Obscure Bills players from the past

• Replies 203
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Some of these names really bring back some memorys. Sherman White and Lucious Sanford, Earl Edwards, " Gentle Ben" Williams, Art Still, Shane Nelson ( one of the triads of The Bermuda Triangle). Phil Villapeano, Isiah Robinson, Bill Simpson.

Am I the only one who loved the white helmets with the charging Buffalo?

Some of these names really bring back some memorys. Sherman White and Lucious Sanford, Earl Edwards, " Gentle Ben" Williams, Art Still, Shane Nelson ( one of the triads of The Bermuda Triangle). Phil Villapeano, Isiah Robinson, Bill Simpson.

161034[/snapback]

Whoops, forgot to log in.

Guest Guest_Roland Hooks_*

Me- Remember I caught that lok hail mary pass vs. the Pats on the last play of the game in 1980.

God i kicked ass

Dave Behrman, the Bills' first draft pick.  I delivered pizzas with his son Dave Jr. at Mr. Shoes in East Rochester in the late 1980s.  His other son Mike was an all-Ivy tight end at Princeton in 1986.  They took somewhat different paths in life, I'd have to say.

156205[/snapback]

Wow! I knew Dave Jr. too (from Penfield) but I never knew anything about his Dad. :)

Gene Sykes - generic white safety

Preston Ridelhuber - halfback option pass and Heidi game

Jim Cheyunski - two INT's first game - nothing after that

Dan Darragh - not much of a QB but a fine Environmental Attorney

O'Connor, Lucas and Chelf - anybody old enough to recognize that?

156367[/snapback]

161108[/snapback]

O'Connell,Lucas,Shelf played for Bills in the 60's Lucas first draft choice ever for the Bills.Opened a clothing store in Williamsville.

I think that Tom Dempsey was the last straight on kicker the Bills had.Missed a short field goal attempt at the then Rich stadium against the Dolfins that would have won the game for us,it was during that god awful 20 game losing streak.

The reason that I say this is I am pretty sure that Leypolt was the kicker who missed a field goal attempt in the rockpile,and as he was walking to his car after the game he was mugged.(He said that he deserved the beating for missing the field goal)

161034[/snapback]

You just named virtually the entire D starters from a playoff squad in an obscure players thread?

Dan Brandenburg...lived downstairs from my buddy in the late 1990's over on St James Pl, oof of Elmwood....LB/Special Teams nut

156112[/snapback]

had dancing bear tattoo around his ankles and wore T/D t-shirts(Ala grateful Dead)

Wow! I knew Dave Jr. too (from Penfield) but I never knew anything about his Dad.  :)

161104[/snapback]

You went to Penfield too? What year?

I'm not sure I ever saw Dave sober. :lol: I think he and Mike had different mothers since Mike played his high school football at Sweet Home. Penfield sure could have used him.

My personal favorite - TE Buster Barnett. I was a kid in '84 when he played. I think the Bills played on MNF that year. He had a key fumble late in the game that led to the loss. I watched the game with my dad, and he was fuming.

I thought he had a cool name, sounded like a Dairy Queen sundae.

"I'll take a Buster Barnett, a Mister Misty Kiss and two choclate dipped cones!"

You just named virtually the entire D starters from a playoff squad in an obscure players thread?

161128[/snapback]

Most of those players were mentioned earlier in this thread, I was just saying they brought back memories. You want an obscure Bill? How about Phil Dokes?