Gailey Down on Spiller?

plenzmd1

This is an automated response.

Suggestions of moving D. Bell to right tackle will automatically be refuted by the argument that the skill sets of left and right offensive tackles are very different.

Actually, playing LT and RT is different. If they were the same, then why do you always put your best tackle on your QB's blind spot? Bell is a decent tackle who is good enough to be on this line, but i wouldn't trust him protecting our QB's blind side. And if you don't see that, then I'm sorry. Can't help you there.

Continue with your automated response.

Edited by DreReed83

• Replies 62
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Aside from Jahvid best, who's started from day one, your comparison sucks. The only reason Chris Ivory saw the field was because of Pierre's injury. Blount is playing more because Williams and Grahm have been banged up all year. They both are avg. backs at best, too.

Spiller came into a rookie-unfriendly situation with two 1,000 backs ahead of him. I'm not defending him at all, just pointing out how useless your comparison was.

Don't even Bother stony, Dre has a personal vendetta against Spiller.

I have no idea if this was siad, not said, etc. On some site, Rotoworld,that is referencing some twitter, so take it for what's worth.

http://www.rotoworld.com/content/playerpages/player_main.aspx?sport=NFL&id=5566

Appears CJ not exactly a Chan favorite from an attitude perspective eh?

Spiller was a terrible pick. Nix is not qualified to be a gm.

Actually, playing LT and RT is different. If they were the same, then why do you always put your best tackle on your QB's blind spot? Bell is a decent tackle who is good enough to be on this line, but i wouldn't trust him protecting our QB's blind side. And if you don't see that, then I'm sorry. Can't help you there.

Those who cannot discern a humorous post from a serious post should not be patronizing.

Those who cannot discern a humorous post from a serious post should not be patronizing.

Stop pretending that you were trying to be humorous in that post. We all know that you were serious and didn't know the difference between a LT and RT. :doh:

Stop pretending that you were trying to be humorous in that post. We all know that you were serious and didn't know the difference between a LT and RT. :doh:

The automated response processor is feeling very sensitive this afternoon. Please agree with the automated response processor.

The skill sets are the same, just one is the mirror image of the other. It should not be a big deal to switch to the same position on the other side of the line. It is a big deal, however, because the players are generally dumber than dirt and can't adapt even that little bit.

You said it correctly, you put the better player on your QBs blind side because he is less apt to !@#$ up and get your QB killed. But needing a better player in the QB's blind side does not mean the skill sets are not the same. You just need the player who is better at executing the skill set on the blind side is all.

Just Chan being honest, and doing his job - a bit of motivational ' mind coaching ' and nothing more, if you ask me. (Of course, no one asked me.)

CJ needs to know he's no longer a Clemson retired-jersey-number superstar, and that he needs to step up his game - more is expected of him in the NFL than just showing up and saying the right things.

Now he knows.

If this is really a quote from Chan Gailey:

he is literally saying, without any sort of interpretation that "CJ Spiller has not adjusted to the intensity of the NFL."

I would consider that calling out CJ Spiller. For a coach to offer that kind of comment to the media is calling out CJ. With very little interpretation he is basically saying CJ Spiller needs to take his game a notch.

I don't think Gailey is calling him out because CJ has probably heard this from him already face to face, man to man a long time ago. Gailey doesn't seem the type to have to go through the media to get a point across. I just think he's a st8 shooter and says what's on his mind or that he's not going to say what's on his mind although he might have an opinion. Nix and Gailey have conducted interviews this way from the start. Spiller already knows what he needs to do. He plays. He just has to earn more trust from the coach. No big deal. It's hard to earn the trust though when the coach is preparing the team for the next opponent. Remember what he said about Maybin? The time to show what he could do was in preseason and now that the season has started and game plans are being put in it's difficult to show what he can do at that point?

Spiller is getting carries, but Fred is a more complete back right now so Fred gets more. Simple, really. Spiller has to learn how to run in the NFL. Ryan Mathews is having the same issue in San Diego. Spiller hit the ball north and south last sunday and took what was there instead of trying to turn everything into a game changer. See if he gets rewarded with more carries this Sunday.

