Obscure Bills players from the past

• Replies 203
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

In the 1962 draft, the Bills drafted a running back from Penn St. in the 15th round (remember this was the old AFL-not a heck of a lot of teams)by the name of Roger Kochman. In the game against the Oilers in 63, Meredith cheap-shoted (at least to manny Bills fans) Kochman. Kochman's running was a surprise and he quickly became a fan favorite. Meredith's hit on Kochman's knee was so bad that he never played again.

156383[/snapback]

I remember watching that game on TV. Kochman was playing because of injuries and strung together a few good games. He lokked like he had a brilliant career ahead of him. One of the biggest advances in the last 45 years is surgurical technique. MaGhaee's injury is an example.

I also remember going to see the Bills beat the Chiefs in 1965. Mack Lee Hill the Ciefs FB ws injured. He had surgury two days later and died on the operating table from a blood clot.

as a child, I recall playing a football game call Strat-o-matic (they also had a great baseball game that I played for a number of years)

156469[/snapback]

SOM now has computer versions of both. They are limited because they're still tied to the board games you played. There arr much better games developed only for the computer. PCAction is an awesome football game. I've replayed numerous Bills seasons. Diamond Mind is the best baseball sim.

John Leypoldt, worst kicker to ever keep making the roster somehow.

156504[/snapback]

..and then did bad coke and dropped over dead of a heart attack when he was about 40 years old. Way to throw away your life.

Wasn't a bad kicker. Made a lot of tackles. Was about 240 lbs.

Marvcus Patton--Why the "v"?

Joe Cribbs-- Not obscure, but a nice RB

Carwell Gardner

Joe D........Never could spell his last name Welcome to the HOF Joe.

Terry Moore ----the answer to a trivia Question, circa 1972-73

I didn't see this here... and how can you forget: Tom Cousineau

He was the first pick of the draft THEN NEVER played for Bflo... he signed in the CFL. He returned to NFL and played for a while, but was a disappointment in a similar way to Erik Flowers.

----

A favorite: Robb Riddick. He was the guru of short yardage. 3rd and one + Riddick almost always = 1st down.

Guest Guesticle
Whatever happened to Yonel Jordain (back up to Thurmal after Kenneth Davis left in the mid 90s)??? I kinda liked him.

156092[/snapback]

Yonel had gotten some playing time during the 7-9 season after the last SB we went to. The following season, Darrick Holmes was drafted and had a great pre-season...

K-Gun WAS named after Keith. The reason being that the K-Gun package, no-huddle mostly of of the Shotgun, was run with our best receiving tight-end, Keith McKellar.