, good coaching and good team health, that can be pretty good, as we are seeing the second half of this year. No Super Bowl runs to be sure, but most WNYers are just happy to have a team to tailgate around anyway, so all good. Right?

EXCUSE MY RANT BUT I HAVE TO VENT HERE

I dont know about anyone else here but im sick & tired of posters knocking down this city. Their are a hand full of jobs in the NFL, these guys know their careers are short, there gonna go where the money is point blank. If Green Bay can get quality FA's so can we...The Bills have saved a lot of money these past few year, lets put the pressure on them to spend some (on quality FA & not journeyman FA).

If we continue to knock the city & franchise, we're fulfilling the fate. It's time we quit the "Woo Its Me " mind-set...And get in the game!!! SOUNDS LIKE A BUNCH OF LOSERS, GET OUTTA MY TOWN!!!!

1. GB doesn't get any good Free Agents generally either. There is Reggie White, then Rod Woodson and not much in-between.

2. The Bills are in the top half of the league in payroll, actually number 12, I believe. So the myth that Ralph is cheap and doesn't spend money doesn't really work when you look at the facts.

3. It's getting to the point where, Buffalo is becoming the Ireland of cities in America. Soon there will be more people born in Erie County NY that don't live in Erie County, NY than the actual residence of Erie County, NY. So most Bills fans have already listened to your warning and left.

4. Buffalo can still sign quality if not heralded FA. A second tier LB, or TE wants to come to Buffalo because they know there isn't much competition to earn PT. A FA that want PT and wants to perform well ro elevate their status and get a better 3rd contract knows if you come do Buffalo you're going to be a starter at TE, RT, or LB. It's very likely we will be able to bring in a guy that comes to work with a lunch pal not a marquee sign. The Bills are better for it IMO.

Edited by Why So Serious?

Next the draft

POS STARTER BENCH

FB MCYNTIRE MARECIC

TE ZACK MILLER S. NELSON

LT BELL BARKSDALE

LG LEVITRE WANG

C WOODS HANGARTNER

RG URBIK

RT GAITHER WROTTO

NT KENDRICK ELLIS TROUP

OLB MOATS MAYBIN

ILB POZ

ILB HARRIS A. DAVIS

OLB FRIDAY BATTEN

CB MCKELVIN JALIL BROWN

FS BYRD WILSON

K LINDELL

Not bad, ofcourse we have to assume the free agents are not resigned by there own teams first, and second that they will come to Buffalo, I can defently see kevin Boss coming here, however I don't see the G-Men letting him walk.

Also In the 2nd round you take an OT, then you have him sitting on the bench.. I like to Gaither signing for RT, but Bell is playing well, I say Draft a LB in second round and Third round, then OT for depth..

Good 1st post. I would love to see Harris in red white and blue.

Just a couple of issues : 1st no need to draft a punter (already mentioned) 2nd Gaither can't seemt to stay healthy so i'd pass, and 3rd NO WAY MAYBIN makes the team next year especially as a backup and Moats seems to have more potential.

Edited by qwksilver

Great first post.

Btw what's the rational behind drafting 2 defensive backs?

I would modify those picks to additional depth at d-line, lb, or Oline.

Taking a safety in the draft is a good idea if the Bills let Donte walk. Otherwise we have 4 starts at safety and wouldn't need to draft a 5th.

I like your thinking. Football players play for money and if the money is there they will play in Buffalo. Gailey is earning a lot of respect and the gutsy play this last few games might make us more and more attractive. I think we could fill a few holes in the offensive line and especially looking for a tight end in free agency. The team is not ONLY built through the draft.

Welcome to the wall!

david harris is a great signing for this defense and with a nice olb in the draft along with a rt this team gets a whole lot better. what our management needs to decide is what scheme we will play. we can move kyle williams to def end and go with carrington and i guess troupe as the others on the line.

1. GB doesn't get any good Free Agents generally either. There is Reggie White, then RodCharles Woodson and not much in-between.

2. The Bills are in the top half of the league in payroll, actually number 12, I believe. So the myth that Ralph is cheap and doesn't spend money doesn't really work when you look at the facts.

3. It's getting to the point where, Buffalo is becoming the Ireland of cities in America. Soon there will be more people born in Erie County NY that don't live in Erie County, NY than the actual residence of Erie County, NY. So most Bills fans have already listened to your warning and left.

4. Buffalo can still sign quality if not heralded FA. A second tier LB, or TE wants to come to Buffalo because they know there isn't much competition to earn PT. A FA that want PT and wants to perform well ro elevate their status and get a better 3rd contract knows if you come do Buffalo you're going to be a starter at TE, RT, or LB. It's very likely we will be able to bring in a guy that comes to work with a lunch pal not a marquee sign. The Bills are better for it IMO.

Listen the players your talking about are talent rich and poor in character. Case in point here w/ R. White....you want leaders and winners in the locker room. These 2nd tier guys that will come only to get PT, can please stay away. You want WINNERS (R. White, D. Brees) Players that want to put a franchise on their shoulders and lead and not because of the glamour & glitzs. STAY AWAY, NO LOSERS

The payroll is obscured by the fact that Buffalo uses the cash to the gap, so when your looking at the payroll its year-to-year. Last yr OBD was 20-30mil under the cap. So we should demand that if they spend IMO over-spend for impact starters as opposed to journeyman FA's (A.Davis,the bum from Miami forgot his name)at least let them be starters from somewhere...

There a reason this region has stayed stagnant or even recessed but that because of status quo and the old guard protecting their good ole boy network...They'll be gone soon also, thats another story for a different day.