Obscure Bills players from the past

• Replies 203
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Dave Washington... Linebacker. Long time ago, may even have been at the Rockpile.

Two claims to fame; one picked up Mercury Morris and slammed him headfirst into the turf at home... the fans went beserk with joy!!! Two, due to injuries during a game, had to become our placekicker and made an extra point or two.

This is so long ago I could even be wrong with his first name, but I am pretty sure it was Dave.

Leon Seals aka Dr Sack...or how about Keith McKellar he was once quoted as saying the K-Gun offense was named for him...i hope he was joking.

156079[/snapback]

The K-Gun WAS named for Keith McKellar, fyi, so he most assuredly was not joking.

The K-Gun WAS named for Keith McKellar, fyi, so he most assuredly was not joking.

156086[/snapback]

The k-gun was named for the no huddle style led by some guy named Kelly...one of the most prolific offenses in football history was not named after a guy who's career high for receptions was 44.

http://www.billsbackers.com/BROWNS.htm that link points to Kelly in the game against Cleveland where Harmon "dropped" the ball as the beginning of the K-gun at no point is McKellar mentioned. BTW I totally forgot that Norwood screwed us in that game too by missing a PAT.

The k-gun was named for the no huddle style led by some guy named Kelly...one of the most prolific offenses in football history was not named after a guy who's career high for receptions was 44.

http://www.billsbackers.com/BROWNS.htm that link points to Kelly in the game against Cleveland where Harmon "dropped" the ball as the beginning of the K-gun at no point is McKellar mentioned. BTW I totally forgot that Norwood screwed us in that game too by missing a PAT.

156099[/snapback]

No, the K Gun was named after Keith MacKellar, I believe because he kept forgetting that he was a member of the no huddle package. It had nothing to do with the K in Kelly.

I'll add Monte Ledbetter to the obscure list.