Bills in Thanksgiving game???

aussiew

So yesterday at the Bills bar, a number of fans said there is a very good chance that the Cowgirls will have to host the Bills at their Thanksgiving game next season. Since they play the AFC east and they are playing both the Jests and the Cheatriots away, then that just leaves the Dolfags and the Bills to play at Cowboys stadium. If the schedulers believe in "taking turns" then it would be the Bills turn.

Any more comments?

• Replies 42
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

I like the Bills having a regular schedule while they are learning and getting better.

Consistency is key, and I don't like the idea of breaking up their practice schedule, just for some Prime Time exposure.

It's a wonder that the Cowboys get those Turkey Day games, though...considering they have not been putting it together lately.

It's all "tradition," and the fact that the Cowboys are willing to play host annually.

I like the Bills having a regular schedule while they are learning and getting better.

Consistency is key, and I don't like the idea of breaking up their practice schedule, just for some Prime Time exposure.

It's a wonder that the Cowboys get those Turkey Day games, though...considering they have not been putting it together lately.

No..CBS has the Cowboy game next year, Detroit will play an NFC team

This could happen. Bills/Cowboys would have no ratings/national distribution at all if played on Sunday in regular season. So from an advertising/ratings standpoint, forcing an enormous national/international audience to watch the Bills when they otherwise would not would be a no brainer. This could actually happen. And the Bills get to extent their streak of getting killed/embarrassed on National TV, further solidifying the national impression that the Bills and Buffalo are a bunch of losers... just perfect :( I would rather build this team in obscurity rather than bring them out b4 they are ready.

This could happen. Bills/Cowboys would have no ratings/national distribution at all if played on Sunday in regular season. So from an advertising/ratings standpoint, forcing an enormous national/international audience to watch the Bills when they otherwise would not would be a no brainer. This could actually happen. And the Bills get to extent their streak of getting killed/embarrassed on National TV, further solidifying the national impression that the Bills and Buffalo are a bunch of losers... just perfect :( I would rather build this team in obscurity rather than bring them out b4 they are ready.

Interesting approach.

Don't disagree, but the Bills are going to get at least one prime time game next year. None of this 1pm stuff all year. They played too many important teams too well to avoid being noticed. The cat's out of the bag on this team. They're getting better and everyone knows it. Lot's of street cred has been earned this year -- now to just turn that into wins . . .

So yesterday at the Bills bar, a number of fans said there is a very good chance that the Cowgirls will have to host the Bills at their Thanksgiving game next season. Since they play the AFC east and they are playing both the Jests and the Cheatriots away, then that just leaves the Dolfags and the Bills to play at Cowboys stadium. If the schedulers believe in "taking turns" then it would be the Bills turn.

Any more comments?

Yes - just wondering if you knew you are famous???

From Buffalo News article, Buffalo's Best Backers by Erin Morris (published in the buffalo magazine insert, November 2010 issue)...

Are Bills fans in other NFL cities at risk when expressing team loyalty?

"What's the toughest job in the world? Being a Buffalo sports fan in the City of Dallas," says Diane "Aussie" Werling, president of the Dallas/Ft. Worth Bills Backers. Dedicated Bills fans living in that part of Texas meet every Sunday to watch the games despite the "grief from obnoxious Cowboys fans."

I've searched high and low - there is no link (apparently this is one section The Snooze doesn't bother to publish on-line) - but I'd be happy to email you the article as a PDF, or pick up a stack of free copies next time I'm at Tops! B-)

GO BILLSSS!!!!

PosLUSZny!!!!! :beer:

Edited by The Senator

It's all "tradition," and the fact that the Cowboys are willing to play host annually.

Plus it's ratings. Dallas is a huge draw nationally. So while everyone is gorging on their turkey, they can still watch the Dallas game.

Interesting approach.

Don't disagree, but the Bills are going to get at least one prime time game next year. None of this 1pm stuff all year. They played too many important teams too well to avoid being noticed. The cat's out of the bag on this team. They're getting better and everyone knows it. Lot's of street cred has been earned this year -- now to just turn that into wins . . .

This might be why they get the Thanksgiving game. Given their improvement over the course of this year, they could be a target for at least 1 prime time game.

I'm not even sure what the criteria is. The locals I talked to yesterday said it's about the numbers and whos "turn" it is. But they're convinced that it has to be a team from the AFC East.

I'm just upset because I know there are many traveling Bills Fans who are looking forward to coming to Dallas next season. Our local Bills Backers have been getting excited about planning parties and welcoming so many fans from around the country.

But playing on Thanksgiving will be a problem for those who don't want to be away from home on that weekend. And it will make game tix much harder to get.

Guess we'll just have to wait until the schedule is published. However, anyone who is planning to come to Dallas - start saving your pennies - Jerry's world is an amazing stadium - but tickets are $$$.

Any more comments?

Who are the bills??

I'm not even sure what the criteria is. The locals I talked to yesterday said it's about the numbers and whos "turn" it is. But they're convinced that it has to be a team from the AFC East.

It does need to be an AFC east team, as we play the NFC East next year, which means the only AFC teams the Cowboys will play will be from theAFC east. And CBS and Fox flip each year which network carries which game, since CBS had the Lions this year, they get the Cowboys next. As its a CBS game, that means and AFC team has to be the visitor.

Now, I was not aware that the home and aways are already locked in place, but that may be. If so, and Dallas has Miami and Buffalo as home games, then 50% chance we will be the game.

All that said, a 17 or 18 game season next year could change all that, depends on the CBA and how the extra games would be added