Edited by purple haze

The skill sets are the same, just one is the mirror image of the other. It should not be a big deal to switch to the same position on the other side of the line. It is a big deal, however, because the players are generally dumber than dirt and can't adapt even that little bit.

You said it correctly, you put the better player on your QBs blind side because he is less apt to !@#$ up and get your QB killed. But needing a better player in the QB's blind side does not mean the skill sets are not the same. You just need the player who is better at executing the skill set on the blind side is all.

I'd like anybody to point out where I said the skill sets are completely different. If I never brought it up, then what's everybody's point? I'm just pointing out the fact that LT and RT are different.

Just FYI.

Looks pretty striaght forward.

Questionprobably goes like this: Chan your #1 pick has not seen much time on O 14 weeks in, what gives?

Chan's response basically says: Game is much faster than college and he is struggling to adjust.

If anyone wants to try and stretch the interpreation to a doomsday scenario, you could say his quickness and speed were a difference maker at the college level but not quite enough at the NFL level. I certainly hope that turns out to be rubbish, and it is just a matter of reprograming his football brain to take the 5 yard gain instead of bouncing outside trying for the 50 (or 12 yard loss)

Twitter has absolutely nothing to do with Spiller's play on the field.

And anyone who followed a lick of college football will know that Spiller is full of heart, desire, and determination. But, he's a first round pick, so i guess we can't wait too long before we try to run him out of town.

I follow college football and heart, desire and determination were not traits that I would associate with that CJ Spiller. Talent. That's what he showed. As a freshman he looked like a guy who could be a leading heisman trophy candidate as a sophomore. Instead, despite his incredible talent and his status as a super recruit, he couldn't beat out James Davis. For THREE YEARS he played the change of pace back to Davis.

I follow college football and heart, desire and determination were not traits that I would associate with that CJ Spiller. Talent. That's what he showed. As a freshman he looked like a guy who could be a leading heisman trophy candidate as a sophomore. Instead, despite his incredible talent and his status as a super recruit, he couldn't beat out James Davis. For THREE YEARS he played the change of pace back to Davis.

wow, now that is saying something, and its a scary something to a Bills fan when you know he has already been paid.

Could be, but if he called out his "intensity" is that not calling out his attitude? He is not saying he is not as quick as we thought, or the plays just have not developed for him, or we as a coaching staff have to do a better job getting him involved..you know all the usual coach speak. He his saying his attitude has had an effect on producitivity....again that's if Chan even said this at all :w00t::oops: (friggen twitter)

Gailey said what he said. You are making it what you want it to be. He said the game gets more intense, which does not necessarily mean that Spiller lacks intensity. Spiller has to learn how to run against a step up in competition. Preseason he was killing teams. Not as easy to do when the games count and there is a game plan to take away his strengths. Every team they play knows he can break one at any time. HE wants to break one at every time and that was his issue. I would say a man who lacks fire wouldn't go through the trouble of trying to make something out of nothing; he would see no hole and just go down at first contact. His impatience with the ball denotes a man with confidence. But confidence alone won't make him effective.

We saw him hit the ball between the tackles and take what he could get against Cleveland. That's a good thing. Seems like he might be learning. There is no controversy at all except what "journalists" or some impatient fans want to turn into one.

Edited by purple haze

I have no idea if this was siad, not said, etc. On some site, Rotoworld,that is referencing some twitter, so take it for what's worth.

http://www.rotoworld.com/content/playerpages/player_main.aspx?sport=NFL&id=5566

Appears CJ not exactly a Chan favorite from an attitude perspective eh?

Roto world is definitely trying to start some :censored: !!! If you go & read the whole article on BB.com the last sentence of the article Gailey says that CJ is going to be a very good back !!!!

But Roto world conveniently left that part out so they could get a BS story started & get the fans going at the same time .

But i prompt you to go read the article on BB.com before you give ant credibility to that article at all !!!!!!!

Once again the media is trying to use the Bills as a wipping boy but we are better than that !!!!! GO BILLS !!!!!!

I think this is just another case of Gaily telling us and more importantly Spiller in how it is. My guess is that this statement was made mainly for motivational purposes.

I agree with you, he is hard liner and calls it like he see's it. A real no nonsense kind of coach. If Spiller has the high motivation and maturity he was described of in college, then he should step up to the plate and be a man.