Nice profile of "Nick in England"

Golden Wheels

Looks like our member from the UK had a brilliant time today. Article with video.

"Tailgating is absolutely fantastic," said Nick, 31, president of the UK Bills Backers, which is part of a worldwide network of Bills fans.

The miserable game-time weather was no bother, they said. In fact, it was reminiscent of foggy London town.

"It makes us feel at home," said John, 57.

On Sunday they were dressed head to toe in Santa costumes complete with long, white beards. Nick was flying a homemade Union Jack modified to incorporate the Bills' charging buffalo logo.

"This is hand-stitched by me," he said holding it proudly. "I broke two sewing machines making it. My wife and my mother are very annoyed."

British Bills fans make annual trek to Orchard Park

I really wanted to get to Buffalo today to see Nick and his father again. His father and I are the same age. "Babyrock" is a bit younger than Nick. We saw them about four years ago when the Bills were hosting Miami in the snow (Lot one Pole Six back then).

This part is special: "Nick estimates there are about 300 Bills fans in the U.K. His interest in the NFL team was sparked when his dad took him to see the Bills play the Philadelphia Eagles in July 1991 in an exhibition then known as the "American Bowl." The Bills beat the Eagles at Wembley Stadium in London, 17-13."

Nick once said in his bio, that he chose the Bills as his NFL team because his father liked the Eagles. You know how teenagers are, right?

Anyway, Somehow I seem to have a lot of obscure Bills memorabilia, literally boxes of things. One item was a full page advertisement from USA Today (UK Edition) for the game at Wembley in 1991. I made it a point to meet Nick and I gave him the ad. He was pleased and surprised anyone HAD IT! I figured it was better in his hands than mine.

I also joined the Bills Backers of UK around that time. :D

I really wanted to get to Buffalo today to see Nick and his father again. His father and I are the same age. "Babyrock" is a bit younger than Nick. We saw them about four years ago when the Bills were hosting Miami in the snow (Lot one Pole Six back then).

This part is special: "Nick estimates there are about 300 Bills fans in the U.K. His interest in the NFL team was sparked when his dad took him to see the Bills play the Philadelphia Eagles in July 1991 in an exhibition then known as the "American Bowl." The Bills beat the Eagles at Wembley Stadium in London, 17-13."

Nick once said in his bio, that he chose the Bills as his NFL team because his father liked the Eagles. You know how teenagers are, right?

Anyway, Somehow I seem to have a lot of obscure Bills memorabilia, literally boxes of things. One item was a full page advertisement from USA Today (UK Edition) for the game at Wembley in 1991. I made it a point to meet Nick and I gave him the ad. He was pleased and surprised anyone HAD IT! I figured it was better in his hands than mine.

I also joined the Bills Backers of UK around that time. :D

Awesome, Rockpile. Hope a lot of the gang got to see Nick and have a great day at the stadium.

This video is something my daughter should never see. The things you do with a hangover.......................

Nice to see Lori, Harriet, Jay and Kenny today - and the guys at the Big Tree.

I'd say you represented very well!

Love the flag! Well worth a few broken sewing machines.