My Mock Offseason and draft

I'm not sure the Bills are as desperate for free agent saviors as they were last off season, especially on offense. In any case, the Bills have already signed a ton of "free agents" all season long. And I'm pretty sure a few of them are going to be on the roster next season, particularly Wrotto and Urbik. As to the TE position, I believe the lack of stats there has more to do with the offensive scheme than with any particular lack of talent (they're being used more as linemen than receivers...If Bell keeps improving and the right tackle position gets settled, look for the TEs we already have...and we have a lot of them...to become more involved as receivers).

The real need as I see it is on defense. The best defenses in the league have good players at all positions, but always seem to have at least two spectacular guys who elevate the overall defense to that "Best" level. Pittsburgh is a good example, with Harrison and especially Polamalu. With them in the lineup, the Steelers are dominating; without them, the D is much more average. So while the Bills have decent-to-very-good players, they are lacking those couple of "beasts" that seem to make the difference. Right now, Kyle Williams is a game-changer, and Arthur Moats just might be one in the making. Jairus Bird seems to be coming out of his sophomore slump as he actually learns the nuances of the position. Danny Batten is intriguing. Carrington shows promise.

OF course, if the Bills can pick up an upper tier FA to fill a glaring need, then do it. But before taking the usual Bills fan default position ("Our guys suck, and the other teams castoffs are always an improvement"), take a close look at the Bills roster, the IR and the Practice Squad.

In utopia we're all set but having to throw a monkey wrench into the system:

you make the assumption that coachs and free agents actually want to come play in Buffalo and the past 5 years worth of history have shown us that they don't. Why would player x choise the Bills over another team? We're going to have to massively over pay a free agent to come here over a proven winner. Top end, big name free agents aren't even an option because they'll never select Buffalo over another distination. When was the last big name free agent for the Bills? Bryce Paup? And when was that, 1996!

Do you remember lawyer milloy or Takeo Spikes???????