Cowher linked to Miami coaching job

PromoTheRobot

Fins on Cowher's short list.

Apparently there will be a job in Miami next year. I wonder in Tony Sperrano knows?

PTR

My brother-in-law lives and works in Raleigh, NC.

Cowher has a home in NC, and word is that Carolina will be his landing spot.

Unless the Dolphins make their team a football team instead of just a business they will not land Cowher. This seems like a plant by someone in the Fins office. The Fins have not ran their football program like a serious organization in a long time, if ever. When Shula was there with Marino and the rest of them they were more a glitz and glam team. With their celebrity owners and their apathetic community Cowher would burried under the other attractions in down. Then, again, that is maybe what he wants, somewhere he can go and work privately, because we've seen this week the media in Miami is a complete joke.

We known Denver, Minnesota and Carolina will be hiring new coaches. Fox's contract is up and the ownership has said it will not renew him. The Giants, Bears, Chargers, Fins, Raiders, Titans, 49'ers, Bengals, and my wildcard could be Shannahan leaving Washington. I think between his stubborn personality and Snyders brashness both could part ways, Shannahan decided to ride off in to the sunset after this blunder and Snyder wanting to make a splash in the headlines. This 1 year for them has sent them back years.

I said that last year. The Titans have been limping for 10 years, their playoff year against us was a fluke, Fisher will be done and join the commentators in the booth.

Bears, Bengals, Fins, 49'ers, Raiders and Titans will have coaching positions open.

NO WAY Shanahan leaves Washington.

He's got it too good, and they are just getting started.

Besides, if he did not have any power he would not have been able to bench McNabb.

• 3 weeks later...

Cowher is now rumored to want the Miami job too!

Oh Noooooooo!!!

The Chin, The Fetish, and Bellytits in our division bulling little ole' Chan.

I don't like this one bit.

Go to Carolina and coach Luck.

Edited by Why So Serious?

No way does Cowher come to the AFC East. He'll be under tremendous pressure to produce a division championship and playoff run quickly.

That's just not going to happen in the most competitive division in football in 2012.

He'll go for the division with the lowest hanging fruit like the NFC West or a team that's close but not over the hump. A good, but not great team.

No way does Cowher come to the AFC East. He'll be under tremendous pressure to produce a division championship and playoff run quickly.

That's just not going to happen in the most competitive division in football in 2012.

He'll go for the division with the lowest hanging fruit like the NFC West or a team that's close but not over the hump. A good, but not great team.

I think you're confusing you with Cowher.

Man I hate to disagree with you again, WEO but most of the stuff I have read (and I read entirely too much NFL stuff) has Fisher on very thin ice…as in likely to get fired.

Fisher lost a lot of support amongst ownership, fans, and media last year when the team started 0-6 and Fisher refused to play Vince Young.

Finally Bud Adams pulled rank and insisted that Young be made the starting quarterback and the Titans finished 8-2 under Young, narrowly missing the playoffs only due to Fisher's egotistical stubbornness.

It was almost identical to what happened in Carolina with John Fox, Jake Delhomme, Matt Moore, and Jerry Richardson last year.

Like with Shanahan in Denver, Fisher and Fox have undermined their own tenures with obstinance and ego…and have acted childishly by being passively aggressive towards ownership through the media.

Fisher might have to win out to retain his job. Today's win was a good start.

Guess Fisher won, per Schefter's Twitter:

"Bud Adams: Vince Young will not be on our roster next season."

"And so Jeff Fisher wins. And stays."

Very interesting. Let's hope he ends up in Carolina!

The Steelers haven't exactly been the worse for the wear since he left, right? Cowher is certainly a very good coach but nowhere near the league of someone like Bill B. The word also is that he wants total control wherever he goes. Sounds like a recipe for disaster -- as darn few head coaches have succeeded as GM too. I won't be shaking in my boots IF the Dolphins do sign him.

I know it's easy to hate the Dolphins for lots of other reasons, but owner Steve Ross, GM Ireland, and Carl Peterson are complete LOSERS for actively courting Harbaugh before having the balls to fire Sparano. If that isn't enough of a reason for any potential coaching suitor to run away from this front office, I don't know what is!

Also being reported that Miami offered Gruden $7 mill per season... which he turned down. They're going after some pretty big "fish."

If he wouldn't go to Miami for 7M, it does suggest that he had reasons beyond location and money to reject the Bills' advances.

I know it's easy to hate the Dolphins for lots of other reasons, but owner Steve Ross, GM Ireland, and Carl Peterson are complete LOSERS for actively courting Harbaugh before having the balls to fire Sparano. If that isn't enough of a reason for any potential coaching suitor to run away from this front office, I don't know what is!

Agreed. :sick: