Say Something Positive about the 2010 Bills

3-10 seasons aren't pretty, but despite Jerry Sullivan and his ilk's outlook there are some positives about this team. In the spirit of Christmas let's list a few. Here's one to get it started:

I really like the young receiving corps on this team. Johnson has been a revelation, Nelson and Jones have made some big catches, Parrish was finally living up to his potential and let's not forget that camp star Easley will be back next season. In fact, one might argue that the only weak link here all season was the aging and overpaid Lee Evans.

All in all, I think the kids have been a big upgrade over TO and Josh Reed, with nothing but upside on the horizon.

Edited by ChevyVanMiller

• Replies 67
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

The positives I'm taking so far this season:

-Steve Johnson has shown flashes of brilliance.

-Ryan Fitzpatrick is a legitimate quarterback. Ballsy and smart, great combination.

-Kyle Williams is a beast.

-Despite the grief he gets, Poz is a tackling machine and has been making plays closer to the LOS this year than in past years.

-The development of Moats makes me think we have another legitimate linebacker on the roster.

-Getting rid of Edwards and Greene is evidence to me that the front office is willing to improve the team by getting rid of dead weight.

-David Nelson is going to be a good receiver for a while.

-Roscoe was having his best year to date.

-Bell is not the penalty prone machine he was last year, and is overall much better than last year.

On February 5, 2012, as we gather at Indianapolis' Lucas Oil Stadium to watch MVP Ryan Fitzpatrick and our BuffTown Bills win Superbowl 46, we will look back at this 2010 season fondly as the beginning of the latest Buffalo Bills football dynasty...

GO BILLSSS!!!!

PosLUSZny!!!!! :beer:

Edited by The Senator

On February 5, 2012, as we gather at Indianapolis' Lucas Oil Stadium to watch MVP Ryan Fitzpatrick and our BuffTown Bills win Superbowl 46, we will look back at this 2010 season fondly as the beginning of the latest Buffalo Bills football dynasty...

GO BILLSSS!!!!

PosLUSZny!!!!! :beer:

Damn man .. now THAT is something positive! :):thumbsup:

Gailey is getting the absolute most out of his team.

Evidence of this:

The Bills don't quit. How many teams would have packed it in after the first half they had in Cincinnati?

Gailey is noticeably more aggressive than his predecessor when it comes to going for it on 4th and short as well as throwing the red flag in the right situation.

I'd like to see what he could do with a roster than was deeper in talent and less reliant on practice squad signees from other teams.

I'll go back to Gailey's quote, "It's a tough game for tough people."

I think this is the mentality that he and Nix have, and they are creating that identity on this team--the Bills are becoming a tough, physical team (despite the fluke in Minnesota). Good riddance to smaller and quicker!

Barring the kind of devastating injuries that wreck seasons, 2011 will be a terrific season for the Bills. They get the NFC East (with McNabb and Vick at the Ralph) and the AFC West (so real AFL type rivalry games against Broncos and Chiefs at the Ralph instead of boring,, no rivalry Lions, Vikings, Packers, Bears) , plus San Diego and Oakland rivalry type games on the road. Plus, probably Titans and Bengals at home. Plus Cowboys and Giants on the road. So a much more exciting schedule, combined with a better team should make for a really great season, assuming there is one.

Improving team. Huge leap on offense. Defense coming on late. Best coach in years.

PTR

Sums it up nicely. I am ten times happier with this 3 win team than I ever was with Jauron's 7-9 versions. I believe there is an actual plan for rebuilding this time.

The emergence of Kyle Williams, Fitzpatrick, and Stevie have been a welcome surprise. I'd include Gailey's willingness to cut loose Edwards and Lynch as an upgrade for the team.

I wasn't at the game, but from what I've read hopefully they're on to something with Wood at center, that would help the O Line. I'm pleased this year that we've seen that Bell can actually play, and hopefully get better. Also as many have said, the receivers have really emerged, loving David Nelson as undrafted FA pick up.