Bills in Thanksgiving game???

aussiew

It does need to be an AFC east team, as we play the NFC East next year, which means the only AFC teams the Cowboys will play will be from theAFC east. And CBS and Fox flip each year which network carries which game, since CBS had the Lions this year, they get the Cowboys next. As its a CBS game, that means and AFC team has to be the visitor.

Now, I was not aware that the home and aways are already locked in place, but that may be. If so, and Dallas has Miami and Buffalo as home games, then 50% chance we will be the game.

All that said, a 17 or 18 game season next year could change all that, depends on the CBA and how the extra games would be added

I am pretty sure that the plan for an 18 game season is to play two additional games within your own conference so that may be a moot point. The Monday Night Football thriller the two teams had three years ago might be an argument for the Bills over Miami as well.

• Replies 42
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Though all bets are off until the CBA is signed, if we assume this part of the scheduling is kept and it's between us and the Dolphins, we also need to consider what happens with them this offseason. If they get Cowher or make some other attention-grabbing move that the country will care about, that would still be an 'interesting' matchup for the schedulerers to consider.

So yesterday at the Bills bar, a number of fans said there is a very good chance that the Cowgirls will have to host the Bills at their Thanksgiving game next season. Since they play the AFC east and they are playing both the Jests and the Cheatriots away, then that just leaves the Dolfags and the Bills to play at Cowboys stadium. If the schedulers believe in "taking turns" then it would be the Bills turn.

Any more comments?

If that's the choice the schedulers will choose the fish.

It will look like a better game on paper and the fish have somewhat more national appeal than the Bills.

Slam dunk for the fish if they get a "name" coach like the Chin this off season.

I hope that this doesnt happen... I would love the Bills to play a thanksgiving day game but I am planning on making the trip to Dallas next time they played there. I wouldn't be able to go for that one.... I have tried looking for the the teams the Bills play next year but couldn't find it.. Does anybody know?

I hope that this doesnt happen... I would love the Bills to play a thanksgiving day game but I am planning on making the trip to Dallas next time they played there. I wouldn't be able to go for that one.... I have tried looking for the the teams the Bills play next year but couldn't find it.. Does anybody know?

See me #23 post

We're entrenched at the bottom of the A-East, so we'll play (if 18 games) the 3rd &4th place AFC teams from every division + the N-East + 2 more AFC teams

See me #23 post

We're entrenched at the bottom of the A-East, so we'll play (if 18 games) the 3rd &4th place AFC teams from every division + the N-East + 2 more AFC teams

We also play the AFC West. I know the Bills are "suppose" to be playing in San Diego next year

Aside from the divisional games and assuming the formula stays the same for 2011:

Home: Skins, Eagles, KC, Denver, (AFC South 4th place) Houston as it stands right now.

Away: Cowboys, Giants, Oakland, San Diego, (AFC North 4th place) Cincy most likely.

We also play the AFC West. I know the Bills are "suppose" to be playing in San Diego next year

If we play all four teams from both NFC east and AFC west plus our AFC east friends and the bottom two from the AFC north and south then the math doesn't add up... I would love for the Bills to play in SD

Aside from the divisional games and assuming the formula stays the same for 2011:

Home: Skins, Eagles, KC, Denver, (AFC South 4th place) Houston as it stands right now.

Away: Cowboys, Giants, Oakland, San Diego, (AFC North 4th place) Cincy most likely.

Thanks for the info

So yesterday at the Bills bar, a number of fans said there is a very good chance that the Cowgirls will have to host the Bills at their Thanksgiving game next season. Since they play the AFC east and they are playing both the Jests and the Cheatriots away, then that just leaves the Dolfags and the Bills to play at Cowboys stadium. If the schedulers believe in "taking turns" then it would be the Bills turn.

Any more comments?

The schedulers definitely don't believe in taking turns........But, I sure hope this time they find the Bills more attractive than the Fins.