Spiller not doing to Bad!!!

Spiller as quitly gained 1331.4 all purpose yards this year with two games left.

The remaining two game could easily amount to another 200 yards, for a projected total of 1500 +.

Not to bad I would say with his limited role.

Just an opinion.

Edited by Throwback Bills

• Replies 74
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Spiller as quitly gained 1331.4 all purpose yards this year with two games left.

The remaining two game could easily amount to another 200 yards, for a projected total of 1500 +.

Not to bad I would say with his limited role.

Just an opinion.

I am not quite sure how the yardage was narrowed all the way down to tenths of a yard, but whatever.

I am assuming that 90% of these yards are on kickoff/punt returns. It's not that impressive. You get an almost automatic 20-25 yards per KO return if you're decent.

I am not quite sure how the yardage was narrowed all the way down to tenths of a yard, but whatever.

I am assuming that 90% of these yards are on kickoff/punt returns. It's not that impressive. You get an almost automatic 20-25 yards per KO return if you're decent.

Is that for a punt returner or a punt catcher?

His rookie year hasnt been all that electrifying, but It's hard not to see his potential. Dude can make people miss, and his acceleration is instant. I'm willing to give him another year:)

His rookie year hasnt been all that electrifying, but It's hard not to see his potential. Dude can make people miss, and his acceleration is instant. I'm willing to give him another year:)

Maybe on returns, but not many miss in the backfield.

Bellichick picked up a rookie RB out of the Jets training camp dumpster who is far outplaying our 1st round draft pick. 435 yards rushing (5.3 per) and 347 receiving (10.7) 5 TDs. Spiller's got 248 (3.9), 103 (4.7) and 1 TD.

Go figure.

Bellichick picked up a rookie RB out of the Jets training camp dumpster who is far outplaying our 1st round draft pick. 435 yards rushing (5.3 per) and 347 receiving (10.7) 5 TDs. Spiller's got 248 (3.9), 103 (4.7) and 1 TD.

Go figure.

Woodhead isn't a rookie. And the Pats have an amazing O-line. As they usually have.

Go figure.

It really is not too difficult to figure. Look at their qb passing threat and OL prowess.

Go figure.

Woodhead isn't a rookie, brah.

Never draft a RB in the first round. You think our FO would get it after drafting Marshawn, Willis, Antoine Smith. Idiots

They don't. You might as well have a bunch of high school girls back there drafting.

No slam on high school girls is intended.

Woodhead isn't a rookie. And the Pats have an amazing O-line. As they usually have.

Woodhead undoubtedly benefits in his 3rd down role from playing behind a good OL. Problem is, Spiller's a 9th round pick that can't get on the field and was, according to Gailey, supposed to make the OL better. That's not happening, and even though he'll be around for awhile, he's behind in his transition to the pro game. They needed an immediate impact from their first round pick and haven't gotten it, OL or not.

The Pats time and time again show how it should be done. Great Ol and get a good player behind C, whether its Brady or Cassel. RB and WR are the most dependant position in football by FAR. Most any ole retread can succeed, just make sure they are smart and dont fumble. The Bills simply cannot understand that drafting RBs to improve your running game and drafting WRs to improve your passing game is ass-backwards. OLman and the QB get it done. After them comes TE. RB and WR dead freaking last.

Woodhead undoubtedly benefits in his 3rd down role from playing behind a good OL. Problem is, Spiller's a 9th round pick that can't get on the field and was, according to Gailey, supposed to make the OL better. That's not happening, and even though he'll be around for awhile, he's behind in his transition to the pro game. They needed an immediate impact from their first round pick and haven't gotten it, OL or not.

Fred is averaging 4.1 YPC and Spiller 3.8 YPC. It's more the O-line than anything else, regardless of what Gailey may have said.

And with Jackson and Lynch already aboard, Spiller didn't need to make an immediate impact. Even with Lynch gone, Spiller was expected/needs to be a change-of-pace RB. No one was expecting him to get a ton of carries (although I figured he'd get a lot more than he has). So (what will likely end-up being) over 1,500 yards from scrimmage isn't too far off from what most were thinking.

The Pats time and time again show how it should be done. Great Ol and get a good player behind C, whether its Brady or Cassel. RB and WR are the most dependant position in football by FAR. Most any ole retread can succeed, just make sure they are smart and dont fumble. The Bills simply cannot understand that drafting RBs to improve your running game and drafting WRs to improve your passing game is ass-backwards. OLman and the QB get it done. After them comes TE. RB and WR dead freaking last.

So the Pats got it right by getting Brady in the 6th and Cassel in the 7th? :rolleyes:

What about Rohan Davey? Kliff Kingbury?

He just hasn't shown good running instincts. Yes he's fast, but so is everyone else in the NFL. I'm not sure that this is going to change either. Running back is one of the easiest position to transition from college to the NFL. Either you can run or you can't. Sometimes backs need work in pass protection or ball security but rarely running.

Absolutely. Maybe my post looks like I've given up on him, but that's not what I meant. I think he still has a boatload of potential. I was just pointing out that the yardage THIS year isn't impressive to me. Except for the 90+ yard KO return for TD vs the Pats*

Even the announcers in yesterday's game said when they sat and talked with him the night before he couldn't believe the difference in the speed of the pro game opposed to the college game. They said the learning curve has been steep for him but I'm thinking he'll get it down. Maybe a Darren McFadden type of turn around next year!!

GO BILLS!!!

Is that for a punt returner or a punt catcher?

Please clarify, I have no idea what you're talking about.

Fred is averaging 4.1 YPC and Spiller 3.8 YPC. It's more the O-line than anything else, regardless of what Gailey may have said.

And with Jackson and Lynch already aboard, Spiller didn't need to make an immediate impact. Even with Lynch gone, Spiller was expected/needs to be a change-of-pace RB. No one was expecting him to get a ton of carries (although I figured he'd get a lot more than he has). So (what will likely end-up being) over 1,500 yards from scrimmage isn't too far off from what most were thinking.

To say Spiller wasn't expected to make an impact his rookie season is absurd. Why would you select a RB top 10 and then not expect them to get major touches? Tennessee didn't take Chris Johnson with the thought of him being a 3rd down back who played some special teams.

Spiller doesn't have and won't approach 1,500 yards from scrimmage in 2010. He's at 351 in 12 games right now who's been an a better PR than a KR. I don't remember when KR and PR yardage was included in the yards from scrimmage statistic.

Besides, I might argue the OL that took the field this year was better than last year's, given the lack of injuries and experience the younger guys now have. To cite the rushing yard per carry average as proof that the OL is the cause for FJ and CJ not being as good is ridiculous.